[Classified : Inifinit Space Initiative] The Ouroboros Array

Handles national defense and recwars
Leo Fenrir

[Classified : Inifinit Space Initiative] The Ouroboros Array

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Leo tapped the screen, pulling up a file attachment that had been personally delivered to him on a USB key by the lead scientist from the Liberty Center. Despite the letter he had just read his eyes grew wide.
Lord Dine,
As requested I this message will have the latest details of the Ouroboros project that you have commission and I am glad to say that the results are above the levels of effectiveness then we expected. We have taken every precaution to ensure that no information about the project and all research is being conducted on a secure network. I have also been informed that Ground Zero has begun the production of a few prototype 'surge' satellites. I will keep you informed of further developments.

On another note I wish to address the issue of public presentation. I'm sure you realize we can't announce that we are planning to build one of the most weapons of all time and hope for the best. Maybe if you were to consider unveiling it as a defensive structure, that would to take out dangerous asteroids or comets, that it should be much more readily accepted. But that is just my suggestion.

Reagrds,
Project Leader Terry Brooks
[CLASSIFIED ISI]

PROJECT : Ouroboros Array

CLASSIFICATION : Super-weapon

OUTLINE : The Ouroboros Array is a weapon consisting of several satellites in low geo-sycronus orbit capable of firing a beam of ionized high energy particles within a half of a meter's precession on Micras. The effective power of this weapon can be regulated to produce a destructive force equivalent to up too three atomic bombs. [This statistic is merely an approximation that will be further refined upon advancements in the field.]

DESIGN : The array is planned to be constituted of twenty 'surge' satellites and one main 'pulse' satellite that, acts as the focus for the array. The 'surge' satellites are tubular in design each sporting an individual power source and superconducting coils. The 'pulse' satellite is the same as a 'surge' with the addition of a second set of coils capable of diverting the beam to the targeted location.

FUNCTION : When activated it can take up to 7 hours for all the components to position themselves in the ring shape. Once in place the 'surge's charge the coils creating a magnetic field. Once charged, the 'pulse' sends a pulse of low energy particles counterclockwise (relative to pole) along the ring to ensure perfect alinement and to remove free floating space debris. Once synchronization is achieved the 'pulse' begins firing particles along the ring, each 'surge' additionally boosting the beam and redirecting it to the next surge.

FIRING : The Ouroboros can take up to ten minutes to reach full potential energy. Once this point is reached the 'pulse' switches the power to the second set of coils that deflect in the desired direction. The discharge of energy takes five seconds in total. During this period the beam of high energy particles are ionized on passage through the ionosphere and impacts with the target. The charge in the particles causes a localized Electro Magnetic Pulse and localized fission of Oxygen atoms which cause the explosion.

DISADVANTAGES : Due to triangulation issues and the restriction of the ring shape the 'pulse' must be directly over the target to fire. The time to position all the components properly mean that it would be impossible to aim at moving target. Also because the Ouroboros must reside in low orbit, it is estimated that the charged beam would become visible on Micras as an arc of light, approximately seven minutes before firing.

ADVANTAGES : Bo0o/\/\ !!! And other tactical stuff.

UNDEVELOPED COMPONENTS : Almost all of the technology to construct the components to this project are currently only in their theoretic stages and construction is dependent on the completion of Project OAsIS. The most notable components however are the power cells and the targeting and positioning systems. The ISI will be collaborating with Jotun on the development of the power cells and Project OAsIS.

Leo Fenrir

Re: [Classified : Inifinit Space Initiative] The Ouroboros Array

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Lord Dine,
We have just confirmed that there exists a major flaw in our current design of the Array. We have all research teams working on trying to overcome the issue but the mechanism that seems to be required is beyond our current levels of mechanics. There is however an alternative that you may wish to consider. EDEN has just completed its analysis of the Kaiser Ayreon and has determined that it is armed with an Ion cannon that seems to be of the same design as the "Pulse" satellite. If we were somehow able to get our hands on the blue prints I'm sure that we could make significant advancements in the field.

Regards,
Project Leader Terry Brooks

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

*hides old CIS blueprints*

No one will ever find them under that url tag, I truely am a genius.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

[MoMAD IIIA.] Imperial Defence Administration wrote:MoMA Confiscation Notice

In compliance with MoMA Order 3820/001 the aforementioned "Ouroboros Array", or such trace elements as still survive, having been determined by the MoMA to be associated with and integral to the Defence Space Initiative (DSI), is hereby confiscated and appropriated by MoMAD IC.;

Inquiries regarding this confiscation order are to be forwarded to MoMAD IIIA. Sub-Section D, Claims Department, DSI Team, Duty Clerk, Cluster 9, Routing Team 6, PO BOX RM101 for forwarding to the MoMAD IIIA. Directorate of the Commissariat, Directorate of the Commissariat Secretariat, DSI Working Group, which shall have ten working ASC years from in which to reply from the moment of receipt of the initial inquiry from the Duty Clerk of Cluster 9, Routing Team 6 of the DSI Team.

Return to “Ministry of Military Affairs”