O Minister-who-is-Kaiser...

Organizes national culture and seeks new technology
Fax Celestis

Re: O Minister-who-is-Kaiser...

Post by Fax Celestis »

My opinion is that Nerrolar redirect to Kaiser Mors IV. Leaving "Kaiser Mors IV" as its own page makes for easier linkage. Blindness Is A Blessing

Shyriath

O Minister-who-is-Kaiser...

Post by Shyriath »

It occurs to me that some sort of general guideline ought to be set over how the recent tradition of Kaiserial epithets is represented in the historical record, specifically with regards to ShireWiki. I'm not certain, as SSHIT director, how far into my own hands I should take this, so seeing as how you're my immediate superior no matter how I look at it, I figure I should ask you.What I'm wondering is whether or not the epithet should be considered part of the name, or an honorific addition. In particular, when creating an article for a Kaiser, should the title of the main article be, for example, 'Kaiser Mors IV', 'Kaiser Mors IV Nerrolar', 'Kaiser Mors IV "Nerrolar"', or 'Kaiser Mors IV (Nerrolar)'? I don't quite remember how far I intended to go with the tradition, except that it would be used in official records, so I'd like a second opinion on this.Also, the matter of the previous Kaiser's epithet. There seemed to be quite a lot of disagreement over just what it should be; although Kaiser Alejian's decision to leave it in the hands of the people was very generous, the lack of a definitive decision makes it hard to say just which choice should be put into official records. I'm tempted to put "the Guardian", as (if I recall correctly) you gave it your blessing, but I'd rather not presume.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

I would agree that it should just be "Kaiser Mors IV". The page can then add that he was called "Nerrolar". And "the Guardian" works for me.Shyriath, do you want this Ministry? I'm done with it now and you are both educating people via the Wikipedia and "researching" things in SSHIT.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Shyriath for MoRE!!!! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Shyriath for SSHIT and MoRE! Blindness Is A Blessing

AngelGuardian93

he rules the academics! hehe. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Hrrrrrm. Well, yeah, I s'pose I could give it a shot. Although using education through a wiki seems as a qualification seems a little odd, since I'm neither the only one putting stuff in ShireWiki nor the most prolific editor.

Kaiser Los III

Post by Kaiser Los III »

That's true, but I need someone smart, active, and not with a position already, and you fit the bill.You are now MoRE. Go forth and research and educate.Moose, could you make Shy a Wiki admin?

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Done and done. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Takes up the mantle of MoRE* I shall SMITE the forces of unenlightenment, driving them into the Nether Darkness!

AngelGuardian93

*cheers again* There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Return to “Department of Research and Education”