Map of Syrelwynn

Yvain Wintersong

Map of Syrelwynn

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

Just to keep up with the Joneses (or the Hadjimehmetovs as the case may be) I've started mapping my province. I don't have web space right now, so I uploaded it to the wiki. I hope that's okay.

I'll flesh this out further when I get answers to some of my history questions, but a few brief notes:

- Syrelwynn is the capital. It's on a small hill near a river about twenty or thirty kilometers from the sea. Syrelwynn is its name in common Shireroth language, but it has an older name in its own tongue. Maybe Wintersong Keep - I need to write more history.
-Sirwynn is a trading port on the river. It's pretty close to Shirekeep and across a mountain range from the rest of the county. It used to be the capital, and it used to be called Syrelwynn, but there was some kind of shift. Again, more history.
- Synthera and Imphare are the two seaports.
- None of the towns are very big. Syrelwynn is the biggest and probably has about 35,000 people in it. Some of the very small ones like Airle and Daneannis probably only have a few hundred.
- There's some shipbuilding in Synthera, and some gold mines in the mountains, but otherwise no heavy industry to speak of. There's a lot of farming and traditional crafts.
- The small tributary of the big river to the south is called the Syrelwynn, and the bigger river to the north is called the Quinewynn. Most of the towns and farms are concentrated along the Quinewynn.
- Most of the county other than the Quinewynn plain is mountains. There are a few roads across them, but they would probably need a 4x4, and you wouldn't want to use them in winter.
- In the hills north of the city of Syrelwynn there are lots of standing stones. Some people say there were placed there to ward off demons. They seem to be doing a pretty good job.

Andreas the Wise

Re: Map of Syrelwynn

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Wonderful. Simple wonderful. Soon Brookshire is going to get a name for beautiful cartographers ... or maybe just beautiful cartography ...
I look forward to more ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

It looks a little bit mountainous, and I'm not sure how well it reflects the MCS physical map... but... it's sooo pretty :(...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Yvain Wintersong

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

Well, no one ever told me there was a really really big map with mountains. :(

Can you or the Kaiser change it to make Syrelwynn more mountainous? Pleeeeeease? (big puppy dog eyes)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I see that might be a problem because, well, we can't. However, the MCS map is rather vague...

Andreas the Wise

Yvain Wintersong wrote:Well, no one ever told me there was a really really big map with mountains. :(

Can you or the Kaiser change it to make Syrelwynn more mountainous? Pleeeeeease? (big puppy dog eyes)
Don't worry, do what you like. The only time anyone from MCS will care is if you have a Recwar, and even then they tend to respect really really well designed provinces. Novatainia managed to have a huge forest, a mountain range, rivers, tunnels, hulking cliffs, farmland, bushland, and a whirlpool, all in an area as big as two or three Shireroth counties in a place that, according the MCS, should be Tundra and flat ... :angel
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

benkern

Post by benkern »

If you want great quality topography click here.

Actually, its a JPEG so the quality's not that great. :P But the detail is awesome.

This is loosely based on the official Physical Map I believe, and its not entirely official, but it's a good way to check the mountain heights with a bit more detail reliably.

(Btw lighter = higher)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

It's kind of hard to tell, but as far as I can see, Yvain's map matches Bill's fairly well... but you know, that's micronationalism: There's no such thing as canon.

Andreas the Wise

That map is really rather beautiful, Benkern ...
'cept Spyr (can never spell it right) has a huge mountain on the physical, and not much on it ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

I don't have web space right now, so I uploaded it to the wiki
Surely everything should be uploaded to the wiki?

Nice map, btw ;)
*sulks back off to Modan-Lach to beat Syrelwynn at something else*

Modan Lach vs Syrelwynn map comeptitions, you can't beat them :D

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Yes... wiki uploads good...

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

If I recall.. on the MCS map 1pixil = 1 kilometers...

But I like it! I am greatly pleased my Count.... that reminds me.. I need to create Baronies..

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

That might have been true a very long time ago, I guess... the MCS maps contain the map scale in the lower right corner these days.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

which if not the same leads to some REALLY big problems in terms of astrophysics...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Return to “County of Syrelwynn”