Some visual arts for you, suckas

Center for the literary arts, poetry, and prose, named after the late, beloved Lady Carol of Nova Dalmacija.
Shyriath

Some visual arts for you, suckas

Post by Shyriath »

I pair of images I came up with using MojoWorld. I call this planet Vincarna; the actual surface is pretty boring so far, but the sky is looking like it'll be pretty crazy.

Image[/img]

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Erm. Sorry, the images turned out to be wider than I thought...

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

:o

What program again? Mojoworld? What's that?
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Impressive. Really.
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I'm hoping MojoWorld can export so we can get an even higher quality image. My friend Cole is doing 3d graphics in college and has a $4000 computer I could use to render it. :P
CENSOR'D

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

MojoWorld is a program that generates planets, and elements thereof, from fractals. It's awesome, but expensive as PRH... I got it back when I had a job. I'm not very good with it, really, but I like the sense of power. "Behold, for I am your GOD, little virtual planet!!!"

I checked the export options to see what's going on there. Apparently I can export the terrain as a mesh for a 3D program, but I'm not sure whether the sky would go with it, and the sky is the best part of this world.

However, there might be a different option: although MojoWorld as a whole is expensive, I believe that Pandromeda (the company that makes it) also makes a free MojoWorld Viewer that allows you to explore (and, I think, render scenes from) any planet that someone's made using MojoWorld. If it's like MojoWorld, it has five render quality settings, of which I can only get up to the third without abandoning all hope of seeing a render.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Make Micras, please. :no
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

That, I have no way of doing. MojoWorld generates planets fractally; you can tweak the variables to alter the general "look" of planetary features, and you can even import certain settings and terrains and stick them onto one portion of a planet, but you can't directly alter the world to make it look a specific way... or at least, not on the kind of scale you'd need to reproduce Micras.

Sorry. If I could, I would've done it long ago. :P

Return to “Carol Hall”