K'Tzuni armed forces mobilise

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

K'Tzuni armed forces mobilise

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

'You, boy! What's your name!'
'Mollamuradov, my Baron'
Hadjimehmetov looked the young recruit point blank in the eye. Leering so close to his face he could sense the young lad's fear at being this close to his commanding officer, the Baron ordered him with a shrill cry to salute when answering a superior officer.
'Forget that next time and you-shall-be sent to Lywind for re-education, do I make myself crystal clear!'
'Sir, yes sir'. A salute further embellished by a click of the recruit's heels.
Hadjimehmetov took up his baton, adjusted his kepi, moved askance atop his head from his animated infuriated screaming at the unruly conscript, and climbed the stairs to the podium in the central square of Brookshire Hamlet. Despite the state funds running dangerously low due to the amount of money poured into military rebuilding, the streets of the Barony's capital were awash with flags, symbols, statues, and parades of all concievable kind- slogans in Laqi urged support for the Kaiser against the perfidious rebels of Kildare, and the faces of the two fathers of the Laqi county, the former count Wolvin and the current one Hadjimehmetov, glared down at the onlookers- more intimidating that the secret police but at least they didn't breathe down your neck before you were taken away.
Hadjimehmetov cleared his throat and tapped the microphone. Ushering his bodyguards aside to clear room for him, he began his speech.

'Citizens of K'Tzuni- as your Baron, I salute you for your support and undying loyalty to His Supreme Niftiness the Kaiser of Shireroth. For none is niftier than he!
The rebels of Kildare in their arrogance may think they have the upper hand, but they lack courage, might, and the giant crispy blessing of B'Caw and the Cedrist pantheon of Gods! From the noble warrior races of the Laqi and Crestfallers to the slightly less noble but nonetheless loyal Lywinders, the people of K'Tzuni will not stand by and allow their Kaiser to be ridiculed in such a perverse and depraved manner as Nick Foghorn and the partisans would have him be- comrades, I urge you all in a call to arms to fight these scoundrels wherever they are- as long as we have a gun and knife in our hands and are not polluted by the scourge of Kildaro-Foghornism, there is not a chance they shall prevail! For valour!'

A roar of applause shook the square, and the brass band started playing.
'Now' announced the Baron 'Let us celebrate our impending victory with the parade and fireworks- I want to hear the sound of jackboot upon tarmac!'
With these words, a vast portrait of His Niftiness was unveiled and the National Anthem Played. Overhead, helicopter gunships dropped mangoes in parachutes to the rejoicing Laqi people, who ate and enjoyed and knew that the word of Malarbor was spoken.
'Let us tear open the flesh of these mangoes as we would tear open the flesh of the rebels of Kildare!' boomed the propaganda ministry's loudspeakers, mounted on trucks so as to ensure better coverage of His Niftiness' message around the city.
This was K'Tzuni's call to arms.

Meanwhile in an unnamed bunker somewhere beneath Lywind's plains, General Lyhampton of Lywind's Armed Forces took his pack of Malarboro Lights and lit up. Inhaling the acrid fumes, the General relayed the movement plans for K'Tzuni's forces to all the other regional HQs of K'Tzuni Barony.

++ Lyhampton- this is Lyhampton, Over

Recieving you loud and clear as a Lywinder can be understood, Lyhampton. This is General Burmakhmudkhanov of Modan-Lach HQ, please relay doccuments through, over.

Very funny, you Laqi git! Look, here are the movements for your county's forces, I'll be sending the Shimmerspring and Crestfall Downs movements to them in a few minutes. We reconvene in Crestfallen at 17:00 hrs tomorrow afternoon. Over++

Summary:

Modan-lach forces: 7,500 men including Cossack divisions and heavy AA and SAM batteries defend Laqi coast. All land-based guns faced to sea and trained on any enemy transports. Beaches have been mined and all non-essential reserves of petrol, as well as highways and train carriages, have been reserved for the implementation of these troop movements.

Lywind forces: 2,000 men in mobile defence APCs patrol Laqi plains supported by approx 1,000 men from the Laqi Cossack Brigade should they be needed. An additional 1,000 men are allocated in jeeps and armoured cars for patrolling the steppes and mining strategic beaches.

Shimmerspring forces: 6,250 men including 200 elite troops are sent to defend Shirekeep.

Crestfall Downs forces: 1,250 men sent to fortify and barrage the River entrances at Musica leading to Shirekeep and to meet up with the Ynnrailean troops there, where Operation Eggnog will be carried out post haste (Check PM, Yvain ;))
Remaining Crestfall Downs troops are allocated in the following manner: 2,000 sent for home defence of Crestfall Downs and to patrol the middle reaches of the river valley leading from Musica to Shirekeep. Remaining 1,750 troops allocated to the 250 helicopter gunships at K'Tzuni's disposal for seek and destoy missions of any rebel vessels in the Shire Sea.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Re: K'Tzuni armed forces mobilise

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

[OOC]

Kildaro-Foghornism... I like it...

I take it you'll be assaulting the Keep, then? Well, just post in "Sightseeing" for that and I'll be sure to throughly trounce you.

Speaking of Shirekeep, Ardy, are you planning on joining me anytime soon? Because it's lonely down here...

[/OOC]
Count of Norfolk

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Assaulting the keep? My dear Count, I'm sending my troops to aid its defence!
That is... if the Kaiser hasn't changed sides again as the posts in 'Sightseeing' seem to be implying...

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

[OOC] Well, since the Naval Infantry is already in control of it and the Kaiser has fled, I assumed that you would be assaulting it. [/OOC]
Count of Norfolk

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

:surprise :surprise :surprise :surprise :surprise :surprise :surprise

In that case, you're right. We shall assault the City.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

[OOC] Oh bugger, I should have let you keep your delusional ideas. [/OOC]
Count of Norfolk

benkern

Post by benkern »

ooc:

I believe it was Napoleon Bonaparte who said "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." :D
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

That's a great quote.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Little did they know that, care of the Khan, a little bit of festive cheer was speeding its way on down from the upper atmosphere.

It was sure to warm the hearts of all whom it touched.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Quite. Check my PM.
Eriksburg- never did like the name- has been wrecked by your atmosphere-delivered treat, and there are some forest fires in Upper Lach, too.
Thanks, anyway- at least now I can rename Eriksburg into something more Mongol sounding. Erigbataar or Ulan-Erig, maybe? ;)

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Heh... Red Erik does sound a bit... err... Antillean? :P

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Perhaps. But it certainly sounds like His Niftiness will be blood red if the plans in 'Sightseeing' go the way some people intend :(

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

But I thought no one knew where His Niftiness has disappeared to. He could have found the ideal hiding place.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

I could pretend to know where he was. But dammit, I don't. Anyway, as one of the most loyalist royalists here in Shireroth as my conduct in this war has shown, I have the moral high ground! Bwahahaa!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Your... flooding the national capital... just pray his Niftiness isn't hiding in a basement in the docklands area.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Oh no! Then I guess I'll just have to claim the Regency of Shireroth?
Or... Kaiser Maksym I has a nice ring to it, no? The line of Hadjimehmetov?
Either that or I could just PM His Niftiness and make sure he's safe. And get a medal for loyalty.
Loyalty or Treachery? And honour either way? Difficult choice, I suppose.
I have but one message for the citizens of Shireroth- make sure to take out your bath plugs ;)

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

:knife Great then we get to be loyalists and you become the rebel. Wonderful plan keep at it old boy.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Delicious.
We agree to agree about whom we disagree with.
Nice to do business with you, Royalist fiend! ;)

Return to “Barony of K'Tzuni”