Proposition II

Ryan

Proposition II

Post by Ryan »

Alright, after much thought on the subject, I have come to a determination regarding the fate of Lac Glacei.

Given these current facts:

1. Lac Glacei no longer holds any territory on Micras.
2. The ability to re-claim Lac Glacei's historic lands is not amenable to its current occupants.
3. The legitimacy of Lac Glacei's internal subdivisions has come into question.

I have thus formulated what I deem Proposition II.

This proposal is quite simple.

1. Lac Glacei will be closed and archived given that it is no longer a physical or functional territory of Shireroth.
2. A small lake existing on an unclaimed area of Micras will be chosen by myself.
3. This new lake shall encompass a replacement County for the loss of Lac Glacei.
4. Said County territory shall not exceed the bare minimum allowable by the MCS given Shireroth's current imposed land cap.
5. Said County will assume all political responsibilities that the former Lac Glacei once held.
6. Said County will assume a name properly attributable to said lake upon approval of said land claim by the MCS.

The above, obviously, will either require Kaiser or Landsraad (or both) approval prior to initiation. Given the validity of objections recently raised with regards to Lac Glacei, I feel this would be the best option short of actually dismissing the county entirely and moving to a different county.

The only other option I can see as viable is to still close Lac Glacei and then simply move to Mar Sara.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Jonas

Re: Proposition II

Post by Jonas »

Kildare has a lake... Nova Dalmacija is large, so we could give you some land of it to build Lac Glacei. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Of course, that lake is already culturally developed. Although I do appreciate the offer.

I would like to claim one of the small lakes on Eura. Or at least the immediate perimeter of one.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Don't you feel like, considering the "Glacei" and the icy mountains in the flag, you should try to claim somewhere colder than Eura? What about the lake just north of Kildare, or the Keltian one around Krlsgorod?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I don't intend to re-create Lac Glacei in a different location.

It's historic location is occupied. Therefore I consider the point moot. Lac Glacei can be archived and I will develop something new.

I've already been putting together a concept. Here's the geographical plan:

It's small enough that I don't think anyone will object to the claim. But if the MCS does refuse, then Plan B is to simply hop over to Mar Sara or some other vacant county that could use me.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Right then. It looks like the MCS is going to reject the claim anyways.

Guess I'll be taking up residence in a different county after all.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

We have lots of counties if you wanna become Brookshirian.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kildare has even more free and interesting counties... :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

Ryan wrote:Right then. It looks like the MCS is going to reject the claim anyways.
Not necessarily. I saw nothing there from a council member that explicitly said no, not even anything that implicitly said no. Craitman said the unwritten rules allow them to have flexibility in situations like yours, so, to be honest, I'd say you're alright.
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Yeah, I wouldn't give up hope quite yet Ryan. I think this land claim has more than a fair chance of passing. Let's see what happens when the Landsraad supports it and go from there.

Also, that's two people of Goldshire that are supporting you rather than throwing random advertisements at you. Might want to keep that in mind if you eventually do wish to choose a different residence. ;)

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Well, I can see the council since I'm still considered staff, and it's like 5 nays to 1 aye. So I'm fairly certain my plans are shot.

But on the up and up, I would like to dedicate some effort to a place that needs me. So if we do have vacant counties, then I'll just drop this claim business and focus my efforts elsewhere.

Do we have a list floating about of vacant counties?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Hmm, apparently I have access to those voting forums too. Impotent bullies and jerks, sitting around not contributing much but deciding the fate of the map simply because they got in with the right clique. It's beginning to make a lot more sense why the GSO and all other mapping foundations broke away in the first place.

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

Harvey Steffke wrote:It's beginning to make a lot more sense why the GSO and all other mapping foundations broke away in the first place.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? :document
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Probably not, for various and numerous reasons. Still, it's annoying. I'd be more tempted to make a big deal of it though if Ryan wasn't willing to just let it go.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I honestly don't care enough to make a big stink about it. I've got better things to focus my energy on. I'd rather give my time to Shireroth doing something useful than spend it arguing over a tiny island.

I'm more upset that they're putting up an additional fuss over my land swap in Universalis. That's entirely uncalled for.

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

Well, my own separate negotiations in Gralus are still ongoing. Assuming that they arrive at a desirable conclusion, that is unlikely to happen before the weekend due to various time constraints.
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

An agreement in principle has now been reached. The relevant "paperwork" will hopefully be available for presentation soon.
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Return to “Grand Directorate of Lac Glacei”