RoMEo

Handles national defense and recwars
Leo Fenrir

RoMEo

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Project RoMEo

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Board, Esteemed Count Oroigawa. It is my pleasure to announce to you the launch of RoMEo. Our goal you ask? To make the ISI the lead organization of Shireroth in leading expeditions and cutting edge research in space. We have a ways to go though before this dream can come to fruition. The launch of the Horus probe, while inspirational, only succeeded because we were able to scavenge the scraps of technology from previous installations. This is not what I want for the ISI. The Infinite Space Initiative is to be a beacon for all, to pave the path of ascension to the heavens. This cannot be achieved if we build this path out of sticks, so that our work crumbles behind us as we press onwards, leaving us stranded.

"One step at a time. An old and overused saying, but one that holds infinite wisdom. RoMEo is aimed to provide the basic structures, and technology to sustain continued expeditions into and back out of orbit. The first step in the project is : Refurbish. There are many rockets and shuttles that are scattered through the darker corners of the past. I hope to get these long forgotten assets cataloged and back into commission. The second step : Modernize. We have some of the worlds greatest scientists at our disposal as well as the funds to work with! While conventional methods will have to do for now, the future holds hundreds of options. Magnetic rail launches, the long awaited dream of the elevator into space! Last : Expand. We are small. I will be frank and say we have yet to make an impact, to leave a mark. I hope to have a minimum of four operational launch sites at our disposal along with a stockpile of boosters by the end of this project.

"Launching along side of RoMEo will be a full implementation of the 'three keys' policy. No launch sequence will begin without remote authorization from one of the three bearers. This is to ensure the safety of our assets and the public. My final announcement for the day is that the ISI will be setting up its central offices in Eliria.

"May I assure you all that details of the project's progression will be forthcoming and released publicly. My our thoughts soar ever higher, ever faster.

"Thank you."

[I had a story that went along with this but unfortunately it got lost in last night's wipe and I wasn't in the mood to rewrite it.]
Leo Fenrir

Leo Fenrir

Re: RoMEo

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Stage 1 : Confirm Permanent ISI Sites.

Report : Minister Dine has managed to secure three sites of interest for the ISI from which to operate. These locations shall be cordoned off to the public and only authorized personal will have access. Construction on the sites shall be beginning shortly.

Leonardo Central Command

Central Command shall be the site of all the major administrative operations of the ISI.
Envisioned accommodations:
-Central Operations Building
-Communications Outpost (Inter-Planetary Capabilities)
-High atmospheric launch capabilities for tactical missiles of the purely defensive nature. [See 'Envisioned Range' for more details.]

Liberty Aerospace Research Center

Liberty will host the collective projects and research initiatives of the ISI.
-Aerospace Lab
-Astrophysics Lab
-High atmospheric launch capabilities for tactical missiles of the purely defensive nature. [See 'Envisioned Range' for more details.]
-Geostationary and geosynchronous launch capabilities for low mass loads.

ISI Ground Zero

Ground Zero will support all major ISI launches.
-Geostationary and geosynchronous launch capabilities for high mass loads.
-Manufacturing and production facilities.
-Fuel refineries.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Envisioned Range & Accuracy

Report : A basic evaluation of our current technology has allowed us to calculate an estimate of our High Atmospheric Missiles. The predictions are as follows with the accuracy displayed in white.

Leonardo Central Control

ISI Ground Zero

Liberty Aerospace Center

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Nifty...

Can you launch a television satelite in the sky? :angel
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

In due time. But the answer is yes. Project PIP will focus of telecommunications and information transmission.
Leo Fenrir

Leo Fenrir

RoMEo

Post by Leo Fenrir »

High Altitude Cruisers [HAC]

Report : HAC Missiles are a defensive measure put in place by the ISI to serve two goals. First is to act as an extremely precise anti-missile system used to protect our assets in space and second to act as a defense against larger space debris that falls out of orbit.

Design :

Main delivery vehicle is equipped with standard thrusters and an additional of stabilizing wings to minimize fuel required and to maximize precision. At the point of impact the missile releases its payload of smaller explosives.

Function : The HACs are designed to create barrages of explosives which will detonate incoming missiles or to bombard large pieces of space debris so as to fragment them to the point they will not pose a threat. The HACs also happen to second as high precision bombers though Micras-bound targets are not advised.

Delivery : Due to its initial launch into high altitude and its wings, HACs are able to coast at high speeds all the way to an intended target without extravagant amounts of fuel. Final estimations of the HAC systems show a 0.5m uncertainty on impact accuracy [this statistic was in relation to the delivery vehicle as the barrage can expand to almost 20 meters].
I promise that my drawing will get better...

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I'm truly impressed, Leo. Good job. *clap*
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Kostalan Rottsaa

Post by Kostalan Rottsaa »

Good content, and good drawings. Better than anything I've ever come up with. :thumbsup
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Bocaj: You are the Spiral Nemesis, Reynardine! You are the end of all things!
HEIL KAISER!

Leo Fenrir

RoMEo

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Leonardo Central Command

Report : Construction of Leonardo Center is almost complete with only the transmission and communications station in its final stages. All 10 HAC silos are fully operational, EDEN is up and running, and central command has served its first pot of tea.

A model of the site was made for public display.

EDEN [Extensive Di-nodal Electronic Network]

Report : ISI has developed a semi-autonomous network dubbed EDEN which consists of a series processing nodes that have been integrated into individual systems allowing each system to continue functioning at maximum potential while EDEN maintains constant control and access.

Development : The EDEN central supercomputer is located on site at Leonardo center. The unit has been fully integrated into the host building so as to allow easy maintenance. The current version of the program that is running EDEN is a Boolean script which will replaced with a primitive AI when time and resources permit.

Accessibility : Because EDEN is integrated into all ISI systems and vehicles, access to the mainframe is available from any major building. Privileges are given through a hierarchy system with only one of the 'three keys' allowing any major system changes. Because of this, all launches and orders are conducted through the EDEN system.
And thank you both. :)

Leo Fenrir

RoMEo

Post by Leo Fenrir »

[Liberty Aerospace Research Center Report] Rocket Systems

Report : Development of two major steering systems are under way for use on all ISI rockets and propulsion systems. These two models have been dubbed 'Mono-Thrust' and 'Penta-Thrust'. Both systems utilize the same fuel and combustion mechanism the significant difference being the number of nozzles, fuel tanks, and applicable uses.

Mono-Thrust

Report : The mono-thrust model relies on a single combustion engine for propulsion and uses adjustable fins/wings to adjust its course. Since the calculations for these adjustments are simple enough they can be handled by ground based processing units.

Pros :
-Minimization of construction materials
-Directional programs can be ground based
-Cost-Effective

Cons :
-Requires an atmosphere (useless in space)
-Requires constant link to central computers and calculation correction or trajectory will deviate

Application : Main uses would include integration into the HAC system and other projectiles not intended for orbital or interplanetary voyages.

Design :

Penta-Thrust

Report : The penta-thrust model relies on two separate combustion engine for propulsion. The main engine provides the forwards propulsion while the secondary engine can allocate thrust to any of the four directional nozzles. This allows for fine-tuned steering in a vacuum environment. Allocation of thrust is a highly sophisticated calculation that requires an on-board processing unit to manage.

Pros :
-Effective in Space
-Self-Correcting Trajectory
-Capable of storing enough fuel for interplanetary travel

Cons :
-Costly to build
-Ineffective in an atmosphere

Application : Main uses would include integration into current orbital launches and other payloads destined for space.

Design :

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

[MoMAD IIIA.] Imperial Defence Administration wrote:MoMA Confiscation Notice

In compliance with MoMA Order 3820/001 the aforementioned "RoMEo", as well as any and all associated works and facilities, having been determined by the MoMA to be associated with and integral to the Defence Space Initiative (DSI), is hereby confiscated and appropriated by MoMAD IC.;

Inquiries regarding this confiscation order are to be forwarded to MoMAD IIIA. Sub-Section D, Claims Department, DSI Team, Duty Clerk, Cluster 9, Routing Team 6, PO BOX RM101 for forwarding to the MoMAD IIIA. Directorate of the Commissariat, Directorate of the Commissariat Secretariat, DSI Working Group, which shall have ten working ASC years from in which to reply from the moment of receipt of the initial inquiry from the Duty Clerk of Cluster 9, Routing Team 6 of the DSI Team.

Return to “Ministry of Military Affairs”