3.d. Jaris
3.e. Cocoanut Grove

4. Stromblum District is composed of the following regions:
4.a. Lorelei
4.b. Edelweiss
4.c. Heathersland
4.d. Kloss
4.e. Vivaldia

5. The following districts are hereby attributed directly to cities: Alterra, Aspyxnia, Greater Baldonios, Burnisia, Edan, Formiga

6. Definition of a district: A district is defined as a cultural area encompassing any number (generally five) of regions. While each region may have a distinct culture, each share some common attributes, which groups them in that particular district. For example, Stromblum is a district with five distinct regions, but each region is linked by sharing Germanic-influenced culture.

7. Definition of a region: A region is defined as a cultural area that is distinct unto itself; enough so to be classified as a separate entity. Regions are geographically small areas.

8. Political implications of Districts and Regions: Politically, districts and regions have little political power. District Managers (or other equivalent title) may direct their own internal affairs if a manager is present and approved of by the Grand Director. Regions may also manage their own internal affairs, but must similarly be approved of by the District Manager.

Signed by my hand,
Ryan, Grand Director of Lac Glacei
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Decree 091110 01

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

All very nice, but what are you doing about the land?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I was mulling over that problem today. One option - which would circumvent the MCS-Shireroth Land Rule - would be to approach Gralus and see if they'd be willing to establish a condominium (albeit at a reduced size comparative to the original) along the lake shore. I think, however, that would require Kaiser approval prior to proposing such an offer to Gralus.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

If you can get away with it and it doesn't cost us much, consider it approved.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Iskander approached me about land when you first said you wanted Lac Glacei, Ryan; and I put him on to the people actually authorised to speak on Gralus' behalf. You could ask him if he's got any response.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

I'll save you the trouble of asking. :)

All I can say at the moment is that, so far, things are looking reasonably promising. I'm just waiting for various people to finish consulting each other.

Looking at the new district plans above, are we to assume that Alpreaux will not be returning as the capital?
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Alpreaux would be the national as well as regional capital of Lac Glacei. So yes, if anything, I would like that to return.

For reference purposes, this map shows the territorial extent of the original Grand Duchy. As things presently stand, it would actually be larger than that, with the inclusion of Jaris and Outer Cognito.

I don't expect the land to be returned or anything but some kind of sharing agreement would be nice.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Mayo!!! I remember having relations with them in both Cyberia (iirc) and Morovia (iirc). Good times...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Andreas the Wise

The interesting thing is that it's from that map I date the proper beginnings of Novatainia and Toketi as countries (the Novatainian pre-history has a set of small kingdoms in the land being united by a Prince Nova). I attributed the small kingdoms to the carving up of Slobovia (they all seemed to collapse within 100 ASC years).
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Aye, Mayo was cool. Except I was always tempted to call them Mayonnaise...

Andreas - I'd be interested in reading that story of yours, just to see the parallels between that and actual history. Looking at that map brings back a lot of memories for me.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Fun factoid:

I was President of Cyberia when we moved onto the Micras map.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

*tries to remember back then*

Jack Santucci?

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

No! I'm tired of everyone trying to take my homeland's territory! First it was Alexandria, now this! :angry
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Erm, I'm not trying to take any of the land back. I would, however, like to gain access to those lands for cultural purposes. Maybe re-add the old cities, even if they aren't in Shireroth anymore...

Santelran Rottsaa

No! Because they'll continue to be stupid and let you do it! Or a Novatainian will allow it because they don't care and it's not their land! It's not yours, damn it! :angry

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I don't understand what your objection is. I was not involved with these previous disputes, nor privy to their history. So, rather than rant about it, if you would care to explain your position a little better, I would be more than willing to ensure your concerns are taken into account. As I stated earlier, in no way am I seeking to eliminate, overtake, or somehow alter existing cultures and land ownership. My primary concern is to focus solely on Alpreaux - even if that means only obtaining a 5x5px square where the city used to be. Lac Glacei cannot be Lac Glacei without its capitol on Lac Glacei... How it exists otherwise is something of an anomaly to me.

Andreas the Wise

Santelran Rottsaa wrote:No! Because they'll continue to be stupid and let you do it! Or a Novatainian will allow it because they don't care and it's not their land! It's not yours, damn it! :angry
Corey, please. As you can see above, when I was asked, I specifically said I had absolutely no authority to talk on it and to talk to those properly qualified (Nargoth and Prodigy). Novatainians aren't going to mess with Tokian land. Technically, nobody but the Lord General can mess with Gralus' land full stop.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Ryan wrote:*tries to remember back then*

Jack Santucci?
No, not Jack. Mike Fors. I was President for a while.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Ah, Mike Fors! Yes, I remember you. Good to see you're still involved, and better yet that you're in Shireroth! :)

Santelran Rottsaa

Ryan wrote:My primary concern is to focus solely on Alpreaux - even if that means only obtaining a 5x5px square where the city used to be. Lac Glacei cannot be Lac Glacei without its capitol on Lac Glacei... How it exists otherwise is something of an anomaly to me.
THIS IS THE FIRST PROBLEM! Someone revived Lac Glacei here without the land! Lac Glacei's territory has not been under Shirithian sovereign control for what, 5 years? 6 years? Longer? I don't know, it was before my time. What I do know is, if you want to do anything with the land, it's gonna be in some alternate universe where you have the land and Toketi doesn't.

My main problem is that Tokians have a bad habit of getting walked all over because they're too focused on their damn spam forum. I'm the only one who had any pride and concern for the sovereignty and solidarity of our territory, and I still feel some duty to protect Toketi, even though I'm no longer a part of it.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm still waiting for Andreas to show me this history he's talking about. I don't see why the two histories can't be intertwined. Lac Glacei was around before Toketi. It was present on the maps for more than 50% of the six years that the MCS has been producing maps. Not to dismiss the work of other people, but that's far longer than Toketi. It hasn't been absent from the map for that long. The last map it was last on was published in May 2006.

I'm fully in favor of cultural continuity. Meaning that those nations that existed in lands prior to the present landowners should be given their props unless those former nations specifically requested complete removal (meaning to remove all references). Lac Glacei is, itself, a conglomeration of historical territories, encompassing parts of Slobovia, Cranda, Cyberia, and others. It has a deep history that I would like to be able to share with the present landowners - that being Gralus. It has nothing to do with walking all over them.

If I were asking for ALL the territory back, I would understand your anger.

If I were asking for part of the territory back, I would moderately understand your anger.

But I am asking for ONE CITY. It's a tiny speck of land. And further I'm suggesting that Gralus retain sovereignty over it and either lease or lend or fashion a similar agreement with Shireroth. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Andreas the Wise

Ryan wrote:I'm still waiting for Andreas to show me this history he's talking about. I don't see why the two histories can't be intertwined. Lac Glacei was around before Toketi. It was present on the maps for more than 50% of the six years that the MCS has been producing maps. Not to dismiss the work of other people, but that's far longer than Toketi. It hasn't been absent from the map for that long. The last map it was last on was published in May 2006.
Well, some of us are in the middle of final exams. :p I also thought it would be harder to find than it was (I couldn't remember if I'd put it on the wiki, or whether it only possibly existed as an indeterminately named word file on my hard drive. Luckily, it was on the wiki).

I may also have got your hopes up too much. This is the history, but it made no efforts to connect with anything. My intention was/is to connect the 'gap' in Novatainian history (between the fall of the Etruri, ~700 BC and Lachlan's history of Novatainia, starting ~400 AD). It's also only a Novatainian attempt to fill the gap; as far as I know Corey has his own history of Toketi during that time, and it's his business if he tries to involve other things in it or not. And if Novatainia is almost three, that means Toketi is three and a half (so 50% of 6 is hardly "far longer").

Gosh, have I been here almost three years? I feel quite old now.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

You're lucky your exams are this early. Mine don't come until the week before Christmas... blargh...

Anyways, thanks for the links. I'll go over both of those and see if I can come up with something. And yes, I suppose that we're balanced about 50/50 with age. Of course, if you (or anyone for that matter) has a better idea how to go about this, I'm all ears.

Andreas the Wise

You could do what you did in the Kaiser's Court, and say "We don't have the land, probably never will, why do we even have this claim?"

You could develop it regardless of any actual land (after all, that's what Straylight does and it works well enough for them).

If neither of those sound like a good idea, when you've finally decided (between you and Iskander) what you'd like to ask the Tokians (since you're both currently saying quite different things), post an OOC request in the Lord General's forum. Yeah, technically you shouldn't be able to reach there, Gralus being trapped in another dimension and so on ... but you going to the crystal tree to say "Can we pinch your land while you're gone?" makes even less sense, so you'll get away with it.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Someone revived Lac Glacei here without the land!
Lac Glacei exists in our hearts!

Anyway, when I came (back?) to Shireroth, just before the Great Revival under Mors V, I'd decided to "clean up my micronational act". Part of this was donating all non-Cyberian claims of the House of BSK and of the FRC to Shireroth. Of course, as Duke in those days, I lobbied to get the goodies assigned to Yardistan.

Absentian territory was available.

Some former Lac Glaceian territory was available, but there were MCS issues, pending claims, and a fear/resentment of the size of Shireroth.

We had an expedition, but ended it with a picnic instead of an annexation. Fired fish was "invented" at the time.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Upon further research, comparing

http://micras.org/Archive/maps/Claimsma ... -7.0.4.png

to the current map, the site of Cognito is unclaimed.

HMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...........
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm in the process of moving the entire lake (well, honestly part of it, since I can't change the map) via a long story I've been writing over the course of a few months. See The Retreating Ice for the story.

I'm not giving away the conclusion yet. Of course, I need to get off my arse and write faster... :p

Return to “Grand Directorate of Lac Glacei”