Communist state

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Communist state

Post by Jonas »

The economic system gives the Barons, in theory, power to undermine the vote and power from the Duke. A simple sollution: I could make Kildare communist and forbid using money to undermine my, or my successors their, position.

What do I love the system. It's like democracy, the people think they have more power but in practice they haven't. :p :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Hesam Jayatar

Re: Communist state

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Or you could simply tax the hell out of your barons to ensure their influence is negated...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Or I could simply tax my Barons! :demon
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Where do you come up with these great ideas Jonas? ;)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's a talent of me. You have it, or you haven't. :angel

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Probably from a sick and twisted mind. :whip
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

BTW Mike, with the new economy, you can now establish your litigation rates... :evil

(How's that for a twisted evil mind) ;)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

You could have worked with the economy, even without the Landsraad using the system.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

How do you mean?

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I'm having trouble discerning what of this thread is truth and what is kidding, but in response to the last post: there's no point, hahah. People like having titles of nobility because it gives them authority over stuff and, in the case of Dukes, the power to make a difference in the nation's law. The money does nothing. In Shireroth, you can do most anything for free; do it yourself, then write a story about how it was created, and by whom, how long it took etc. However, giving the money a meaning through the legislature is a fantastic idea. When Hesam first mentioned this idea - back when he returned to the hobby a while ago - I was quite amazed, because finally this was actually an idea that could make economies actually mean something.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's all truth and possible! Only I'm too lazy to do one of these things.
First I want some other things arranged. Like taking Gong Li from Andreas. :document

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Thank you for your appreciation Benkern. I'd like to say that this was the result of 5 years of effort to develop a working economy.

And yes, some of it is not a joke. Jonas COULD tax his barons, the motivations to do so are unimportant but could consist of: Increasing personal wealth, maintaining control of the vote, aiming to "Purchase" something.

The last point is the most important. It's the focus of my next project. Because if the economy does in fact work, it does not necessarily mean we have created a consumer system. The next phase is going to be figuring out a way to produce goods and services which are worth purchasing.

The idea that Mike COULD charge for his legal services was one idea I was toying with. Another idea is that Duchies would have to purchase their militaries. These are just ideas, something to think about I suppose.

Prodigy Almighty

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

Hesam Jayatar wrote:Another idea is that Duchies would have to purchase their militaries.
That actually sounds similar to the War-Based economy used in some of Gralus (Toketi, Chelkran Kesh, and I think Nova is picking it up). Your money is points - the points used to build an army. Except I think the way you're thinking is that they would use erb to buy them...
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

That's a most interesting idea. Perhaps the Dukes would pay a fee to support their troops which would then be placed in a virtual holding account - "The people of Shireroth" - before trickling back into the House account through virtual taxation? This fee could be regained by reimbursement by the MoMA/Government during times of war or civil war.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

In Soviet Kildare, Baron taxes Duke!

Sorry couldn't resist...

*gets coat*
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Pay me 5 erb and I won't ruin this thread.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Don't have any erbs. go ahead, ruin it! :)

Return to “County of Blackrock”