Lunaris - A Guide

Krasniy Yastreb

Lunaris - A Guide

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

LUNARIS

The county of Lunaris lies on the eastern bank of the Elwynn Delta. Its geography consists of gentle hills in the north steepening to mountainous country in the middle, with flat agricultural land to the south and the Eriana Eth Lune Forest to the east. The economy is primarily agricultural, composed of staple food production in the southern flatlands along with vineyards in the crescent valley. The forest to the west is largely uninhabited, and feared by those residing on its periphery for the many mythical beasts that are rumoured to dwell within.

A map of Greater Lunaris

Despite the relatively undeveloped nature of the county, its inhabitants are far from bumpkins. The vast majority carry a well-read tradition of cultural awareness, mostly a result of the systematic provision of art to the masses under first and greatest Lunatic ruler, the eternal and transmogrifying Eriana Moon.

Lower Lunaris has few cities, with most people living mostly in small agrarian communes around which are dotted the various public services their inhabitants require. The centre of most action in these settlements is the theatre, of which thanks to Eriana Moon's reign every community has at least one. Clustered around the foyer of any given theatre one will find tradesmen, jabbering prophecists, drinking parties and more. The entrance halls of most theatres have been expanded at least once in their history to accomodate all these people.

The rural and wild geography of Lunaris serves to remove civilised distraction from its inhabitants, and so enhance their own introverted insanity which in Lunaris is seen as a positive character trait. Indeed the Lunatic schoolroom would seem awfully anarchic and noisy to an outsider, but is in fact a healthy environment where young kids can explore and develop their capacity for randomness and nonsense from an early age.

The administrative capital of Lunaris is the town of Erianamor, named for our glorious departed leader who once had an outpost approximately on the site. It sits in a sea of cabbage fields and draws petitioners and tradesmen from all over, as well as housing a host of administrative halls built of polished marble and inlaid with the images of, among other things, leopards and does.

Another notable town is Smotretka on the bank of the River Elwynn, where Count Krasniy Yastreb made his entrance to Lunaris during the partition years to begin his reign as count, and in which lies his personal estate. Smotretka is named slavically for Krasniy's hypnotic stare, with with he wooed Eriana Moon in ancient times. Smotretka boasts a mile-high tower atop which sits a glowing red hawk, and from which can be seen everything from Erianamor to the Alexandrettan side of the Elwynn Delta.

Smotretka viewed by night

A similar settlement to Smotretka lies on the northeast coast. H4773r's Landing is where H4773r 3lfs0n, ruler of the Upper Lands during the partition, made his entrance to Lunaris and made the first decisions of his rule. He later moved inland to the city of Lune Villa, between the northern fringes of the Eriana Eth Lune Forest and the Crescent Valley. This is the second largest town in Lunaris, and the headquarters for H4773r's famous airship building programme. Also founded during H4773r's time was the town of Teldrin at the northwest extremity of Lunaris on the bank of the River Elwynn, the boat embarkation point for Lunatic officials on their way to conduct business in Shirekeep.

Lunaris has two Ancient Holy Sites. The first is the ancient fiefdom of Lumenetra, built on an isolated peninsula on the southeastern coast where a tall outcrop of rock rises dramatically out of the flat landscape. It is the residence of her Eternal Transmogrificance Eriana Moon, and is preserved as a memorial to her work and a place for her spirit to reside.

The other Holy Site is the Hortus Ortus Intemptasta Nox, loosely translated as the Dead of Night Garden. Along with Lumenetra it was the only site to survive the great topographical upheaval of Eriana Moon's death, and blooms with various flowering plants all year round.
Last edited by Krasniy Yastreb on Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I forgot about the stare. Where's that picture you had?
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Krasniy Yastreb

Long gone... but it wasn't THAT good.

Anyway, guide updated with map and a nice picture of Smotretka which took me fxxing HOURS...
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

AngelGuardian93

You made that? Niiiice work. :)

And yes, it WAS a good picture. I remember staring at it for a minute before I realized I was staring at it!
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Eriana Moon

Wow

Post by Eriana Moon »

I am emencely touched and honored.

Krasniy Yastreb

*drops to the ground in a bow so low he trips over his own humility and falls over*

Your legacy I've tried to reflect appropriately, m'lady. :worship

In fact I had the old inactive Count ousted (with Greg and H4773r's help) just so I could come and champion your legacy, so the honour is all mine that my work is appreciated :)

I implore you to stick around, for nowhere in the Kaiser's lands are you as welcomed as here... where you're seen as something of a transcendent goddess with a personality cult that would make Stalin gnash his teeth in jealousy. Make any request and I shall obey it without question. Despite my feudal coronet I remain forever at your service...

*bows again, falls over again and crawls off on all fours* :worship
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ MoMA SDI Director

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

:o
*just blink for a few moments then remembers her self and extends a hand to help up her old... "friend"*

I am only what I have always been and that is only me but you do me grate honor. It's been so long that I have been away and this body still feels strainge. I must take some time to reajust. Does my home still stand?

(see map in the live journal posted in upper lunaris)

Krasniy Yastreb

The peninsula on which your home lies was (quasi-conveniently) named a holy site as a mapped location for what was the old Lumenetra project... since the project was your baby and could have started close to home, I think to all intents and purposes we can say yes, your home still stands on that site, lovingly maintained as if you had never left :)
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ MoMA SDI Director

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

:o I'll be... Lumanetra was even remembered

AngelGuardian93

Cult of Personality ring true in anyone's ears? Not that that's bad. Hehe. :)

Krasniy Yastreb

What do you expect? I come from a long line of Soviet micronations... we do cults of personality like nobody else.

:demon :kaiser :demon
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ MoMA SDI Director

AngelGuardian93

I'd comment, but it might be redundant. :P

Return to “County of Parvatvana”