Dead Accounts

Handles economics and bountying.

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Andreas the Wise

Dead Accounts

Post by Andreas the Wise »

The accounts below have been declared dead/non-Shirithian, and had their funds revoked. If they return as citizens and remain active for at least two weeks, they may request here and 75% of their funds shall be returned to them. They may also petition the Kaiser for the full 100% of funds, though any grant in that regard is at the Kaiser's pleasure.
Lectriece 2287.01
Noemi_Vassiliais 2305.44
Sebastien 2290.33
Vesennas 2310.99
Wil Nider 4321.47
Aryeztur 1000.00
Austi 300.00
Bill3000 2687.82
drspangle 350.00
foghorn 2047.12
Gareth Arthur 708.00
Hesam Jayatar 200.00
Kingsbury House 600.00
Krasniy Yastreb 4216.45
Maksym 3491.00
Oze House 719.65
vasroe 3685.00 - claimed 2763.75 (75%)
WPayne 2961.00
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Daniel Farewell

Re: Dead Accounts

Post by Daniel Farewell »

I contest these claims.

Many of the individuals may not be active in Shireroth, but are active in other parts of SC and the micronationry at large.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

:yay: Ric, :yay:

Andreas the Wise

Lord Arbiter,

Two things. First, I would ask that you note carefully the language used.
The accounts below have been declared dead/non-Shirithian, and had their funds revoked.
That should be self explanatory. Also, I do not find any of those accounts to be active in the SCUE, which is the pertinent matter; though some are, yes, active in nations not members of the SCUE. If those nations ever intended to join the SCUE, it would actually be in their interest that the inactive accounts of their citizens be revoked - it would entitle them to claim the 7500 for their citizens as bringing new citizens into the economy.

Secondly, I would ask that you make any contestation with the Kaiseress. I was only
as a loyal servant of the crown.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Daniel Farewell

Lord Minister,

I wasn't contesting these as arbiter, but as a private individual concerned about my friends. :)

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Well if any of those people want to keep their Shireroth-based accounts, they should probably speak up themselves.

Daniel Farewell

Not everyone may frequent this forum...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

So tell them. They're your friends, yeah?

Daniel Farewell

No need for that tone.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Oh, I don't have a tone. I'm not that interested in all this to put subtle undercurrents to things I say about dead accounts for a dysfunctional micronational economic sim. I just feel that if you're going to protest on someone's behalf that they should at least be informed and potentially involved in the matter.

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

If you're not here, we take your cash. If you come back, you'll get some back perhaps.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Daniel Farewell

K.

Andreas the Wise

Those people who remain active in other SCUE countries I've tended to just transfer those accounts. It's the people who stop having anything to do with the SCUE that lose their cash. And to be honest, most of what they had was citizenship bounties from us ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Elliot Markham

Post by Elliot Markham »

Part of the problem here is that if you transfer money from one nation to another, as I did with the currency conversions when I was a citizen of Antica, it becomes property of the Kaiser and subject to confiscation at the whim of the Ministry. This is a hazard to foreign investment and some protections should be given to all account holders. I suppose closing inactive accounts aids efficiency, but DO NOT CLOSE THEM IF THE OWNER PROTESTS! In a real bank people deposit their savings for up to 30 years in order to draw interest and perhaps money market growth returns but in Shireroth's bank there is really not much benefit for depositing one's money here. One might as well use Ashkenaza's funny money (which works surprisingly well in simulation.)

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Good point.

Investors should be protected.

Andreas the Wise

Elliot Markham wrote:Part of the problem here is that if you transfer money from one nation to another, as I did with the currency conversions when I was a citizen of Antica, it becomes property of the Kaiser and subject to confiscation at the whim of the Ministry. This is a hazard to foreign investment and some protections should be given to all account holders. I suppose closing inactive accounts aids efficiency, but DO NOT CLOSE THEM IF THE OWNER PROTESTS! In a real bank people deposit their savings for up to 30 years in order to draw interest and perhaps money market growth returns but in Shireroth's bank there is really not much benefit for depositing one's money here. One might as well use Ashkenaza's funny money (which works surprisingly well in simulation.)
Elliot, you seem to be missing the point that only Shireroth, of all the nations in the SCUE, has a policy of closing foreign or inactive accounts (and even then I've been lenient when the people have another SCUE nation and helped them transfer the money there). In other countries, you may face the problem of taxes, but they do not, to my knowledge, close foreigner accounts.

I fully intend to create a subdivision within Gralus which guarantees (for a small monthly fee) that investors money will never, ever be reclaimed; but to do that I need to jump a few constitutional hoops so haven't got around to it yet.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Ministry of Trade”