Micron Race

Home to the University's gaming club, which just so happens to be making their own gaming system.
Bill3000

Micron Race

Post by Bill3000 »

Right. I'm trying to create a Micron Race for D&D. However, I want it to be a basic race with no level adjustment, so balance is a concern. Here's what I have:

Micron
* Medium-sized, base speed 30
* -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom - Microns are frailer than humans, but are more insightful and perceptive.
* +2 Knowledge: religion - The micron race is very devout toward their religion, a micron "teenager" easily having enough information to become an Acolyte if she wants to.
* +2 Knowledge: architecture and engineering - Microns have an innate predisposal toward technology, the average micron knowing more about engineering than the average human.
* +2 Diplomacy - Microns tend to be more empathatic toward other creaters, allowing them to convince others more easily.
* +2 Will Save - The unique micron way of thought makes it harder for them to fall to mind tricks.
* 1/day cure minor wounds, cure light wounds (10+ wis req. for CMW, 11+ wis req. for CLW) - The micron's innate power of Hypon allows her to cast some minor healing spells, even if she isn't a divine caster.
* 1 extra healing spell per spell level per day - A Micron divine caster can take advantage of Hypon readily, making healing spells come much easier to her.
* Normal vision - Microns have no special vision, their eyes being no more keener than humans.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Garla Mercon - Microns have their own language, Garla Mercon, the modern distinct form of Garla Solarian.
* Selectable Languages: Celestial, Orc, Elven, Infernal, Garla Solarian - Microns know the languages of their enemies (Orc/Infernal) as well as the language of their close friends, the elves. They also are unique in being able to learn the ancient tongue of their close ancestrial relatives, the Solarians, a magical language.
* Favored Class: Cleric - Many Microns are part of the Lum'Eir clan, a clan focusing toward healing the planet's denizens and devoted to Holy Light.

(Garla Mercon is added as a selectable language for humans/half elves/elves, Garla Solarian is unique to microns)
Please tell me if something is too overpowering or the like.
Last edited by Bill3000 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Actually, the -2 Con is a huge drawback. That's a big drop in fort save and in hp over time, and it isn't entirely offset by the +2 Wis. I'd add in a +2 Cha or a +Int on top of it, or some other abilities (like skill bonuses, for instance). Perhaps something like an extra 2 skill points per level, considering how few Clerics receive?

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Edited a bit.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Return to “The 400 Wing”