Brainstorming: Everything In General

...where great ideas evolve
Kaiseress Semisa I

Brainstorming: Everything In General

Post by Kaiseress Semisa I »

I wish I were back in radio. I miss all the traffic reporting, high-strung activity of it.

People who designed computer training should be drug out into the street and shot. With low-calibre bullets so they die slower. God, the mind-numbing-ness of it all.

More as time permits.
Last edited by Kaiseress Semisa I on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo. --St. Augustine

Kaiseress Semisa I

Come to think of it, speaking of bullets: bullets are designed to spin on coming out of the barrel of a gun to increase accuracy. Couldn't one put flights on one instead? And wouldn't that increase the damage of a bullet?

Especially if they were bladed metal flights. Hm.

Someone who knows physics better than I do enlighten me.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I really wish I could get the Cedrist Church moving, but no one seems to really care but me. I mean, people help me with my efforts, but...well, it always seems like it's my ideas, instead of a mutual effort. I'd really like for the church to be more than just my ideas and opinions.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I should also see about getting KSHR up and running again. Now that I can do 'casts myself, due to the wonderful thing that is a USB headset, I can potentially do that sort of thing. Maybe even do a Shirithian add-in to KZFO. Or a branch, or spin off or something.

Hm.

I can almost feel my brain melting away. God, this is boring.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I could even do a branch of Microscope, if Scott would let me.

I should talk to him about that.

I also need to talk to Greg, about getting moderatorships for the counties and baronies and duchies set up correctly. I mean, I could probably do it myself, but I'm LAZY.

Ooh, I turn 22 on Saturday. God. I'm old. And it certainly doesn't help that my little sister is 11. REALLY old.

I mean, I remember the "Mario Show" theme song. What's wrong with me?

Kaiseress Semisa I

You know, an inquisition would be interesting. Or a civil war. We haven't had one of those in a while. Actually, since my last Kaisership. Hm.

Someone get angry with me and start a war. But we should make it a civil Civil RecWar. Like the Mog Rebellion.

Hm.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I wonder what I'll do when I give up the Throne. I mean, my old job is taken, and I don't really want it anymore either.

I suppose I could go to the Ministry of Trade. That's one I haven't had yet. I could ask Erik for the Provost position, but it's kinda...well, defunct at the moment. No one's used it yet. GET USING IT DAMMIT.

//ahem

Jesus, this online training thing is written in Flash.

You know, that's an interesting idea. Could we do a Flash version of the guide to Shireroth we have? That'd be interesting and interactive, and potentially better attention holding than the current plaintext one we have right now.

Ideas?

Kaiseress Semisa I

We should also get some classes going in the JM3U. And do an auction on eBay to raise funds. We could even set those funds aside and use them for the next big crisis the way that Attera did with ASAAF.

I mean, we've all got things that are worth something that we're not using.

But we're all broke too.

Hm.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I also need to figure out how to do custom templates for the fora. It'd be interesting, at the least, and it'd let me do nifty things with the subfora and such, especially with overrides.

Last.fm is an interesting site: charts your music and such.

I wonder if we could use it on RealLife Radio to track what we play. Make one account for the whole station.

It'd certainly be interesting.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I wonder what other nifty things we can do to the fora with mods. I mean, we can add the cash mod, we can do things like quick reply...but what else can we do? Is it possible to integrate ShireFox into the fora?

Speaking of ShireFox, is it possible to make it agree with ampersands enough to reactivate the "Forum Actions" menu? And what other things can I do to it? Weather forecasts? "Today's Date" in Gregorian, Shirithian, and ASC calendars? Notification of recent posts made? Wiki RSS feed support? FORUM RSS feed support? An administrator version that includes quick access to the Administration panel and/or FTP support? The ability to turn specific drop downs on or off?

All of these things are possible...but can I code them?

//sigh

Maybe I should get a book on XML. And another on JS.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Wow. I really am rambling. I wasn't expecting to go on this long. Oh well. I'm saying some things I wouldn't normally think about anyway.

AND I'm getting work done. Strange, isn't it?

I should get my bike up here, and start riding it to work. I'm not that far.

I could certainly use the exercise.

I miss gaming too. I wanna play D&D or something White Wolf pretty badly. Mostly because it's a kind of social interaction, something I have very little of these days.

Through no fault of my own, of course. There's just no one around here to do stuff with.

Oh, and stepping back a second: Scott, if I were to do an iTunes skin that was Shireroth themed, I'd call it iRoth, not ShireTunes.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I'll bet no one even reads this. It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest.

Perhaps I'll use it as a resource to dredge ideas out of now and again. Perhaps this will start a grand rambling tradition. Who knows?

We've got enough traditions already, though. Enough that not all of them are honored anymore.

In fact, that's a pretty fundamental issue with Shireroth: we're so vested in our traditions that sometimes they get in the way of getting things done. And, as we all know, Getting Things Done is the key to micronationalism.

Or, at least, the appearance of such.

Kaiseress Semisa I

The Wiki is certainly seeing some strange activity. There's a lot of articles that need to be written, but no one's writing them. In the meantime, a lot of people are writing articles about things that they care about that no one else necessarily does.

It's a strange state of affairs, let me tell you.

But, as WikiAdmin, I suppose it's my duty to get people active on it.

GET ACTIVE DAMN YOU DAMN YOU MALARBOR AND THE KAISERESS DEMAND IT.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Back from lunch.

As predicted, no replies.

Probably my best bet upon leaving the Throne will be the Ministry of Trade, which is amusing because it's the only Ministry I've never wanted. After my failed attempts at pushing an economy forward in the Free Territories, I haven't touched the subject with a ten-foot pole. I suppose it's probably my recent interactions with GaiaOnline that have even brought the idea forward.

I think a post-based economy's worth a shot. But then again, we've survived this long without one: why do we really need one?

Well, to be honest, its because I want one. And because of a conversation I had with someone who isn't involved in micronationalism, but was interested: he told me that "Well, if there's no economics, that certainly takes out a great deal of interaction between nations."

Kaiseress Semisa I

I've started something--on my own time--that's kinda interesting: I'm converting "The Siege of the Questing Stone" into a Neverwinter Nights campaign, where you take the part of Ravius.

After I (finally) read "Unaimed Arrow", I may do the same with that.

I think our military could make great strides in that direction: creating Shrithian (or even just micronational) mods for games. I'd certainly like to run around Shirekeep in MechWarrior 4, or be a Hunter of the Stag in Neverwinter Nights or Morrowind. Even something like playing as Shireroth in Civilization, or having a Shireroth map for Starcraft, or a Shireroth (or Micras) region in SimCity 4.

The problem these days with micronations is that they're so static. We need to bring back the dynamicism of years past, the attitude of, "We haven't tried that: let's do it!" I think we could do a lot of really interesting things that way.

I mean, what about a Shireroth themed WinAmp skin? Or a FireFox plugin (well, how about upgrading the one we have)? A radio station ("The Sound from Benacia")? Audio reproductions of works like Mogbeth? In-depth history--instead of just "this Kaiser, then this Kaiser, then this one", what did each of those Kaisers do? What about broadening our presence on the internet? Tourism? Interactivity? A Shirithian webcomic?

Kaiseress Semisa I

I mean, that's the main issue with micronationalism in general: not enough people involved. We need to find a way to get people attracted, then get them involved, and then get them hooked. And you know, for all the ideas I've got, I don't know if any of them will do it, with the possible exception of the webcomic.

I just wish I had more ideas, sometimes.

I mean, I always think of myself as an idea-man, but in this case, I've got nothing. And that's kinda...well, kinda disheartening.

If anyone else can come up with anything, that'd be much appreciated, and would probably net a knightship from the Throne.

Speaking of Knightships, I should decree my changes to the Knight-structure soon. I've got some stunning ideas with that. Maybe I'll go do that now.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Kaiseress, there will probably never be enough micronationalists. The sort of people who would be interested in micronationalism are a dying breed, especially in the United States--that is, intelligent, imaginative, creative people.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Kaiseress Semisa I

Changes to the Knightships are done.

Chances are, it won't be received well, but I don't care. For once, I'm going to have a spine and tell everyone to eat it.

After all, I am Kaiser.

Besides, for too long now, the Knightships have just been awards that have no real end. Now, they have purpose and meaning, and by receiving awards, you may actually gain political power.

Institution of meritocratic process.

And Baldwin, I know there aren't enough micronationalists. But Shireroth is so much more than a state, which is what micronationalists are usually interested in--the government. We have so much more to offer: our nation, our culture, our niftiness.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I'm considering doing a similar change to the Celestis Award, except granting them a modicum of power within the MINT. I suppose I could do something similar with the Order of the Griffin (for non-Shirithian micronationalists) and granting them influence within the MiniEx, but that'd be complex and unnerving. Power should stay within the borders.

The thing is, what power could I give to the Celesteans within the MINT? The ability to supercede the MINT's decision? That's kinda ridiculous. Or what about granting them power over tourism and divorcing the tourism part of the ministry from the MINT? That idea has some potential.

Hm.

Kaiseress Semisa I

The thing there is, how would I actually give them power? Via a Landsraad-esque structure? Let them figure it out for themselves? First-come, first-serve?

Jesus.

I supppose the organization would be small enough that there wouldn't really be need for a structure anyway.

My brain is really fried now. Damn work. Damn computer training. Ugh.

Kaiseress Semisa I

And so begins DAY TWO of training. Another eight hours in front of a computer reading things I already know. Excellent.

That is, that's what it would be if it actually worked. Half the time, the lessons won't even load.

So it looks like my ideas for Knightships went over well. That's good.

Now I just need to reinstate a few Kampioens. After all, what's a Kaiser without his protectors?

Kaiseress Semisa I

It's funny: I was expecting a huge uproar because of high-echelon Knights being granted Landsraad access. Not just access, but votes. And it never came.

I suppose I should wait a few days, however.

I mean, it seems that Shirithians are getting more and more lax about being on time. Not that it's really that important.

I think I'm going to step down soon, though I don't know the exact date. The Kaisership has sort of lost its interest for me, and besides: I've done what I set out to do. Now I have the Wiki and the economy to work on.

And ShireFox.

God. I have to get that piece of code working. Well, not working, but working better. But in order to do that I have to learn me some XML and JavaScript. More than the meager amount I have already.

It is, after all, my creation, and should be working correctly and beautifully and...yes.

Kaiseress Semisa I

Maybe I'll do that when I go to the library: see if they have any books on XML or JavaScript. I doubt it, but it's worth checking.

Oh, hell, I have to get a library card for this area. The one I've got for Alameda County just isn't going to cut it anymore.

Damn.

//sigh

Coffee Time.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I'm starting to recognize the people at this Starbucks, which probably means they're starting to recognize me.

Excellent.

Depending on how many hours Sears gives me here, I might end up getting a second job. Thinking about doing one as a waiter. I likes me my tips, and I'm certainly charismatic enough (and people-oriented enough) to be able to do well at it.

I don't mean to be egotistical, but it's true: I've been told so.

The other thing I've been thinking about is going into electrical work. Wiring houses and such.

It's something I've had a knack for in the past. Perhaps it's something I could do.

Kaiseress Semisa I

What I should do is go into the Daily Republic (local newspaper) and tell them I'd like to work with them. That is what I really want to go into, after all.

I wish I could get AIM Express to work on this computer. Then I'd have something better to do than talk to myself.

Kaiseress Semisa I

I was looking this thread over. There's actually some really good ideas in here.

Perhaps I'll use this as a storage place to dredge ideas out of now and again.

Ooh!

Better idea.

//flees

Kaiseress Semisa I

Never mind. Apparently I don't have high enough access to create fora.

I was going to create an "Idea Center" that citizens could see and start a thread for each of these things.

In theory, we could use an existing fora...probably the JM3U, or the MoRE. Both are the best places for such things, though I was thinking a subfora of the JM3U (something like "Darwin Hall" (where fine ideas evolve)) would be most appropriate.

And of course, there's the weird little add-in that Darwin Hall is a hall at SSU, the unofficial capital of Shireroth.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

You're an administrator...
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

*pokes the thread*

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

How about that? That's a problem! (not the poking)
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

Return to “Darwin Hall”