War in Wintergleam

Leo Fenrir

War in Wintergleam

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Near, lead informant to the Baron, stepped before the sheep throne in Echo and bowed.

"Near, you know that I despise such formalities, especially from my own people."
"Forgive me Lord, it is simply part of my nature. But unfortunately I can not indulge in friendly banter today. I bring the gravest of news." At this, the Baron sat forwards in his throne.
"Please do not stay your tongue then."
"War Lord. War has broken out in Northern Wintergleam between the cities Treya and Prauge. So far no reports on casualties of the first skirmish have returned, but I do not think this will be a quiet fight."
It took a few moments for the news to settle in the Baron's mind. When he next spoke it was with a pained expression.
"How could this have happened? What provoked this madness?"
"My Lord two of the most powerful families in Wintergleam are backing the opposing sides. It is of my opinion that this is a way to settle some family feud between the two. Though why now, only the Great Sheep knows."
"Near. Bring me Troy Avalon. I can't allow there to be fighting in my county. He will lead a preliminary reconnaissance into Prauge. Also I need you to call together the troops. If they wish to have war let them taste True war. Maybe then they wont be so eager to fight."
Leo Fenrir

Allot

Re: War in Wintergleam

Post by Allot »

Prague? TO CZECHOSLOVAKIA!

----

Albert laid the daily sheet of paper that summarized all the interesting things (according to Albert) that were happening in Elwynn in front of the Duke. Talking to himself as usual, the Duke skimmed the sheet.

"Sheep temple, yada yada yada...Ohl'Tar... mmmm...What?!"
"The Wintergleam story, my lord?"
"Unacceptable. What could they possibly be fighting about? I will not have bloodshed in this Duchy!" The Duke stormed to the window and faced the horizon, towards Wintergleam.

Albert was silent.

"There is something you wish to say, Albert?" said the Duke, with his back still to the manservant.
"With all due respect, my lord...the rebellion was technically a war..."
The Duke whirled around to glare at Albert.
"No one died. I - stop it! The two cannot be compared."

Albert said nothing. After a long moment, the Duke sighed.

"Send a message to Leo. Prevent violence as much as possible. I would rather not see this escalate."
"As you wish, my lord."

Albert turned to leave.

"Oh, and Albert..."
"Yes, my lord?"
"We may need to expand this to two sheets of paper per day."
"Of course, my lord." Albert bowed out, and left.

"We shall see where this goes..."
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

As I now appear to be Brigadier-General of the Elwynnbrigaden, and as such enjoy some measure of responsibility for the security of the Ducal Realm, might I enquire as to the current situation and the approximate cause of this outbreak of localised disorder (above and beyond the usual havoc and mayhem which might be considered routine)?

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Thank you Lord Baron for your concern. Unfortunately as of now all I know is that there is war (apparently between two rich families) but not much beyond that. I do wish to refrain from as much military force as possible for now and until I have further assessed the situation as I do not want to risk civil war. I have sent Troy Avalon North to gain as much knowledge as possible before we make a move and hope to hear from him soon.

However please know that as soon as I know it is safe to move I will ask the assistance of the Elwynnbrigaden in enforcing the law in Wintergleam.
Leo Fenrir

Return to “County of Wintergleam + Wolfraven”