The Ducal Palace of Goldshire

AryezturMejorkhor

The Ducal Palace of Goldshire

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

The Ducal Palace of Goldshire was built on the outskirts of Goldshire to serve as the seat of the Dukes of Goldshire. Not only built for the Duke, it was built to house nobles from throughout the Duchy and their staffs as well as scholars, priests, members of the Order of Vajra and the Great Rishi. Construction began under the reign of the Invigorating Duke and was completed under the reign of the Vivacious Duke. Both the grandeur the the nobility and harmony with nature were incorporated into the finished design. The construction of a new palace was necessitated by the reestablishment of the Duchy of Goldshire, which did not have a permanent palace befitting a Duke, as the old palaces had slowly rotted away. In ancient times, those who inhabited Goldshire dreamt of the sort of palace now constructed- magnificent, mystical, Eastern. It is the hope of the current Duke, who now dedicates this palace, that his forbearers in Goldshire will be proud of the seat of their heirs today. I hereby dedicate this palace as "Beautiful Dwelling."

The palace is divided into 3 major sections: Exterior Palace, Interior Palace, and the Great Lake.

Exterior Palace:

Steps up the Ramparts of the Exterior Palace:

Baths of the Exterior Palace:

Interior Palace and Grounds:

The Great Lake and Gardens:

Please submit all petitions and addresses to the Duke at this Palace. Thank You!
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Leo Fenrir

Re: The Ducal Palace of Goldshire

Post by Leo Fenrir »

My god.... That took 4 seconds longer then usual. I almost exploded from the wait.

A nice palace you have here your grace!
Leo Fenrir

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I'm just gonna stop clicking on Goldshire links.

Btw, nice rip-offs.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

AryezturMejorkhor

I did use a whole bunch of real palaces, but rearranged them accordingly with the design of the palace I had in mind. Hangzhou, Suzhou, Delhi, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Kyoto.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

India + Japan = Goldshire? Since when?

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

Erik Mortis wrote:India + Japan = Goldshire? Since when?
Since Goldshire = Aryez
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Maybe I'm just being angsty.. but it seems like this latest round of Duke changes may not have been for the best..

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Ya think? Duke should be a position you aspire to, not something you get two weeks after joining.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Well, I have no real issue with ho long this duke has been here, but just the way he's been bulldozing over the duchy with half-baked pictures and the like. Then there is Yardistan and Ryan renaming everything. Brookshire is working out okey... We had some fun stuff going... I haven't payed attention to Elwynn or Kildare much. And Straylight imploded into Yardistan. Maybe it's time I left Brookshire to aspire for Dukedom elsewhere.

Santelran Rottsaa

I could have had, like, my choice of 3 ducal thrones these past couple weeks if I really cared enough.

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm just really attached to my county.

Santelran Rottsaa

You coulda brought it with you to Yardistan if I had tried harder :D

AryezturMejorkhor

You people from Brookshire should refrain from criticizing the internal affairs of other Duchies. Unfortunately, those from Brookshire still seem to think that Goldshire is part of their fief.

And for your information, gentlemen, it was decided way back in 2003 that the palace would be oriental:

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4993

In that post, Eric Mortis himself said such a thing would be interesting. Santerlan Rotassa also fails to note that the Code of Goldshire, created by the Invigorating Duke (Yvain Wintersong) listed Oriental influences are primary to Goldshire, along with Celtic, Arthurian, and the like. Goldshire has a rich forest heritage and a tradition in line with nature. This resonates with Daoism and thus the palaces of East Asia (so the garden is mostly derived from CHINA not Japan). The Celts didn't have time to build grand nature loving palaces because they were conquered by the Romans.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

While we must respect and build from tradition and never depart from its core elements, we must not lie in slavish thrall to it. Different times dictate different policies.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It's the constant flow of images from Elsewhere that is bugging me. Naming languages that don't exist... stuff like that. It's one thing to say there is a fictional language that some fictional people speak. it's another to say.. RIGHT the official language is this one that doesn't exist and shall be called this... It just seems that you can make a flurry of ideas and concepts, but they are never filled in. You just take pictures from the real world, call them "Goldshire Palace" or Hamlet.. or whatnot. No clear maps of cities, no original work. I mean.. Rivendell? That's blatantly from a movie. And while I'm not innocent with stealing names and ideas from movies, books, games etc... I give them a little more thought and coherency.

If you used pictures and said.. this is kinda the look I want. But you say.. that it IS the thing. It's just kinda bugging me.

AryezturMejorkhor

You will be seeing greater coherency and originality.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Goodo. Don't misunderstand, I like that you are trying... just.. yeah.

Return to “County of Parvatvana”