Visit from Elwynn

andelarion

Visit from Elwynn

Post by andelarion »

My dear Baron Wintersong,

I am in great awe of the works and deeds you have begun in Ynnraile. As you may know, we the people of Elwynn have a connexion to the people of Ynnraile. We have through many days shared the same duke, the same laws and the same land.

To observe and learn more from your barony, of the mighty history that you have been uncovering, I will come to Avakair tomorrow to see you and the greatness of your barony. I will take the train from Eliria to Avakair via Diarsanta. With me, my bodyguards will come. Confident that you will receive us well for we have heard many great things of your rule, I will happily see you.

With regards from the frozen river of Eliria and best wishes,

A. Andelarion.

Yvain Wintersong

Re: Visit from Elwynn

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

Count Ardas:

I didn't know that our two lands once shared a Duke and a government. When you arrive, I hope you will enlighten me further about our shared history.

As you may know, tensions on the border have been high here ever since the war against the Kaiser began. The trouble escalated yesterday after the Khan of Vijayanagra blocked the rail connection into Elwynn. I hope we can have a frank discussion preventing the war from having any dire local consequences or leading to unnecessary bloodshed in this area.

I don't usually like to use AIM, but I am going to try to get it since it seems to be the most common chat program here. If I can get it working, I will try to talk to you tomorrow.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Trillian is the AIM program I use, but there are various ones available. Most of us do use it, and I often speak with people from all over the world in real time. It will be good to have you online where we can speak together. (It's also a great way to put together some neat projects and recwar plans with someone else before bringing them to the citizenry.)

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Lord Wintersong,

Thank you, I look forward to speaking with you. My AIM handle is iamrhic (do not comment on the name, it's silly and I made it... urrr... some six, seven years ago when I was young and dumb). If you prefer, we can use MSN.

A. A.

Yvain Wintersong

Andelarion, right now I'm logged into AIM under the name "YvainTheLost". The program says "iamrhic" is online. I've sent you a message and it's popped up a window displaying what I said, but it's not showing a reply. Are you not answering or am I doing something wrong?

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Hmm... I saw nothing... I'll try sending you a message.

Yvain Wintersong

I see your message "knock knock", and I sent a few messages in reply, but I'm not getting an answer. It seems I can't send messages...
I'm going to try one more thing. Please wait a few minutes.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I just read your message and added you to my contact list. You don't appear to be online right now (12:20 pst). My online name is Hypatias mom. You are welcome to add me if you choose.

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Upon hearing the news that the East Elwynn Sluices had bbeen destroyed and a great flooding continues in his home duchy, Aradas immediately began packing. He had to go and see what had happened. Elwynn was in danger, Shirekeep was in danger. Even though Aradas had a meeting scheduled with Wintersong, he had to leave. Great evils were committed.

He quickly wrote a letter.
My dear Baron Wintersong,

I am afraid, and it saddens me, that I have to leave Avakair so abruptly. I cannot find words to what has explained, butI am sure news will tell you.

Thank you for your hospitality. It shall be remembered.

A. A.
And he headed towards the railway station where his train was "anchored". With him his followers came, and the train left the station soon, and with full speed a head went to Eliria.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

The Khan's Train similarly quit Kingsgate at that time and moved towards Eliria. The line back down to Islus had, needless to say, been disrupted by flooding.

Return to “Barony of Ynnraile”