Taking Charge!

Handles national defense and recwars
Prodigy Almighty

Taking Charge!

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

Prodigy walked into his new office, carrying a box of stuff. "Finally, I've found some time to move in here..."

He glanced around the room. Lavish, luxurious, and old-fashioned - a nice retreat from all the chrome and stainless-steel used in Chelkran architecture, that was certain. The cyborg sighed, dropped his box of office trinkets on his new oak desk, and flopped into the big velvety chair. Honestly, this felt more like an executive chair than the giant, solid gold throne in Almighty Palace back in Chelkran Kesh...

Kale kicked the door open and ducked through the doorway, frowning and carrying another cardboard box of sundries. "Y'know, I've noticed that not many places in Shireroth are Chelkran-friendly. The doorways are too small. Korstokk had to wait outside the building."

The new Minister of Military Affairs sighed in response. "I know, I know, but there's not much I can do about it. Besides, Korstokk will mostly be hanging around Absentia anyway if I know him, and everything there is nice and big."

"Have you chosen some Imperial Guard yet?" Kale asked, grunting a little as he dropped into a visitor chair across the desk from his boss. He admired the shiny, golden nameplate that read "Prodigy Almighty".

"Picked them myself," Prodigy exclaimed, thrusting one finger in the air for emphasis. "I'm rather proud to be supplying some of my own people as the Kaiser's personal guard."

"YOUR people?" Prodigy's second-in-command remarked, eyebrows raising on his forehead. "You better be lucky you created the Chelkran."

~~~~~

"Kaiser, five men to see you," a page called to his new lord.

Loki looked up from his work - he had plenty to deal with after returning from a leave of absence to find himself in charge of the nation - and furrowed his brow. He wasn't expecting anyone. But as long as they weren't Babkhans, there was little harm in seeing them. Or, maybe he should be cautious. His new personal guard had not yet arrived after the departure of the Elwynnese.

"They say they have a missive from the Ministry of Military Affairs."

The Kaiser's eyebrows relaxed. Well then, that solved that problem. "Send them in."

There is something to be said for the grandeur of old-fashioned architecture, because the size of the doorway probably saved some money on replacing it. Even passing under the flying buttress single-file, the five men striding into the room had to duck to avoid hitting their heads.

The massive armor probably didn't help.

The men lined up in a row before the Kaiser. The overheads lights glistened brilliantly off their red-and-gold armor, full body suits that looked like modernized versions of plate mail. Their flowing black capes billowed as all in unison, they took a knee. The rugged, white-haired man in the center, the tallest of the group, stood up again. In one gauntlet-clad hand, he wordlessly passed a plain envelope to the seated Kaiser. The back bore the wax seal of the MoMA. Loki broke it and read the letter.

For the newly appointed Kaiser Loki 2.1/III/IV/Innumerable,

I am overjoyed to hear of your ascension to the throne. I have looked forward to it for much time, and I knew you would take it eventually. Personally, I am glad it happened peacefully and without much controversy.

Onto more official matters, a detachment of Yardistani soldiers is being sent fast after these five men to replace the current Shirekeep guards, as per your request. Under my direction, they are some of the best trained and outfitted soldiers around Shireroth - second only to these five men hopefully standing before you now.

These five are your new personal guard, also as requested. Do not be alarmed or put off by their stoic demeanor. Between you and me, they are some of the best drinkers I've ever met, even for Black Slayers - and that's saying quite a bit, considering they are immune to the poisonous effects of alcohol! I'm sure they can introduce themselves. They are now yours, and follow orders exclusively given by you or, in your stead, the Steward.

Your humble servant,
Duke Prodigy Almighty, Minister of Military Affairs
The man furthest to the left, a fresh young man with buzzed black hair, stood from his kneel. "I am Gold Elite Takos Ornith, and I pledge my sole allegiance to the crown of the Kaiser."

Furthest to the right, the dark-skinned man and shortest of the bunch stood up, lights playing across various scars on his completely bald head. He stood with a rigid, rock-hard posture, staring straight ahead with slate gray eyes as he announced in a resounding basso, "I am Gold Elite Hellim Morhan, and I pledge my sole allegiance to the crown of the Kaiser."

The man to Takos' side stood up. He had blond hair that reached his powerfully built jaw, and he smiled a little as he said, "I am Silver Elite Karl Terramore, and I pledge my sole allegiance to the crown of the Kaiser."

Next to Hellim, a soldier who had obviously seen his fair share of battle pushed himself up from the floor. He looked rather unassuming enough, a man of brown hair and eyes, rather plain features, and he could easily be mistaken for at least three other people of his exact description. "I am Gold Elite Roger Fathers, and I pledge my sole allegiance to the crown of the Kaiser."

Already standing, the older man nodded, blue eye shining with the emotion he hid from his face. he spoke with a twinge of a British accent. "I am Platinum Elite Stanley Dodge, commander of these men, and I hereby pledge my sole allegiance to the crown of the Kaiser. What is your wish, Your Niftiness?"

Somehow, he managed to use the Kaiser's title and maintain his stern demeanor.

They're all yours, Your Niftiness! :thumbsup
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

Kaiser Loki III

Re: Taking Charge!

Post by Kaiser Loki III »

The Kaiser stood up - too quickly, stumbling on the fringe of his rather tattered old cape. Faster than the eye could see an armored hand reached over--- and steadied him on his feet.

Surprised, pleased, he saluted his new guard.
"At ease, at ease, gentlemen."
He knew his person was safe from Babkhans, and he'd put this group up against SS or boogeymen any day.
Loki III, Kaiser of Shireroth
"Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est."
The Awaited One, Bearer of the Sword
Traditional King of the Mala'anje
Prince of Hvalafell
Lord Protector of Yardistan
Vryheer of Maraguo

Return to “Ministry of Military Affairs”