Notice: Security Sweep

Aurangzeb Khan

Notice: Security Sweep

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

To the Seneschal of the County of Goldendown or whomsoever exercises authority in lieu of the Count of Goldendown greetings,

It is my duty to inform you that in accordance with Local Order 01 issued today by General Headquarters it is necessary for the Goruhân Isulus to conduct a security sweep along the 'Blue Line'as far as Kingsgate in the County of Goldendown.

To that end at 0300hrs hours t the Goruhân Isulus began to cross the Elwynn in strength. It is estimated that the force will take forty-eight hours to complete its mission thereafter it shall rest and await further orders.

This measure is purely defensive and intended to ensure the safety and wellbeing of persons attending the parley at Avakair. Specifically it is to ensure that they are not inconvenienced by additional dangers during the journey such as IEDs or obstacles accidentally placed upon the line.

The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote:Local Order 01
7 Dey 1386

TO: EAST ELWYNN FRONT HEADQUARTERS

1. Rustayisarbazi Goruhân Isulus shall cross the railway bridge over the East Elwynn at Islus into the County of Holwinn and thereafter follow the railway lines north to Kingsgate.

2. Rustayisarbazi Goruhân Isulus shall sweep the entire length of track and thereby determine that the line is clear of obstructions, ambushes or improvised explosive devices.

3. This objective being achieved the Rustayisarbazi Goruhân Isulus shall make camp at Kingsgate and enjoy there the famed hospitality of the natives and conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate to the warmth of the reception they shall receive.

4. And there await further orders.
The Khan of Vijayanagara wrote:Image

Major lines:

Yellow line:
Caligae - Glenfiddich - Eliria - Diarsanta - Avakair

Blue line:
Caligae - Vijayanagra - Eliria - Kingsgate - Islus - Shirekeep

Pink line:
Vijayanagra - Tephal - Avakair - Syrelwynn - Goldshire Hamlet - Aurum - Wendor

Yvain Wintersong

Re: Notice: Security Sweep

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

I commend your thoroughness, however, although I do not distrust you per se, it is slightly awkward to have the troops of a hostile Duchy entering our lands.

After consultation with the Moebius Table, I have decided to allow the security sweep to proceed, under the following conditions:
Your men will be shadowed by the Goldendown Battalion under the leadership of Sir Glyniwy the Foresighted. They are under orders not to interfere with your activities, but to make sure your men confine themselves to inspecting the railroad track and the areas immediately around.

Your troops are given free rein to march and manuever within two kilometers either side of the railroad track, as well as the entire city of Kingsgate. Straying outside this area will be considered an invasion of Ynnraili territory.

Your troops may not cause any harm, physical or financial, to any Ynnraili citizens within this two kilometer radius. If it is necessary for security purposes for you to dismantle or disturb the property of any Ynnraili citizen, I expect you to pay full compensation.

Your troops may not disturb or destroy the railroad. If your security activities result in the railroad being rendered unusable, I expect the County of Lesser Zjandaria to help pay for its reconstruction.

Yourself, Count Andelarion, and your highest-ranking commanders will be hosted free of charge in Kingsgate's most luxurious hotel. We have set aside an area a few kilometers outside the city limits for your troops to make camp. Both you and your troops are free to explore the entire city of Kingsgate, but any large-scale troop movement outside the city limits will be considered an invasion. The citizens of Kingsgate have been asked to treat you with due respect, and the forces of Sir Glyniwy will remain near the city to keep order.

Return to “County of Goldendown”