The Caravan arrives at Demonsfall

Aurangzeb Khan

The Caravan arrives at Demonsfall

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

The pair of weary travellers, al-Majeed Rasfanjani and Nouri al-Hubakki, relieved to finally be at the end of their long trek out of strife-ridden and anarchic Elwynn. Their convoy of one-hundred and twenty gaudily decorated trucks came to a halt along the badly maintained narrow road leading up to the tumbledown guard-post which barred entry into the town of Demonsfall.

Gingerly a guard armed with an antiquated musket stepped out from his post, where he had just been brewing his first cup of tea for the morning and was damn sight inconvenienced by the arrival of this innumerable caravan. He was not in the best frame of mind when Nouri al-Hubakki stepped down from the drivers cabin of the lead vehicle to greet him.

"What the bloody hell do you lot want?"

"Noble sahib, peace be upon you. Myself and agha Rasfanjani my esteemed colleague wish to trade in accordance with this note which I have been supplied by my sponsors the esteemed Trade Development Authority of Elwynn."

With that al-Hubakki stuffed a crumpled up piece of paper into the guards hand.
To expand export base and create linkage with other baronies in the region, especially with Ynnraile, the Trade Development Authority of Elwynn has organising a Trade Caravan from Elwynn to display Elwynnese products of interest in selected cities en-route in 3720-3723 ASC.
This was discussed in meeting based on MoU signed by the Khan of Vijayanagara, Chief Executive, TDAE and Daniel Dravot, CEO of Competitive Support Fund CSF. The major display of Elwynnese mangoes will be held in Avakir, Asantelian, which will be linked with Export Trade Caravan for major display of other potential products from Elwynn in Avakir.
Seminars, workshops will be held at Ardashirshahr, Glenfiddich and Eliria to create awareness to develop export potential to formerly-Elwynnese baronies. Awareness programme will be undertaken in Ynnraile to promote Elwynnese produce.
To facilitate and promote this objective, TDAE will also establish an office in Islus and request the Council of Eliria provide funding to start flights to major cities in Ynnraile.
"Heh, that's all well and good, but your trucks seem to have come with a lot of guards."

"Oh yes, well you know security can never be taken for granted these days."

"Quite. This is still quite irregular though. I can't just let you all in, under arms and without paying your dues. Moreover there wouldn't be space in the hotels and inns to house you and your associates "

"Oh, but that is no problem sahib, the men sleep with the trucks at all times."

"But there is nowhere big enough to park that many trucks!"

"But you have public square or plaza at heart of your city yes?"

"Well, yes but I can't just let you park there - it would need the mayor's approval."

"50 erb and we ask the Mayor when he wakes up."

"What? You trying to bribe me?"

"Oh dear me no. This not bribe, this administrative fee."

"Look, this isn't your side of the river, you can't just pay people off."

"100 erb."

"Eh, were you not listening. You can't bribe me."

"Not bribe. Customs tariff."

"Whatever. Look you just can't..."

"200 erb. Preferential Business Rate, Sahib."

"Pass friend. Your paperwork is in order."

"May Zurvan, master of us all, smile upon you always for this act of wisdom, effendi."

Gman Russell

Re: The Caravan arrives at Demonsfall

Post by Gman Russell »

:D
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Erik Mortis

Re: The Caravan arrives at Demonsfall

Post by Erik Mortis »

As the caravan passed, the guard's partner walked up behind him and looked at the money in his friend's hand.

"You know that's really illegal and rather dangerous right? I ought to report you. "

"Fear not my friend, in about 3 minutes you'll get on the radio and notify the local Naristor of this."

The guard went into the post and got out a plastic bag and put the money into it. Marked the time, date and signed. He then placed the evidence into a strong box used for keeping documents and legitimate customs fees.

"When will they learn. Brides cost more to accept then they are worth here. "

Return to “County of Holwinn”