Personal Attributes

Home to the University's gaming club, which just so happens to be making their own gaming system.
Kaiseress Semisa I

Personal Attributes

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

These are what are commonly referred to as "stats" in a variety of games. Dungeons and Dragons uses six (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma). White Wolf uses nine (Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Intelligence, Perception, Wits, Appearance, Manipulation, and Composure).

I'd like to use fifteen, as follows:

Three categories of attributes: Mental, Physical, and Social. In each, there are five types of attribute: Power, Coordination, Finesse, Resistance, and Endurance. Some of these may seem redundant, but let me explain.

Power indicates the force of the category. Coordination indicates coarse motor control. Finesse indicates fine motor control. Resistance indicates one's resistance to the category. And Endurance indicates how long one will last while actively using this category.

In the Physical category:
Power: Strength
Coordination: Agility
Finesse: Dexterity
Resistance: Fortitude
Endurance: Stamina

In the Mental category:
Power: Intelligence
Coordination: Logic
Finesse: Wits
Resistance: Concentration
Endurance: Resolve

In the Social category:
Power: Appearance
Coordination: Presence
Finesse: Charm
Resistance: Stoicism
Endurance: Charisma

I'd like to rate these on a 1-10 scale, with all characters starting at 2 or 3, and going from there. Better ideas as time goes on.
Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo. --St. Augustine

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

That's quite a leap, going from 6 and 9, to FIFTEEN. Hehe. I like it though. No major qualms with it.
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Return to “The 400 Wing”