We have a historical discovery!

Organizes national culture and seeks new technology
Scott of Hyperborea

Re: We have a historical discovery!

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Perhaps he could be a usurper? A Goldshirerithian revolt that briefly drives the Metzler dynasty from the capital, but Kaiser Metzler takes it back only a short while later? That way you don't even need to integrate him in the bloodlines or official lists.

Shyriath

We have a historical discovery!

Post by Shyriath »

Through the efforts of Scott Alexander, MoRE has been alerted to an interesting historical discovery. Past issues of the Apollo Fireball indicate that Shireroth had a Kaiser that was never listed in the official records!The issues in question are:http://www.geocities.com/giantsq...sue7 ... ryker/Tony Au was apparently (reluctantly) Kaiser of Shireroth from June 27 to June 29 of 2001 (translating to 691 till 693 in ASC years), during a brief abdication of Kaiser Metzler I. The briefness of his reign and his apparent unhappiness with being placed in charge may explain the oversight.Integrating Kaiser Au I into the official list of Kaisers presents some problems from a fictional-historical standpoint, however. In that early period the official list differs quite a bit from reality, with Metzler I not being shown as reigning during the period when Au I was actually present. Moreover, placing Au I in his proper place would break up the continuity of the Metzler-Ly'Technomaezj Dynasty, which throws a bit of a wrench into some ideas I was having.There is no doubt that dStryker's time as Kaiser of this nation, however brief, ought to be mentioned and honored; the question is how to go about it. I may have to think about this a bit.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Harsh treatment, but perhaps that's the way to go. I think Erik mentioned sometime back that all Kaisers had belonged to some sort of imperial bloodline, whether the line got official mention or not... but then again, he said it before this Kaiser had been rediscovered, too.But if Kaiser Au DID come from completely outside the bloodlines, if he was thus a usurper in an even stronger sense, that WOULD be a nifty excuse for his lack of inclusion in the official lists. Not being of descent from Raynor I, he would've had no business being on the throne in the first place, unlike previous, high-blooded Kaisers who had seized power.There should still be a footnote in the List of Kaisers as to his presence, but otherwise... yes. *Rubs hands together* That will work nicely.

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

To dishonor a kaiser by forever writing him in the books as a 'usurper' simply because it has been OUR fault of not noticing him before, and because of OUR laziness to not add him in, should be considered treason/

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Your face should be considered treason. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Besides, he'd have enjoyed being an usurper. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Moose, that was uncalled for. I was merely stating that you are dishonoring someone by making them look like a bad guy because three or so people can't take an hour or two out of their weekend to edit a timeline.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

I agree with Ozarka here. We can't call him a usurper just because we forgot about him. That's plain mean. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

But he'd LIKE it! Jesus. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Waits for a bit more discussion on the topic before deciding whether or not to keep the idea*

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Are you sure, Fax? If we're certain that he would like it, then I won't voice any objections. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Of course he would! He's the original Goldshirian, for god's sake. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Right. Sounds OK, but wecan't put him in too much bad lght. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Sufficed to say, dStryker would find it humorous more than anything else. Neither would it do him an injustice to portray him as an usurper...a usurper. Surely someone who could overthrow the reign of Kaiser Metzler I would be someone of great wit, cunning and ambition. A warrior of no little skill, and probably the man whom the later Dukes of Goldshire would attribute their own heritage to. A fitting addition to the fictional histories, if I do say so myself.Just to clarify, Oz's face is not treason. Carry on like this, Moose, and yours might be. If you've nothing constructive to say, at least say something mean, or say nothing at all. My 12-year old brother uses that line for Neharab's sake, man

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Eh. It got the message across. I just thought that he really overreacted. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Return to “Department of Research and Education”