Regards from the Ocian Federation

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Matt Kovac

Regards from the Ocian Federation

Post by Matt Kovac »

Greetings,

Allow me introduce myself. I am Matt Kovac President of the Ocian Federation, and it is a great pleasure for me to extend a hand of friendship on behalf of the Ocian Federation to Shireroth. I think the opening of official relations can only be good, and we have had virtually no contact even though Ocia is on Micras. So we consider the opening of these relations an essential dialogue that needs to exist.

I would like to propose to you this treaty:
THE OCIAN FEDERATION

AND

IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH

WHEREAS: The Ocian Federation and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth agree to use their individual influence to back one another's position in international affairs on which they are in agreement, and to support each other in all ways which may be necessary.

This treaty is also provided to as charter for any consulate or embassy which is established between the two nations. These embassies shall be under the sole management of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the nation in
particular, The Ministry of Exterior in Ocia´s case, the Ministry of the Exterior in
Shireroth. Such agencies shall be the exclusive link between the two nations.

Henceforth, to all whom it may concern, be it recognized that the following articles of agreement are entered into in good faith and spontaneously by the governments of the Ocian Federation and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.

1. a. That the Ocian Federation hereby officially recognizes Shireroth as a sovereign, independent and serious micronation, and recognizes its current government as legitimate and legally empowered;

b. That the Imperial Republic of Shireroth hereby officially recognizes the Ocian Federation as a sovereign, independent and serious micronation, and recognizes the President, as its rightful, legitimate
head of state, and also will recognize the Federal Assembly of Ocia as the one and only entity which speaks for the good people of Ocia.

2. That there shall be a perpetual state of friendship and non- aggression between the aforementioned States, and that both parties shall endeavour to peacefully resolve any issues which may occur to estrange them. That either signatory parties shall respect the diplomatic position of the other, as regards the recognition of, and relations with,
other nations and micronations, however trying to follow, whenever possible, the same path, leading, always, to true micronationalism. Both parties compromise to avoid opening relations with nations or micronations which show belligerence towards the other nation.

3. That either micronations shall respect the military, Geographical and political endeavours of the other, insofar as these do not infringe their own military, geographical and political interests. In the event of international strife, both parties shall steadfastly support the other in any efforts to remain neutral.

Signed:

For the Ocian Federation:

For the Imperial Republic of Shireroth:

Warmest Regar,

Matt Kovac
President of the Ocian Federation
http://www.ociagov.proboards75.com/v45index.cgi

Kaiser Hasan I

Re: Regards from the Ocian Federation

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

This treaty is rather involved for an initial contact. I don't think Shireroth can declare complete synergy with Ocian policy.

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

It can seem like that but it really does not as it states

"another's position in international affairs on which they are in agreement"

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Could the Minister of The Exterior and the Honoured Stewart please PM me regarding their thoughts on this?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

To the Hon. Matt Kovacs, President of Ocia,

We offer the following treaty of recognition and non-aggression:

WHEREAS the two countries of the IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH and the OCIAN FEDERATION, having come into contact with one another and and finding their interests to be coincident, do desire to formalize and secure their cordial feelings, they do agree:

FIRST, that each recognize the other as a sovereign and independent country, possessed of all the rights entailed thereby

SECOND, that both countries commit to resolve all mutual disputes peacefully, using a neutral third party agreed to by both should this prove impossible by normal channels

THIRD, that both countries shall remain open and accessible to tourists and other visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues

FOURTH, that both recognize one another as the rightful owner of all territory, real and imaginary, that they claim.

FIFTH, that proper channels of communication shall be opened between them, so as to facilitate dialogue and future cooperation.

SIXTH, the OCIAN FEDERATION shall never participate in an attack upon the holdings of Shireroth.

(To be ratified by the constitutional proceedures of each)

Standing in for the MiniEx and His Niftiness,
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Ah! Ok, you already got to this...Thank you, m'lord.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yeah, but I have no answer from Pres. Kovacs, so I don't want to take it formally into the Landsraad yet.
Jacobus Loki
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

I see this treaty as compliant with Ocain Foreign Policy and Procedure and I am ready to sign.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

We will formallyt submit it to the Landsraad.
Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Approved by the Landsraad, 5-0. :)
Jacobus Loki

Matt Kovac

Post by Matt Kovac »

WHEREAS the two countries of the IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH and the OCIAN FEDERATION, having come into contact with one another and and finding their interests to be coincident, do desire to formalize and secure their cordial feelings, they do agree:

FIRST, that each recognize the other as a sovereign and independent country, possessed of all the rights entailed thereby

SECOND, that both countries commit to resolve all mutual disputes peacefully, using a neutral third party agreed to by both should this prove impossible by normal channels

THIRD, that both countries shall remain open and accessible to tourists and other visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues

FOURTH, that both recognize one another as the rightful owner of all territory, real and imaginary, that they claim.

FIFTH, that proper channels of communication shall be opened between them, so as to facilitate dialogue and future cooperation.

SIXTH, the OCIAN FEDERATION shall never participate in an attack upon the holdings of Shireroth.

Signed for the Ocian Federation

Matt Kovac, President of the Ocia

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”