[Resolution] The Ohl'tar Tensions

Allot

[Resolution] The Ohl'tar Tensions

Post by Allot »

The matter of the Ohl'tar in Agnesia has escalated to the point where we feel it seriously endangers the indigenous Elwynnese population. We find it necessary that the Council decide as soon as possible to stance that Elwynn should take. We would ask the Council to take into consideration the recent warnings from the Count of Agnesia re: sending a military force.

Sincerely,

William of Araxion
Official Representative of His Grace the Duke of Elwynn Andrew Allot
Last edited by Allot on Mon May 18, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Count Agnesia's Bitchfest

Cho'Gall

Re: [Resolution] The Ohl'tar Problem

Post by Cho'Gall »

Okay Führer
En taru adun

Allot

Re: [Resolution] The Ohl'tar Tensions

Post by Allot »

NOT ok. NOT cool. Are you happy now?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Let any Ohl'tar who wishes to live in peace submit to the Duke's rule and mercy - and let any who reject his authority be dealt with by the Elwynnbrigaden.

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote:Let any Ohl'tar who wishes to live in peace submit to the Duke's rule and mercy - and let any who reject his authority be dealt with by the Elwynnbrigaden.

Do you not see that any who do submit will be killed and any that don't will be killed as well.

There will be NOTHING but torrents of blood if you refuse diplomacy
En taru adun

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

This is as far as negotiation goes - if the Ohl'tar submit to the rule of law then there will be peace. If not there shall be war and it will be the end of the species.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Please! I will not have another genocide. If the Duke were here I'm sure he would agree with me. If these renegade Ohl'tar are determined to destroy Elwynn and her people, then the Elwynnbrigaden must defend Elwynn's pople, not destroy a species. The renegade Ohl'tar will be detained alive until the Duke's return. IF, however (as we hope) the Ohl'tar are willing to actually voice their concerns and debate this matter, then no military action is needed. I'm getting one of my headaches...

Lord Ardashir, you will refrain from making genocidal comments from now on.

--William of Araxion

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Sir William,

Nobody in their heart of heart wants genocide but in all honesty, my ancestors have had experience of interspecies warfare and I can assure you that it is of a character altogether darker than mere war between nations.

We can of course guarantee the safety of those who submit but as to those who resist, there will have to be prudent measures for self-defence factored into this. If so ordered we can attempt to take every rebel alive but to do so would put our forces at an extreme, and frankly unjustified, risk of harm.
Last edited by Aurangzeb Khan on Mon May 18, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Of course, should our soldiers be rushed by 8 foot tall axe wielding arachnids, we understand the need for self-defense. However, we must also emphasize that apart from such situations, no arms should be necessary. Squadrons should make attempts to peacefully and safely neutralize the rebel cells without harming them.

AGAIN, we hope that no military action will be necessary as hopefully the Ohl'tar will communicate their grievances.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Rules of engagement that are being proposed would leave our forces vulnerable to being rushed suddenly. We must therefore presume that all armed arachnids are evidently hostile.

Allot

Post by Allot »

The Council will deliberate. In the meantime, the Elwynnbrigaden will remain on the outskirts of Agnesia, and the Elwynnwehr shall remain on 24-hour standby.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I propose incidentally that the human population of Vijayanagara be instructed to evacuate by sea to the Cimmerian Isles. There is no reason to leave them in harms way at this grave juncture in events. It would of course be a temporary measure and the Elwynnbrigaden need play no part if the civilian authorities can attend to it.

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Does no one listen to me?

No one seems to understand that "Submitting" will make Ohl'tar civilians targets for rebels.

The rebels threaten to kill ALL the people in Alumelith, regardless of affiliation.

You must speak with them formally and negotiate, for sending in any foreign battalion will cause my worst fears.
En taru adun

Allot

Post by Allot »

Khan - Good idea. See to it.
Cho'Gall - See to it.

--Sir William

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

No challenge to the authority of the Duke within his own realms can possibly be tolerated. Perhaps those Ohl'tar who wish to be peaceful and loyal should join in the suppression of the rebellion, or indeed take an active lead if they are so keen to avoid 'foreign' intervention.

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

Are you asking women and children to fight their brothers?

Why don't you evacuate the peaceful Ohl'tar too?
En taru adun

Allot

Post by Allot »

Count Agnesia - please arrange a meeting with these rebel Ohl'tar as soon as possible.
Lord Ardashir - please continue to follow your standing orders.

--Sir William

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Sir William,

In Vijayanagara the order to begin assembling prior to evacuation has been given.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

*A commotion at the door is followed by a dramatic crash as Leo rushes in*

Sorry gentlemen I have been somewhat distracted of late and completely missed the memo that the council was being convened.

In any case the order for the human evacuation of Vijayanagara has begun and at this point I cannot turn back the clock. However, meaning no disrespect, I must request that you not act without consulting me in my own Barony Khan. Your actions, as always, are quick, effective, and too the point, but I must point out that you sometimes lack the moral balance in your final decisions.

I must therefor ask that from this point forth that you, at the very least, ask my opinion before acting on matter of this scale. I will make myself more readily available to you as I know I have been slightly lacking in my presence in the last few days.

Now, Count Agnesia. I understand you hold some affection for these Ohl'tar but, as I have said before and will say again, they threaten the balance of peace in the land. I will be leaving with you to return to your county now and speak with these Ohl'tar personally. Would you please ensure that a safe meeting will be arranged for when we arrive?

I intent to keep this from escalating to a point that would require bloodshed, but please know that I will not hesitate in asking the Brigadier General to move in should things get, metaphorically, ugly.

Sir William, if you must still speak with me and the Khan it may have to be by messages as I believe I have left this matter unattended for too long and will be departing for Vijayanagara presently.

I ask that this resolution be postponed until diplomacy has proved ineffective.
Leo Fenrir

Allot

Post by Allot »

Many thanks, Baron Leo. What with the duke and all...well, I'm glad you're here. Please, I leave this entirely in your hands. I think you can deal with it appropriately.

My apologies for acting without your consent, the Khan and I feared for the population of Vijayanagara and felt it necessary to act with haste.

Godspeed.

-W

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Cimmeria does have a lot of sparsely populated islands, and Wintergleam does currently control Wolfraven.
If any group is unable to live peacefully on the mainland, evacuating them to a Cimmerian isle seems like a more merciful route than killing them outright (sorry Ardy) as long as Baron Harald is okay with it.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

As per usual you offer a most sensible option Scott. I will be sure to bring this up during the discussions with the Ohl'tar leaders.
Leo Fenrir

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:Cimmeria does have a lot of sparsely populated islands, and Wintergleam does currently control Wolfraven.
If any group is unable to live peacefully on the mainland, evacuating them to a Cimmerian isle seems like a more merciful route than killing them outright (sorry Ardy) as long as Baron Harald is okay with it.
That would be fine with me.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Return to “Council of Eliria”