Nifty Technology of the Week (12/16/05)

Organizes national culture and seeks new technology
Shyriath

Nifty Technology of the Week (12/16/05)

Post by Shyriath »

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_ne...535408.stmNow here's one of those things that makes you say to yourself, "Wow... why didn't I think of that?" The Electro-Kinetic Road Ramp is a small ramp that can be placed in a roadway. When cars drive over the metal plates in the ramp, it generates electricity. Not a whole lot, but enough to power things like traffic lights.The exact method by which the power is generated isn't explained in the article, unfortunately...

AngelGuardian93

Re: Nifty Technology of the Week (12/16/05)

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

TRE nifty. I can't wait! This would cut the governments spending by a decent amount. I just hope they use the extra money for needed things, like schools and road repair (at least here those are the problems), and not into their overseas bank account... There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

peizo electric would be easiest, most likly

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I kinda thought so, too, unless they're trying some electromagnetic thing. But I didn't think they'd get enough useful power out of piezoelectric methods.Quote:TRE nifty. I can't wait! This would cut the governments spending by a decent amount.It would cut a government's spending. The story is from Britain, so unless America tries this too, Greg, my guess is that you won't be seeing any spending cuts in the near future... not due to something like this, anyway.Sorry.

AngelGuardian93

Well, sooner or later America will have to bow to European pressure right?! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

...isn't that exactly th reason we had the Revolutionary War?

AngelGuardian93

Hush you! :P There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Return to “Department of Research and Education”