Nifty Technology of the Week (9/23/05)

Organizes national culture and seeks new technology
Shyriath

Nifty Technology of the Week (9/23/05)

Post by Shyriath »

The World of Warcraft online game is apparently suffering the ravages of a virtual plague.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/techn...272418.stmYes, I know it's not niftiness in the sense of "wow, that's great!", but I know it made me stop and think "whoooaaaah". Apparently, the plague started as something affecting characters who killed off a boss in a recently added dungeon, but somehow it spread to a number of WoW servers, killing multitudes of weaker characters and severely inhibiting stronger ones. Virtual corpses littering the virtual streets. Although characters are resurrected after death, the plague keeps going despite attempts to stamp it out....So, is that freaky, or what?

Fax Celestis

Re: Nifty Technology of the Week (9/23/05)

Post by Fax Celestis »

Gaming to a whole new level. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

pvponline.com/archive.php...e=20050922 They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I'm feeling a mixture of awe and laughter right now! *rotfl*Perfect.edit: WoW is turning into .hack! hahaha! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find. Edited by: AngelGuardian93  at: 9/24/05 15:49

Return to “Department of Research and Education”