Statement

AryezturMejorkhor

Statement

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Ships bearing members of the exiled ruling family have landed at Mejor.

Prince Premdeva, stepping onshore made the following statement in an ancient language:

"Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta"
(In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world)

Therefore, Parvatvana, formerly Khorze, Lunaris, and now as greater Khorze, Goldshire, is hereby under the rule of its ancient house. It is free and independent and will decide its future soon.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

Re: Statement

This state is hereby declared the independent and sovereign Freestate of Khorze.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Let me guess... an Antican vassal state? :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Get the fuck out of my duchy, asshole.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Once again, you may consider the Laqi Free State considers itself your comrade in arms.

AryezturMejorkhor

Very well. On further consideration, seizing all of Goldshire is perhaps not the best idea. Therefore, we give up our claim to Goldshire and even most of this county. Only the city of Mejor and its surrounding area including the small town of Aina shall be deemed free. This tiny area shall be known as the Free City of Mejor and is barely 1% of the land previously claimed.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Falkner van der Sluijs

Being that you have not set foot here for several months, you will get nothing. All portions of Goldshire will remain under Imperial control.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

AryezturMejorkhor

Actually, we're a part of Elwynn now.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Falkner van der Sluijs

Actually, you're not. You have zero control over any part of Goldshire to begin with, and you haven't for 3 months now.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

AryezturMejorkhor

I'm going to just give up my claim, seeing as its not substantiated, has no support, will compromise my honor, and seeing how things are getting messier and messier here.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Falkner van der Sluijs

'Atta boy, back to Antica with you.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:I'm going to just give up my claim, seeing as its not substantiated, has no support, will compromise my honor, and seeing how things are getting messier and messier here.
Honestly, if you didn't see all of this at the moment you made the claim itself, you were blinded by something fierce.

AryezturMejorkhor

I didn't expect you guys to regroup with purpose so fast.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Falkner van der Sluijs

I think you underestimate my zeal.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Pft regroup. There wasn't any legitimate regroup. What changed since the day of the rebellion, I mean really? Shireroth's political system still sucks. Community is iffy and a lot of people don't like eachother. No new blood. The only thing that happened is that nobody backed you up on a claim that was ridiculous to begin with.

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Pft regroup. There wasn't any legitimate regroup. What changed since the day of the rebellion, I mean really? Shireroth's political system still sucks. Community is iffy and a lot of people don't like eachother. No new blood. The only thing that happened is that nobody backed you up on a claim that was ridiculous to begin with.
Shireroth may be down, but it's not out.

AryezturMejorkhor

Nonetheless, while you can rightfully deny my claim to Goldshire, you cannot deny my essentially sole and legitimate claim to the urban area/city of Mejor-Aina, which was my creation, that I put months of effort into, despite the dislike of many of that city in this realm. I will continue to defend its rights in the future through less confrontational means.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Yes, you put in several months of effort to Mejor-Aina. Yes, that is a commendable act. Does that provide some legitimacy for you resuming control over the city within Shireroth in the future? Of course. Does that provide any legitimacy for you taking the land, seceding and leaving Shireroth? Not in the slightest.

People seem to be failing to get the idea that in Shireroth you're given vast freedom to do what you want with your subdivision. That's Shireroth, that's how it works. If the Imperial Government said to you "No, as a longstanding citizen I'm not going to let you do anything in the land you developed", then there's a problem, but we haven't reached that stage yet (particularly not the long-standing citizen bit). But your free reign is in Shireroth. You have no legitimacy to just take your work and pack up and move countries. How would Antica react if you said "I've developed city X, but I feel bored in Antica at the moment, so I'm going to take city X with me and secede. Maybe head off to Gralus later."?

Now, if you'd been developing the place for years and woven it's history into recwars and coups and cedrist myth, like, for example, I've done with Melangia, then you might have a modicum of legitimacy for seceding, iff the government was trying to forcibly take it off you and you'd done nothing to deserve it (like, say, ceasing to be a citizen). Of course, if you'd been developing the places for years and woven it's history into recwars and coups and cedrist myth, it would also be quite hard to imagine taking it out of Shireroth because it's history is so much a part of Shireroths. If you'd been developing the place for ten years and woven it throughout all manner of things and it had no physical land, then you might even have your desire to leave taken seriously, provocation or not (confer Ari and Straylight). Not sure people would understand why you'd want to leave, but they might at least take you seriously. But months of effort does not legitimise you turning up here after having done nothing for a while and just seceding.

All that said, we all look forward to you doing more development in Mejor-Aina within Shireroth in the months to come :yay: , and would be delighted to have the people of Mejor-Aina fight together with their other brothers and sisters across Shireroth to defend our nation from those who would try and rip it apart. :archy :thumbsup
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:Nonetheless, while you can rightfully deny my claim to Goldshire, you cannot deny my essentially sole and legitimate claim to the urban area/city of Mejor-Aina, which was my creation, that I put months of effort into, despite the dislike of many of that city in this realm. I will continue to defend its rights in the future through less confrontational means.
Do you remember when we were in Goldshire together, and you would tell me that I should work on cultural development, and I always seemed wary and unwilling to do it? Do you know why that was true? Because once you develop something for Shireroth, in Shireroth, than it belongs to Shireroth forever. The country is notorious for not letting stuff like that go. I'm pretty amazed that Ari seems to be getting away with Straylight - it's almost entirely unprecedented.

AryezturMejorkhor

But isn't it precisely this attitude that led to Shireroth's staticness? Cultures come and go, its not like you have to preserve them as museums forever. You don't have to totally eradicate them either. For example, in Britain you get Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, and Normans all of whom built on elements of previous cultures while adding their own to the mix. Yet Shireroth seems to have some aversion to this happening.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Oh, hey, I'm not saying it's healthy or that I agree with it. Not one bit! But I've learned over time that it's just one of those things that they do around here, so if you don't like it you should be careful how much heart and soul you pour into something.

AryezturMejorkhor

That sounds about right.

Which is essentially why I left Shireroth and I don't think I can ever be a citizen again. There is a sort of unwelcoming atmosphere here, sorry.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

But everyone is welcome........

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:That sounds about right.

Which is essentially why I left Shireroth and I don't think I can ever be a citizen again. There is a sort of unwelcoming atmosphere here, sorry.
Unwelcoming? But if you secede land... then you're leaving... so... how should we welcome someone who's leaving? :D
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Jonas wrote:Unwelcoming? But if you secede land... then you're leaving... so... how should we welcome someone who's leaving? :D
He is referring to the atmosphere in this country before he left.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harald of Froyalan wrote:
Jonas wrote:Unwelcoming? But if you secede land... then you're leaving... so... how should we welcome someone who's leaving? :D
He is referring to the atmosphere in this country before he left.
Then he refers to tensions. Everyone has been welcome in Shireroth (except some like CJ in his first days, but in my eyes he has become a decent, loyal citizen of the Empire :thumbsup ).
:document

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Jonas wrote:Then he refers to tensions. Everyone has been welcome in Shireroth (except some like CJ in his first days, but in my eyes he has become a decent, loyal citizen of the Empire :thumbsup ).
:document
He is referring to the poisonous atmosphere in this country caused by the endless petty and rude bickering as well as the constant screwing and snubbing which caused so many to leave and which has caused problems for Shireroth, internally as well as externally.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

He is referring to the poisonous atmosphere in this country caused by the endless petty and rude bickering as well as the constant screwing and snubbing which caused so many to leave and which has caused problems for Shireroth, internally as well as externally.
And that is a good point, which is being dealt with as we speak.

Return to “County of Parvatvana”