Wanted Land

Maps Shireroth's land and interacts with the worldwide Micronational Cartography Society.

Moderator: Shyriath

Jess

Wanted Land

Post by Jess »

Dear people of Shireroth,

It has come to my attention that my nation, Amokolia, has taken over Lesser Automatica, that little island above Benacia. We were wondering if we could have that little spot of yours that is on the Island. (Picture Below)

Could we please have it? (orelse maybe :knife to you) no I'm just joking about the knife thing.

Sincerly,

Prince Jess V

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I can't even find that little island above Benacia, so could you provide a larger map of the region in question? It's too small for me to get much context on just what part of the world we're talking about?

If it's only a tiny bit of our territory, and not occupied currently or steeped in history, I'd likely be willing to part with it.
National Picketer
Hypatia's Mom's Daughter
M.I.A.

Jess

Post by Jess »

(where amokolia is???)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Do we still own that land? It's red, so we must, but I remember nothing being done with it.

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

I think the land is a remnant of the last land reduction in which Elwynn lost a big part of Automatica and Araxion. Ryan decided he wanted to keep a bit as a courtesy county of some sorts, I think. So that's what it is.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Does anyone here have cultural claim over that bit of land? If not, I'm going to decree that we hand itover. Or we could put it before the Landsraad if we wished.
National Picketer
Hypatia's Mom's Daughter
M.I.A.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Hypatia Agnesi wrote:Does anyone here have cultural claim over that bit of land? If not, I'm going to decree that we hand it over. Or we could put it before the Landsraad if we wished.
Maybe we must put it in the Landsraad for consultation.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

It is Elwynnese territory, and I wouldn't like to give that way. But if the Landsraad feels it should go, I won't fight the decision.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

andelarion wrote:It is Elwynnese territory, and I wouldn't like to give that way.
Indeed.
What gives Amokolia in return for that territory?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Nothing, except for their gratitude and friendship.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

What!? No way! We must have something instead!

benkern

Post by benkern »

Protectorate ahoy! :evil
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

benkern wrote:Protectorate ahoy! :evil
What do you mean, mr. Benkern?

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

I believe he's suggesting that Shireroth, in all of its glory, all of its...simply indomitable imperial majesty...might undertake (and this should be no hard task) to reduce Amakolia to a protectorate! After all, since this great realm, undimmed in power, bestrides, as it does, the world, no nation could possibly pluck up the impudence, the gaul to consider it an insult--a laughable jest, containing within it outdated notions of grandeur, even--to be taken under the suzerainty of Shireroth! :jesus
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

benkern

Post by benkern »

Braden knows. :)
By His H47,
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

:D

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

start letting small nations take small chunks of your land now and larger nations will want chunks untill shireroth isn't the biggest and then disappears out of existance... then people cry...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Say no against giving our homeland away!

Braden Indianensis

Jonas, I don't know if you've heard about this, but many people in Micras at one point felt that Shireroth had too much land already. Remember that it spans two continents, and most of that land is not even used. I'm not advocating anything here, I'm simply saying, considering that Shireroth has this huge tract of land, most of which is unused, it might not be entirely reasonable for Shireroth to insist on clinging to

every

last

pixel

of the Empire. :document :)

Jess

Post by Jess »

Braden Indianensis wrote:might undertake (and this should be no hard task) to reduce Amakolia to a protectorate!

WHAT??????

Amokolia is unbreakable!!!!

Protectorate? Don't Shun my nation! We are a proud people, frankly, I think if this doesnt pass, well should I say... :knife

LICENTIA PRO TOTUS!!!

(P.S. Don't EVER spell our name wrong)

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

HM Jess V, maybe he ment another country :fish

That little spot is from the Barony of Cromsfist(if I have it right) and is perfect for a military base :evil

Braden Indianensis

HM Jess V wrote:
Braden Indianensis wrote:might undertake (and this should be no hard task) to reduce Amakolia to a protectorate!

WHAT??????

Amokolia is unbreakable!!!!

Protectorate? Don't Shun my nation! We are a proud people, frankly, I think if this doesnt pass, well should I say... :knife

LICENTIA PRO TOTUS!!!

(P.S. Don't EVER spell our name wrong)
Your Excellency will please be advised that my statement was absolutely dripping with sarcasm. :)

Maximos Qutreh Bar Idwhar

Post by Maximos Qutreh Bar Idwhar »

I'm not sure whether or not you guys should give land away at all- I don't know a great deal about your nation but I do know that if you start giving provinces away, their counts and local rulers will begin to become inactive (just hazarding a guess).
Regards,
His Excellency Maximos Qutreh Bar Idwharioun, Grand Vizier of the Zatriarchate of Matbaa
http://www.zatriarchate.uni.cc

Braden Indianensis

Inactive! I'd sure hate for that to happen, gee whiz!

Zate, the vast majority of their provinces are uninhabited.

Jess

Post by Jess »

I know this may not sound like much but, Weve got 2 citizens in the last week! That makes all of our provinces inhabeted!

Jess

Post by Jess »

So can we have the land or not? I need a reply before April 20th orelse :knife [sarcasm]And I mean it this time[/sarcasm]

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I find that the Landsraad must decide and I'm not so for the idea to give this land away for nothing *Hint hint ;) *.

Jess

Post by Jess »

What exactly do you want? :confused

benkern

Post by benkern »

benkern wrote:Protectorate ahoy! :evil
=P
By His H47,

Jess

Post by Jess »

We may have to become a protectorate. Were not growing or anything, stuck in a rut. If we do become a protectorate of Shireroth this would be our flag:

Return to “Directorate of Cartography”