Okay, Eoin...

An area for nobles to form feudal alliances
Scott of Hyperborea

Okay, Eoin...

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Some sort of northern island Barony or even Duchy. I'm interested. Sager's got Comstokia, and he's interested. Are you interested? Is Victoria interested?

AngelGuardian93

Re: Okay, Eoin...

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I applaude your initiative. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yes, Victoria was interested. I'll badger her about signing anything you draw up...she'll probably need a new login too, hmmm...I've got Volsung, and she's got Cimmeria. Yes, we're interested. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoinZirandorthel to the ages

jdsager

Post by jdsager »

Yes I'm interested as Scott said.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I suggest "Barony (or Duchy) of the Northern Lights" as a name. 'Cos it sounds nifty.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

That makes me think of that show "Northern Exposure", and I didnt like that show. NO! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Why not Hyperborea. Holy Warrior of NeeCommanding General of the Y.A.C.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Cos maybe some of us want to try something new. And anyway, naming it all "Hyperborea" suggests a dominant imperialist streak which really isn't there in the Hyperborean psyche..well I never thought so anyway.

TonerMan

Post by TonerMan »

Well. it should be! Holy Warrior of NeeCommanding General of the Y.A.C.

Sir Iain de Vembria

Post by Sir Iain de Vembria »

Of course it should be. In any case, assuming your barony goes ahead, whatever name you choose for it, you will have an open invitation to join your nifty neighbourhood Duchy of Elwynn. Chancellor of the Sovereign Order of Treesia

jdsager

Post by jdsager »

I don't care what the name is really. As long as we are able to form the barony.

Hypatia Agnesi

Re: reply

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

You will also have an open invitation to join the Duchy of Kildare. Right now it's Bill, Rarkasha, myself, and my mom in absence. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Scott of Hyperborea

Eoin, if you can tell me whether Vic is interested or not, to what degree you want to be a Baron or a Duke, to what degree she wants to be a (ruling) Baroness or Duchess, whether you want to be in a Barony with her, me, or John, and other such stuff, then I can draw up a contract. Our Comstokian friend is getting understandably impatient.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Personally, I'd suggest Barony. We have a lot of duchies as it is, and having a full blown forum is... eh. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well I mean, does either of you guys want to be the ruling Duke?I think we should go for two Baronies, and then join them into a Duchy. That's the easy way to do it with four Counties. I could be Baron of one, and you or JDS of the other. Then we can make a Duchy of the Northern Islands, or whatever we want to call it.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Why don't you have one duke, the other two barons, and then your girlfriend as some kind of honorary person.That way everybody gets Landsraad access. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well because the way I understood it when I wrote the rules was that one of the Barons would have to become the Duke. The Duke receives the votes from subservient Barons and their Baronies, but not from zir own Barony.

Scott of Hyperborea

I would agree to that. Since I don't have much desire to be political right now and Victoria's probably not versed enough in Shirerithian affairs, you and John can be Barons, and can discuss among yourselves who's going to be Duke.I suppose you'd want (John, Scott)&(Eoin, Victoria) then, rather than (John, Victoria)&(Eoin, Scott)?

jdsager

yes

Post by jdsager »

yes that sounds good. Eoin can be Duke. I don't care on names either for them.

Funky Wombat

Re: yes

Post by Funky Wombat »

Unfortunately, my lords, I have finally decided to acknowledge the fact that Victoria cannot give a gypsy's curse about micronationalism, and that she doesn't necessarily have to share all my interests. My cunning argument that it would please Scott seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Ah well....Anyway, my persuasion powers having been exhausted, it's time to forge ahead with what we can arrange. Contract forthcoming... Eoinsy

jdsager

Post by jdsager »

There must be one other person somewhere.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Why don't you create a barony now, and expand to duchy status once you get another county to join?

Scott of Hyperborea

What about Sir Steven? He said he might join, and we could get a nice Irishy place going (except Sager, but still)

jdsager

scott

Post by jdsager »

Do you guys just want to form a barony then for now?

Sir Ophiuchus

Re: scott

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

Did someone call?

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
- Oscar Wilde

Return to “Noble Commons”