Considering abdicating

vasroe

Considering abdicating

Post by vasroe »

Considering abdicating.

Would someone like to purchase my Barony? Bidding starts at 2000.00 Erb.

Leo Fenrir

Re: Considering abdicating

Post by Leo Fenrir »

I will buy that off you. ;)

The ISI (Acting as Leo Fenrir's Legal Guardian) places 2000 :erb
Leo Fenrir

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

*Sigh* You can't be a lesser noble of more than one fief.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Then be noble of only this fief :)
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

And the game continues.
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

*Sigh* You can't be a lesser noble of more than one fief.
That law seriously needs to be changed. It's one of those laws people pass for no reason.

Santelran Rottsaa

That law needs to stay because it makes sense.

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

That law needs to stay because it makes sense.
It's unrealistic. Nobles in Europe held multiple titles all the time. Also being able to buy and sell titles if a Duke allows it would stimulate the Shirerithian economy.

Any higher offers than from ISI/Leo Fenrir?

Santelran Rottsaa

vasroe wrote:It's unrealistic. Nobles in Europe held multiple titles all the time. Also being able to buy and sell titles if a Duke allows it would stimulate the Shirerithian economy.
It keeps freaks and assholes like me from pissing everyone off, although I seem to be good at doing that anyway.

Besides, you can be a count in multiple duchies anyway.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

One of the main reasons it's there is to keep us from attracting people that only hoard titles and do little else. I support the law in full. If you want it repealed, introduce a bill in the Landsraad. Until then, obey it or I will drag you before the Judex.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

I am of course aware of this law. I am willing to relinquish my position as Baron of Nordland.

Would a change of residence be necessary though?
Leo Fenrir

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I would say yes to that.

You would also have to give up your Stewardship in Elwynn (provided you still are). If you can't be Duke, you can't be Steward.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Mike is correct in all this.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Malliki Tosha wrote:One of the main reasons it's there is to keep us from attracting people that only hoard titles and do little else. I support the law in full. If you want it repealed, introduce a bill in the Landsraad. Until then, obey it or I will drag you before the Judex.
Yeah, but who cares? If they were in any way harming anyone, which I would contents that it doesn't, then the duke could just remove the mostly ceremonial titles and that would be that.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I care you arrogant prick.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Frankly, if you don't support your desires with reasons, I couldn't give less of a frick what you care about. Do you care for any reason other than to just be an asshole, or is that your only driving force these days?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I'm not the one being an asshole.
One of the main reasons it's there is to keep us from attracting people that only hoard titles and do little else.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

And I stated both that I don't see it as a problem and that there's a ridiculously easy solution. I always have to recap things for you! Why do I have to say things like this to you constantly when you could just scroll up? Can't be bothered? Jesus, it's like you only see things that you want to and ignore everything else that goes on. Just because your fool fingers typed it doesn't make it a fact - it's a subjective opinion and a lousy one to boot.

You've been trolling this duchy all week and it's growing a bit thin. I am amazed that the duke has not grown tired of your endless stream of negative nonsense and asked you to leave.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Harvey Steffke wrote:And I stated both that I don't see it as a problem and that there's a ridiculously easy solution. I always have to recap things for you! Why do I have to say things like this to you constantly when you could just scroll up? Can't be bothered? Jesus, it's like you only see things that you want to and ignore everything else that goes on. Just because your fool fingers typed it doesn't make it a fact - it's a subjective opinion and a lousy one to boot.

You've been trolling this duchy all week and it's growing a bit thin. I am amazed that the duke has not grown tired of your endless stream of negative nonsense and asked you to leave.
Yes, it is a subjective opinion, just like yours. I don't agree with your opinion, hence me giving my opinion.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Oh sure, no doubt, by all means it is your right to disagree with me and engage me in debate. But when you call me an arrogant prick in my own duchy, I start to feel our conversations have little value. Shireroth is not a real-life nation in 2010, you know. You have NO rights here in Shireroth and even less in Goldshire, and many of the citizens are proud of this fact. I would be mindful of the way you act in a subdivision forum, were I you.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I call it like I see it.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

You find this an admirable trait, do you? Were you to "call it like you see it" in normal social situations, this would be disastrous.

"No son, that's completely wrong and to say something like that proves how little you know about anything."

"Yes, dear, that dress makes you look extremely fat. Actually, you're getting a bit chunky."

"No boss, I will not do this task because it's a moronic idea that will be a huge waste of my time. And, on that note, you're a completely impotent asshole."

Social convention demands many things of us, and many of those demands require us to keep our opinions to ourselves, especially when dealing with situations where convention puts us in a position where we are not a superior. We are both barons, but this is Goldshire, and so I am not out of line in asking for respectable courtesy. It may not be fair, but I'm not about to try to rebuild the world by myself, so dems the breaks for all of us. If you'd like to insult me elsewhere, I'd be happy to play some ball, but this here is not the time nor the place.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Thank you for that lesson in social etiquette. Now I will go practice my new-found skills in various social situations, and hopefully, I will feel like a new man.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

You sound like a bunch of old grandmothers.... Its amusing keep it up!

Now I think I will have to retract my offer seeing as I had not intended on having to change residence. I may reevaluate in the future should the offer still be open and circumstances have changed. :) Sorry for having wasted you time.
Leo Fenrir

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

You guys are fun to watch... Kinda reminds me of back when JDS was around Harvey. You two used to fight like crazy...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

You and Bill. :)

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Good times! Good times....

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

Now I think I will have to retract my offer seeing as I had not intended on having to change residence. I may reevaluate in the future should the offer still be open and circumstances have changed. :) Sorry for having wasted you time.
That's understandable. Maybe circumstances will change sometime.

For the time being, I remain Baron of Ynnraille, defender of these lands and keeper of its serfs. Still, I remain open to offers, if anyone else is interested in doing a baronial swap or buying this barony legally under the current laws.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

It would make sense for one to reside in their Barony. Goldshire could use the extra manpower.

I would most certainly support a bill repealing the multiple holding restriction. If you wish, you may propose such a bill in the name of Goldshire (Harvey).
Is it legal in Shireroth to censor or ban someone from one's lands?
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Yes it is. We have no guaranteed rights period. The Kaiser decides with absolute rule what happens in all of Shireroth and the Duke decides with absolute rule what happens in her duchy.
If you wish, you may propose such a bill in the name of Goldshire (Harvey).
I will consider, though I am not sure the political climate is such that it is likely to pass right now.

Return to “Barony of Ynnraile”