Degrees?

Organizes national culture and seeks new technology
Erik Mortis

Degrees?

Post by Erik Mortis »

Maybe? Yes? Nothing to expansive. Just require a certain amount of credits in certain level classes. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Re: Degrees?

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

I'm at a loss of how we would give them. As it is, we don't even have a consistant class list...or many classes... Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

Degrees will come when we have a consistent class list. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

just making suggestions... for later use... Once we have a bunch of classes written.. all we need to do is make new hw and tests.. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

a good way to get started on getting a degree program would be to document the students of classes... that is, keep a running list of who is in what class, who has taken what classes, what grades they've gotten, et cetera...then you could just use degrees as honourary titles to the people with the longest lists... Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

SSFSX17

Post by SSFSX17 »

Start with "breadth" requirements. That is, required classes that every student who wants a degree must pass. Of course, every single professor (or at least, every single department head and school dean) must agree that the required classes are useful in all situations.Then, let all the individual schools figure out what they want to require for degrees in their respective areas. For example, the issue of what constitutes a Computer Science degree ought to be left to the School of Computer Science, since they are best able to figure it out.A requirement for degrees, period, is an entire school devoted to that degree or which has a department dedicated to that degree. A few random professors will never be able to handle the full load of a degree. So you might want to start on that front first.EDIT: Or, you could simply pursue the "community college" or "adult education" approach, since that is much more within your reach. Edited by: SSFSX17 at: 3/7/04 3:10 pm

BMajeed

Post by BMajeed »

I need to remember to set up a place of higher learning in Terre des Riches...

Return to “Department of Research and Education”