Decree: Abolishment of the Counties

Arviður

Decree: Abolishment of the Counties

Post by Arviður »

Steward's Decree of 3737
3737:s lagur staðhaldarins

Sajnbajna!

Whereas the counties of K'Tzuni serve little administrative purpose, being all without officers of state to govern them, it is hereby decided and decreed, that the counties of Jugenskaja, Lywind, Modan-Lach, Shimmerspring and Ž be abolished and replaced with urban communities. All government in the Barony is governed centrally from Brookshire Hamlet until such time that utban communities can be established and their government enforced.

Þá Kyzúnis greivademin eru lítlum valtningasyfti – alla deim eru útan ríkisstyrandinu – eri þeð hermeð naglað o lagfastað að Júgenskaja, Lývinds, Módan-Lachs, Skimbrusprángs o Ezjar greivademi varða sfinnast o i deira steð setta borjarlag. All styrni i Kyzúna tíma i miðja till þess að borjarlag kunna byggjast o með styrni gera lag.

With my hand the law is made.
Með handinum minum ristast lagun.

Nogiv selaam!

ARVIÐUR ANDELÁRJUNARBRÓÐIR
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Re: Decree: Abolishment of the Counties

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

No, no, no, and no.
Have you any idea how much work I spent developing those counties, their culture, and their distinctness from their non K'Tzuni neighbours?
I may not be a citizen here anymore but I think it's fair for me to say that the cultural work I developed for some of those counties was done in the explicit knowledge that they'd still be applicable and useful for future generations.

I also believe I am fully within my rights as the artist of works of literature and cartographia developed specifically for those counties to officially demand their removal from ShireWiki, now that the counties and settlements they were developed for no longer exist.
I appreciate that as the new Duke of Brookshire you want to make a clean slate and make your mark on this Duchy, yet that doesn't entitle you to effectively render someone else's hard work superfluous.

I was seriously considering coming back as Baron of K'Tzuni but seeing as this will render my cultural works pointless, I don't see any reason or incentive to anymore. Have fun with whatever you want Modan-Lach to be.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

If it gets Max back - this decree is rendered null and void.

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

Max,

Ric is "Steward of K'Tzuni", and asked for such a position to respect your position as Baron of K'Tzuni and all the cultural work you've done here. You are free to return and repeal this decree yourself.

Also, I believe the purpose of this decree was to abolish the lesser governments of the barony, not to destroy the counties as a whole and create a clean slate...
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Max,

Of course I understand! You just don't see what's going on here. I was planning to ask you for help onm the Laqi language, as well as I do this.

This is an administrative project, not a cultural genocide. The thing is that I was hoping that the establishment of urban communities would reinvigorate the cultural identity of K'Tzuni. So stop prophesying about the doom when you don't know my intentions! Please? Come to MSN tonight, and we'll have a chat.

Please understand that this was administrative, the villages are still there, the Laqi people. I refused to be barton because of the Khaanness of the barons of this land. But I am here as its ruler.

I know how things can be when other people move in to the place you've developed. For years I fought the worlds in developing ELwynn from a small county. Today it's much different from what it was once, but I am pleased anyway. EVen if it has the dastardly spiders and evil Ardashirians trying to blow up Yardistan :)

I am not happy with all that has happened in Elwynn, but I still feel it's mine. But the point is, everything evolves. If I can't leave my mark on K'Tzuni, how can I then be here?

For the ideas I wanted to talk to you on MSN about was to create a consise map of the barony of K'Tzuni, with Laqi and Lywind names of villages and cities that the urban communities would be centred about.
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Grand, grand. It's mainly the abolishment of Modan-Lach and Ž I have a problem with- there are already a fair few cultural developments for those counties, the status of them as counties being centrally relevant to the works in question.
I don't believe I have your MSN?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Why are you abolishing the counties?

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

In solidarity with K'Tzuni, I dressed up as a K'Tzunian for Halloween.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Badkitties

Post by Badkitties »

What the fucking magickal meow.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

errr....

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Maksym Hadjimehmetov wrote:Grand, grand. It's mainly the abolishment of Modan-Lach and Ž I have a problem with- there are already a fair few cultural developments for those counties, the status of them as counties being centrally relevant to the works in question.
I don't believe I have your MSN?
Yes, sir, I understand. If you're really adamant about this, I'll just do an Ayreon and repeal this. I regret that you took offence of these actions, but I assure you once more, just as I assure Erik, and everyone else, that this was a plan to revitalize the barony, replace the administrative counties with urban communities, and bring new blood to the barony.

I would like to draw a parallel to Sweden. For many centuries now the traditional provinces (landskap) have had no administrative function at all, yet people's cultural identity are deeply rooted with their provinces. The administrative counties of Sweden, still a few hundred years old, are of little part of people's identities. Even so, they, being several hundred years old, might get replaced soon with so-called regions.

Lapland, for example, is a province, but it has no administrative function. It is a cultural region.

I live in the county of Kronoberg, but also in the province of Småland. It is the Småland identity that people here have, not a Kronobergian.

To create smaller urban communities, it would be easier to develop the smaller identities as well.
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yes, and with the Swedish analogy, the borders can stay, but the administrative subdivisions are abolished. I mean, the Swedish provincial borders are pretty well delineated (and with pretty well I mean extremely well).
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Yes, but cultural regions of Shireroth only remain in common Shirereithan tradition and custom if people exercise any enthusiasm for commemorating and keeping them in the national psyche.
For the entire duration of the time I was Baron of K'Tzuni, very few people took interest in the works I was doing here- without K'Tzuni and Modan-Lach firmly entrenched as political subdivisions within Shireroth, the culture I developed will die with nobody here to nurture it.

My point is that K'Tzuni and the Laqi culture are fudamentally linked. Destroy one and you destroy the other.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

So you mean that you feel that your work was somewhat unappreciated? Welcome to the club, Max! That's the micronational dilemma.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

The trick is to make a computer game. It takes at least a hundred more hours, but then at least you'll build up a core of hardcore fans who systematically force you to finish it over the next five years.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Barony of K'Tzuni”