A Sound Booth in The Port Nevermore Center

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

A Sound Booth in The Port Nevermore Center

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

Alright Conglacio, first things first, I listened to your recording and trust me you were very good.

You have some very basic problems and I beleive we can adress them all online.

(And these pointers can be taken for anyone else, more or less)

1. Breathing. "But I've been breathing all my life, how can I do it wrong" Trust me you can.

most people breath in and out and they're chest rises and falls, they breath from theyre lungs. anyone who relies on theyre voice for volume and endurance needs to breath from thyre Diapraghm.

The Diapraghm is a muscle that sits right below your lungs and when you exhale it pushes the air out, when you inhale it relaxes and lets air in.

SO! when you breath in to sing, or project, you try and breath in from your gut. try it a few times, you may feel light headed, after a few attempts and you feel the dizziness, take a break, the excersize is meant to help your body get used to that action so that you get more air for your breath.

NEXT, what part of britain are you from, your accent is a little thick at times and although accents are hot and sexy froma female PoV, if it interfers with the song, that can be a problem.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

I agree, this is good. It sounds a bit as if it came from a musical.

As to the accent, I disagree. It doesn't interfere with the song at all.

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

Ok, I will try the thing about breathing.

as for accent? what accent? I hear no accent!
I am from Derby, in the East Midlands.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

David, I think your accent sounds lovely. Most American ears love to hear a good British accent. We think it sounds better than our plain American ones. The breathing exercises are important, though. I can't wait to hear your progress.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

We think it sounds better than our plain American ones.
Speak for yourself, Baroness! I happen to like my accent. :)
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Baldwin--

I beg your pardon. I do not mean to demean our accents. I just was mentioning that many Americans are fascinated by the different. A British accent, or an American one from a different region, will often gain positive attention, for its very "differentness." And if the person whose speech sounds different than ours is also able to speak or sing well, many might be inclined to pay more attention than to someone who speaks like us.

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

The good Baroness is quite correct.

In most situations I've ever encountered with singers who dont know the International alphabet and dialect (i want to say it's called the IPA but im not sure) , namely those who have "accents" from Britain and far norht and sout USA, when singing, you cant really hear the accents.

Lately Ive been listening to ALOT of Andrew loyd Webber (right now I'm IN Joseph and his technicolor Dreamcoat) and I enjoy myself some Brit Punk (OI OI OI!) and only rarely can you hear the accent when they sign.. SO! enough about accents, i didnt want to get hung up on it but we did, fine. so there it is, DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!

Next tip, on the very last note.... i think you can hit that full voice and nail it. I think it might be at the top of your range, im confident you are a bass (most men are) but to my ear I think you can get it.

so, find somewhere you can sign this song over and over and over ANED OVER, out loud, and very loud. As if you were in a real concert hall and the people in the nose bleeds are the people who are your biggesat fans. K?

Give this a shot in conjuction with the breathing (breathing is important) and tell me how it feels. next installment will be on posture.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

*nods*

it will be a while before I can do anything now.... work starts before I wake up and in the evening I am dead...

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Wuts wrong with a southern drawl... y'all?

And I hate to do it, but it's annoying the hell out of me:

They're = they are (They're going to the park)
Their = possessive (It's their car, not yours!)
There = place (Let's go over there)
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians
President of the University of Geneva, Empire of the Alexandrians

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

no offence to anyone, but the "southern drawl" is one of my three most hated accents.... (the other being "Brummie" (from Birmingham) and Estuary English.

There was a woman at work who spoke likle that, very loudly, and my desk was near hers...I won't say I was glad when she lost her voice but...

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

I like to listen to people from Minnesota...people in Indiana make fun of them when they naively mispronounce the names of Mexican dishes. :evil
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I *live* in "the South" and I *HATE* southern accents. With a fiery passion. Only southerners who have no where else to go use southern accents.

Return to “County of Nova Dalmacija”