Blackrock

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Blackrock

Post by Jonas »

The capital of Blackrock, Blackrock Nua, will be renamed in St.-Kildare (Saint-Kildare).
The city St.-Kildare will become also capital of our great and mighty Duchy of Kildare.

The Duke,
Jonas Windsor
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

benkern

Re: Blackrock

Post by benkern »

*is displeased but appreciates the wisdom of the Duke and respects the internal affairs of another Duchy*

:tomcutterhamonfire
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

benkern wrote:*is displeased but appreciates the wisdom of the Duke and respects the internal affairs of another Duchy*

:tomcutterhamonfire
What's the problem, Benkern? :confused
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

benkern

Post by benkern »

Just its Blackrock... I don't see what Saint Kildare has to do with Blackrock, other than being the name of its Duchy.
By His H47,
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

The name Blackrock Nua has historical significance... it was the name that Blackrock participated in the UAS under. Still... the memory will not be forgotten despite one (quite appropriate) name change...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

benkern wrote:Just its Blackrock... I don't see what Saint Kildare has to do with Blackrock, other than being the name of its Duchy.
What?! Do you mean you want to recall it back to it's old name? :angry
You, a peassant (sorry ;) ), are arguing with me, a mighty and noble Duke, about a name?!

Hhmm... maybe your right... I will call my advisors (Barons).

EDIT:
The name Blackrock Nua has historical significance... it was the name that Blackrock participated in the UAS under. Still... the memory will not be forgotten despite one (quite appropriate) name change...
Ow, that's changing the case! I rename it in Blackrock Nua (the old name). But it stays the capital of our Duchy :evil

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Many pardons, My Lord Duke, but Ari is Duke of Straylight, and not some peasant.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I think it was benkern he was calling a peasant, not me... though I wouldn't mind being called a peasant here, really, I don't really have any power over Kildare other than through my vote in the Landsraad...

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I read it as Benkern too ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Andreas the Wise wrote:I read it as Benkern too ...
Me too...

Ow yes :fish

benkern

Post by benkern »

I am got the peasant! :)
By His H47,

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Hopefully you already noticed, but in the interest of historical accuracy: What I said about Blackrock Nua here wasn't really very... well... OK, it did have some kind of relation to the actual events, but not exactly a strong one. See the work Scott did on the ShireWiki article on Blackrock for a better treatment...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:Hopefully you already noticed, but in the interest of historical accuracy: What I said about Blackrock Nua here wasn't really very... well... OK, it did have some kind of relation to the actual events, but not exactly a strong one. See the work Scott did on the ShireWiki article on Blackrock for a better treatment...
He has destroyed the article... it was so empy... but now... :demon
Thanks to Scott! :)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I seem to have misread the previous post, and have since become assured that Benkern was, indeed, the person referenced. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

hypatias mom wrote:I seem to have misread the previous post, and have since become assured that Benkern was, indeed, the person referenced. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
I forgive you, My Baroness. :)

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Personally.. I kinda liked the old name better... But that's just me...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It was recalled Blackrock Nua, after some minutes :thumbsup

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Am I happy I didn't changed the name! Saint-Kildare doesn't sound very good for a ducal capital :thumbsup

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Blackrock Nua isn't fantastic either. :p

No, it is quite nice. Considering this is Antya anyway.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Saint-Kildare doesn't sound very good for a ducal capital
Maybe St. Zorba?

Obscure cultural reference.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “County of Blackrock”