Resources About Vervollkommnung

W.Payne

Resources About Vervollkommnung

Post by W.Payne »

Elder Kildarians,

I was wondering where I might find some resources and information about Vervollkommnung so that I may better understand my new county. Is there maybe some histories about it or some mentions of it in other classical places?

William Payne
Count of Vervollkommnung
William Arthur Atobonovno Payne
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

King-Count of Hawshire-Dura
Proud Member of the Noble Family of Atobonovno!
Ngolo veoli uroo Leopeop, Edounit ndoa eofr!
Mr. Kildare December 2009

Jonas

Re: Resources About Vervollkommnung

Post by Jonas »

Yes, there is Vervollkommnung has been a county within Kildare for a very long time and has seen many dukes, barons and counts coming by and go. I will deliver you some information when I have the time (but too much school work on the moment).

Let say that there are a lot of forests in your county. Try to avoid the ents (the living trees) as much as possible. Many have fought in the Kildarian Time War, a year ago (so, almost 400 ASC years ago, but trees live longer). The terrible losses in battle have traumatised many of them. The local population is looking for a leader who can restore order. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

You have coal!

Cross reference it with this map to find your location.

If you want to stretch it, you technically have a small amount of natural gas, wine, timber, and cash crops too.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Vervollkommnung was used as a place to dump various magical creatures when, due to changes in charter, the Novatainian Academy was forced to downsize their force. At one point a german businessman was going to use that feature to create some sort of adventure activity, but I don't know if he ever got around to it.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

Jonas wrote:Yes, there is Vervollkommnung has been a county within Kildare for a very long time and has seen many dukes, barons and counts coming by and go. I will deliver you some information when I have the time (but too much school work on the moment).

Let say that there are a lot of forests in your county. Try to avoid the ents (the living trees) as much as possible. Many have fought in the Kildarian Time War, a year ago (so, almost 400 ASC years ago, but trees live longer). The terrible losses in battle have traumatised many of them. The local population is looking for a leader who can restore order. :)
This is very good to know. I assume the ents will not interfere with the day to day lives of the Vervollkommnungens?
I also assume that the other magical creatures do not mess with the Vervollkommnungens? Or is there some kind of magic that protects humans as long as the leave the creatures be?
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The magic creatures don't have any rights (nor does the peasants have them :p ). They live in the forests and normally don't meet many humans.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

The citizens of Vervoll have no rights? :knife
This can not be.
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Thats up to you actually. As Count you chose what rights are accorded and to which people. (Within your county of course.)
Leo Fenrir

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Erm... Mr. Payne, I know your new, but the 'rights' issue here is a word that makes people reach for their guns, so to speak. Just warning you. :no :D We've had civil wars for less.

Actually, Leo is right. Officially, no one has rights unless a duke/baron/count gives it to them, but they can be taken away at a moments notice. We are a fuedal nation, for sure.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Gman Russell wrote:We've had civil wars for less.
To be added to List to things to do:
•Have a civil war over the last lamb chop and then employ the lackluster tactic of overkill and blast the damn bastard who though he could stand between me and my stomach (figuratively of course, seeing as if that were actually literal I would have other problems [probably compliments of the Khan]) from space with a giant space cannon.
Leo Fenrir

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Leo Dine wrote:
Gman Russell wrote:We've had civil wars for less.
To be added to List to things to do:
•Have a civil war over the last lamb chop and then employ the lackluster tactic of overkill and blast the damn bastard who though he could stand between me and my stomach (figuratively of course, seeing as if that were actually literal I would have other problems [probably compliments of the Khan]) from space with a giant space cannon.
While I decode the meaning of this, let me just say that - yes I probably would just shoot you. ;)

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

Gman Russell wrote:Erm... Mr. Payne, I know your new, but the 'rights' issue here is a word that makes people reach for their guns, so to speak. Just warning you. :no :D We've had civil wars for less.

Actually, Leo is right. Officially, no one has rights unless a duke/baron/count gives it to them, but they can be taken away at a moments notice. We are a fuedal nation, for sure.
So could I give the citizens a few basic rights without starting a civil war?
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

As long as my lamb chops remain untouched you'll get no complaints from me. Or the rest of Elwynn for that matter. *glares at Ardy*
Leo Fenrir

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Yeah sure, knock yourself out. Only your baron and duke ( and Kaiser, but he rarely interferes in Duchal matters) can say otherwise. Since your duke and baron are currently MIA, you can pretty much do as you please. Have fun.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I distinctly recall there being a Shirithian bill of rights. It said something to the effect of you have a right to follow the law, to obey the Kaiser, and... that sort of stuff. Can't seem to recall it that well anymore.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Oh, the place had a proper bill of rights before the rise of the Kaisers, but that was a long time ago and probably not what you're referring to.

Back in like 2003 or so, when I actually spent time in Shireroth rather than the occasional comment such as this, I tried to introduce a nation-wide bill of rights. In retrospect some of them perhaps were the wrong rights for Shireroth, but it never got to the discussion stage: I was told by the Kaiser (Erik at the time, I think) that such a thing had no place in Shireroth in any form under any conditions.

I'm not sure why everyone is so thrilled to death here about their complete lack of rights, but this place definitely has stranger traditions.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I'm not sure why everyone is so thrilled to death here about their complete lack of rights, but this place definitely has stranger traditions.
I think it's a bit of our attempt to be different from the eight thousand America-clone and Britain-clone micronations out there. Start having a bill of rights, and next people will be agitating for elections, a bicameral legislature, and a Presidency. Not having a bill of rights is our way of saying we don't play that game, and that Shireroth uses a different strategy (community, mutual loyalty) to ensure that everyone gets along, rather than the strategy that all the Inoffensive Centrist Democracies use (rights, balance of power, etc)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Damn right!

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Eh, I'm not buyin' the whole "rebel for the cause" thing. Shireroth plays by too many of the other rules for it to fly. Citizenship requirements and censuses and ministries and subdivisions of territory and law codes and a monarch and a voting system where most but not all citizens can vote are all well-trodden grounds in micronations. Shireroth does many, if not most, of those things well, but the fact that you lack a document that says you have to treat people fairly doesn't exactly mean you're breaking away from the crowd.

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

It seems I've started a bit of an argument :( .

At least I'm learning more about Shireroth from it.
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

W.Payne wrote:It seems I've started a bit of an argument :( .

At least I'm learning more about Shireroth from it.
Don't worry, Lord Payne. We love arguments. You're doing a good job. :)

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Jonas wrote: We love arguments.
Understatement.

We thrive on them.
Leo Fenrir

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

At least we're not as bad as some people on the MCS boards... ;)

Käthbad jënRöijanin

Post by Käthbad jënRöijanin »

*cough*spangle*cough*
"He who dies with the most toys, is nonetheless, still dead."

Return to “County of Vervollkommnung”