Project Ikol

Handles national defense and recwars
Krasniy Yastreb

Project Ikol

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

I am pleased to inform the Minister that the MoMA SDI facility at Novaya Sorensk recently conducted a successful test firing of the Ikol Mk.1 Anti Ballistic Missile over the Central Sea. (see here for diagram of the prototype). The use of a booster vehicle to accelerate the Ikol to ramjet speed is only envisaged as an interim measure, while we develop railgun technology to achieve the acceleration in a more instant and reliable fashion. However the booster vehicle shall also be further developed, as an orbital launch platform for early warning satellites.

I trust and hope this progress is at present satisfactory.
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: Project Ikol

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Your MoMA is not only pleased but deliriously happy. Both the missile and indeed the logo are excellent.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Krasniy, this is fantastic. Why in Zurvan's name are you not Babkhan???

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Surely because Babkha has never been a home to Communists. Wait... :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

But, the rotting corpses of the Tudeh kuffars not withstanding, Krasniy has been a Babkhan - often against his will, in fact I believe on both occassions against his will and probably without his knowledge, as part of the old protectorate arrangements (Zhivagosk? I & II). :evil

Something was bound to have rubbed off during that time.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

It is more than probable that his interests and intellectual strengths "happen" to mesh well with you ideals. However, it would seem that our Comrade is quite inventive all on his own.

Krasney--this is amazing. I can't wait until the test-firing. That should be really impressive!!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Yes, but as the quote goes: "Shakespeare is not truly appreciated unless presented in the original Babkhi."

By this I mean that Babkha's manner is such that we lay claim to those good things we see. That our talent for revision is such that those good things must be Babkhan in nature, even if they are not aware of it.

So in that light Carol, All things valued by Babkha are in fact Babkhan in their essence. Since Babkha is responsible for all that is great.

(This requires a bit of "double-think" to properly explain)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I understand. It's like Chekov claiming all the great inventions for Russ5a, or the misquote actually by the Klingon commander--"Shakespeare is not truly appreciated unless presented in the original KIlingon." ( Funny because Klingon has no verb meaning "to be.")

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Exactly, Only that quote IS originally Babkhan. ;)

(I thought the quote from TS-UDC was great on it's own, but the bit about the verb issue does make it hilarious!)

Krasniy Yastreb

There's a little bit of Babkha in every micronationalist. My own Babkhanism has been cultivated by the good *disclaimer* Mr.Osmani ever since the days of Baracao's Third Republic. My acquisition of Babkhanism on paper via the Zhivagovsk treaties (of which I was indeed unaware) was a mere formality...

However, Shireroth remains moya dorogaya rodina. Gods Save The Kaiser.
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ MoMA SDI Director

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Yes, and fortunately for all concerned, Shireroth and Babkha enjoy a very good relationship. So in essence, you're as much Shirerithian as you are Babkhan. Everyone wins!

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

This is quite beautiful. I especially like the shield with the lightning bolt designs. You've made our flag look sorta good, and that's no mean accomplishment.

You may, at some point, want to bring some of this to the Micronational Astronomy Society

Krasniy Yastreb

Indeed, the MAS might made my job easier this time round. During the days of the Zemlyan GKI I had to read up on all the astrodynamic theory myself and then apply it specifically to Micras. It ended up taking the majority of my micronational time. If (i.e. when) I go into orbital stuff with this project, I'll need to liaise with the MAS anyway; they appear to have established one or two new standards since my time...
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ MoMA SDI Director

Return to “Ministry of Military Affairs”