Throne Room of Nova Dalmacija

Austi Scot

Throne Room of Nova Dalmacija

Post by Austi Scot »

The Throne Room of Novi Dalmacija – the Throne is not shown here.This is where the Royalty of Novi Dalmacija receives visitors. Edited by: Austi Scot  at: 10/25/03 10:58 pm

Jonas

Re: Throne Room of Nova Dalmacija

Post by Jonas »

Maybe the royalty can come back after all these ages?

Maybe we can settle it like this: if a Count has both the Counties of North and South Nova Dalmacija (or if the Counties get reunited simply: Nova Dalmacija) they can call themself King or Queen of Nova Dalmacija. Or how did they call the royalty?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

The real one is something I am not really familiar with, and I have no connection legally to South Novi Dalmacjia. This would be something for the Duke or Kaiser to decide, but I really think King or Queen would step on the Kaiser's and the Duke's toes.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Some lower royalty title? Like Prince / Princess? Or a new title like 'Novi'
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

The RL Dalmatia is a province in Croatia. The Croatian word for Count is "Grof" and for Countess "Grofica". A county is called a Grofovija.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Thank you, Mike! You're very helpful! :)

I like the titles. 'Grof' and 'Grofica'...
What do you think, Hypathias Mom?

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

You can recognize them in the Swedish Greve and Grevinna. :)
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Sounds like the dutch Graaf and Gravin. :)

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

That too. Same root. Not the same root as Count which comes from the Latin comes. The German Graf and Dutch graaf (Latin: Grafio) stems from the Byzantine-Greek grapheus or suggrapheus "he who calles a meeting [i.e. the court] together").
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Mike--thank you for the information. I have no familiarity with either the Latin root or the Croation or Duitch words. That is an interesting translation for the title of the ruler of that land. I wonder if this should become the standard here. This would be a matter for my Duke to decide. And if the two counties are to be reunited would be an issue for rhe kaiser to decide, when that particular disagreement is finally resolved.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Hypatias Mom,
Do you mean making it standard in only this County or the whole Dutchy and Baronies?

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

It seems that the title is tied culturally and linguistically to Dalmacjia (in RL part of Croatia) itself. Therefore, it seems logical that unless we made the entrire duchy around that particular culture (which I don't believe has ever really been done) it would be inappropriate to use it for the entire duchy. I was not even aware of that particular title until yesterday's post by Mike Fors.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Then from now on (but I will make a Decree after we united both Dalmacija's) you can call yourself Grofica of Nova Dalmacija :)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

That is an imposing title, My Lord, but I will attempt to carry it with dignity and grace. Thank you, My Lordl

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Bravo.

After my victory is acknowledged, I will cheerfully decree this.
Loki II, Kaiser of Shireroth
The Awaited One, Bearer of the Sword
Traditional King of the Mala'anje
Former Vryheer of Maraguo

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I am sorry I am unable at this time to do you justice by calling you by a name which has not yet been decided upon. I am still awaiting the final decision on the new holder of the Sword of Vengeance. At that time, Sir, I will give you your due. I do have a great deal of respect for your position here, and thank you for your declaration of support for my new title and augmented barony. (This is an awkward time for both of us, I fear.)

Return to “County of Nova Dalmacija”