[02082010] Laqi Free Republic: A Declaration of Independence

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

[02082010] Laqi Free Republic: A Declaration of Independence

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Laqi Free Republic
Laxija Atjanja Aҳatkөra

Friends,

Laqi Sovereignty is now a reality. However, we as a civilised people, wishing to live in harmony with our neighbours to the north, must declare our independence as befits a great nation such as ourselves. The following documents outline the founding principles of the Laqi Free Republic, confirming its sovereignty, its borders, and its national symbols.

Document I- Laqi Declaration of Independence
Document II- Borders of the Laqi Republic
Document III- National Symbols of the Laqi Republic

Let us hope that our neighbours wish us well in our road to building an independent state and approach the situation with maturity and open-mindedness. I shall have emissaries sent to our neighbours to notify them of the current situation and to seek their support in our endeavour.

Regards,

H.E Maksim Ҳaximeҳmetov,
First President of the Laqi Free Republic

Malliki Tosha

Re: [02082010] Laqi Free Republic: A Declaration of Independence

Post by Malliki Tosha »

You have to be joking. You're not even count of Modan-Lach anymore. Perhaps you didn't fully grasp the concept of a core county. Modan-Lach belongs to House Mortis and Shireroth. The end.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Mr. Tosha,

I think you will find upon closer inspection that the County of Modan-Lach belongs to its indigenous inhabitants, the Laqi.
If Shireroth wishes to reassert control over the region she will have to do so by force or through skillful diplomacy; for now I suggest that you save your outrage (however justified you may feel it to be) for either the negotiations table or the battlefield. The former is preferable, but the latter is possible.

Regards,

M. Hadjimehmetov

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

You're not even a member of House Mortis, so I consider your claim over our core county to be flimsy at best.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Mr. Tosha,

Whatever political structure was implemented during my absence to deprive the Laqi People of the smallest degree of autonomy they had left is frankly irrelevant. Upon returning to Brookshire Hamlet, I found the countryside in ruins, poverty and unemployment were rife and the people petitioned me to lead them to independence.
It is the people, the soul of this nation, who have put me in a meaningful position of power, not some distant bureaucrat in Shirekeep.

If you wish to negotiate with the Republic, please do so. If your sole purpose of being here is to delegitimise the Laqi nation's right to self-determination, you may be asked to leave.

Rostam will show you the door.

Regards,

M. Hadjimehmetov

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yeah...

As Steward of House Mortis, I'm giving you 24 hours to vacate our core county.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

I shall wait for a properly accredited spokesperson for the Landsraad and His Niftiness the Kaiser to deliver the Shirereithan verdict as it stands before considering whether military action may have to be taken.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

As Steward of Shireroth, I'm giving you 24 hours to vacate Modan-Lach :document
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Excellency,

I take it, therefore, that the Imperial Republic does not even wish to give the Laqi People the service of talking to them about their evident displeasure?

Falkner van der Sluijs

They may talk for themselves, but an active rebellion is certainly going to be a detriment to their appeal for freedom in the eyes of the Imperial Republic, and I believe the movement's proximity to the capital of House Mortis and the traditional Duchy of Brookshire is a danger to the associated government.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Excellency,

Our declaration of independence makes it quite clear that we only seek independence in lands in which the Laqi people are a majority. Once our borders are secure, we have no interest in expanding them further into Shireroth- a mutual friendship based on dialogue and respect for Laqi sovereignty is all we desire.

Falkner van der Sluijs

An active revolt is far from a mutual friendship based on dialogue. This spontaneous rebellion is a threat to the existing government and I ask that the Laqi people cease and desist if you wish to negotiate.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Maksym Hadjimehmetov wrote:Excellency,

Our declaration of independence makes it quite clear that we only seek independence in lands in which the Laqi people are a majority. Once our borders are secure, we have no interest in expanding them further into Shireroth- a mutual friendship based on dialogue and respect for Laqi sovereignty is all we desire.
Awww, but "peaceful coexistence unless you wish war" is so boring and makes it so easy to set the other side up as the villains :(. Couldn't you have introduced some charismatic dictator character with a hint of a toothbrush moustache first? Maybe one with some megalomaniac tendencies, one that instead of just saying "this land is our land and all the rest is your land" would resume with "so we're going to invade your land, too, just to make the point clear".

e: Aaaaaactually, sorry, I missed http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=13796 - it's a far better start than I thought, and... in fact pretty much just what I asked for :/. Well. *considers having a Straylightian undersea mining base unearth Cthulhu and seeing how Shireroth responds*
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yeah... A tad of humor, irony or sarcasm would have been nice... But meh...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Well I do apologise if my style of writing didn't meet your specifications. Nonetheless I think I can try and work some interesting events into this little drama. Besides, given how much smaller the community is during the summer lull, and the fact that news travels fast, I'm sure something else will happen. In fact, I'm convinced of it.
Couldn't you have introduced some charismatic dictator character with a hint of a toothbrush moustache first?
This chap OK?

:D
Last edited by Maksym Hadjimehmetov on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Yeah, see the edit :(

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Also the Laqi Militias are generally drunken ex-convicts with cossack hats, AK-47s and accordions, which may hopefully add that cultural flair I think you're looking for.

I'll convene the Laqi Provisional Government assembly I just invented and debate with them as to what course we will take.
Doubtless we shall find out within the next 24 hours.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

And as for me, I of course continue my long-standing policy of approving of recwars but not actually participating in them.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

errr... No?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Smells as a Ashkanatzan vassal state to me. :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Indeed. And I'll have none of it. Especially since if it is a activity ploy.. it failed miserably, as we are now down a cit.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Smells as a Ashkanatzan vassal state to me.
The fact that I am also an Ashkenatzi citizen is entirely irrelevant. If I were a citizen of... Stormark, for example, would it be a Stormarker vassal state? Conspiracy theories don't help. All I'm doing is injecting a little life into Shireroth and hopefully the Micran Sector by creating this scenario. It's not a 'ploy', it's to try and have a bit of fun.

The Laqi Republic has until 3:19 PM tomorrow to decide on its course of action.
That's quite a long time in the course of politics.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm not trying to make conspiracy theories. It's just because of the coat of arms that I made that 'ridiculous' comment. :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Granted the colours are pretty similar, but there are no signs of Modan-Lach suddenly being a majority Jewish area, which would potentially grant Ashkenatza the right to invoke its controversial Yiddishkeyt Declaration.

Ashkenatza has just had an important General Election, won by the Bundists and bringing into power Ashkenatza's first ethnically Tellian Nohsi. There's potentially plenty of activity generated because of that, I can assure you.
I don't know the Ashkenatzi view on this situation but I have sent my 'cousin' Mr. Goltz a letter and perhaps we'll know in due course.

Return to “County of Modan-Lach”