[Debate] The Never Ending Argument

...where great ideas evolve
Allot

[Debate] The Never Ending Argument

Post by Allot »

I feel like this will be amusing. The first in our series, today's debate is...

MAC vs. PC
YOUR MODERATOR FOR TODAY IS: Andrew Allot
YOUR JUDGES FOR TODAY ARE: Oroigawa Koreyasu

Please remember to follow the RULES OF DEBATING.

Good luck!
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Leo Fenrir

Re: [Debate] The Never Ending Argument

Post by Leo Fenrir »

I suppose I will offer the opening statement.

Honorable Chairman/Moderator

The side defending "Mac" would like to begin by defining the term. We define "Mac" as both the actual physical product the Mac computer (ie. Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro, etc...) and the pre-installed programs that come with the purchased machine. We would also define the term PC by: "The software produced by Microsoft and the Computers produced by DELL, Hp, etc..." as there are no widely marketed "Microsoft" computers.

The first point we would like to address to prove Mac's superiority over PC is by asking the question which can do more? For a long time the widely accepted view was that Mac excelled in the visual and graphics area while PC maintained a firm position as the 'Business Computer'. This however has changed as Mac introduced its own office suit 'iWork' and offered compatibility with the 'Microsoft Office' even with a few improvements. Also even after offering the branch into the business world, Mac maintained its position as 'the choice' for graphic artists. Not only that but Mac has continued to offer more and more. Now not only can a Mac do what a PC does, but with programs such as: Boot Camp, VC Fusion, and Parallel Desktops it can BE a PC. So I ask: What can a PC do that a Mac CAN'T do?
Leo Fenrir

Return to “Darwin Hall”