Antica treaty

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Gil'les Mel'ang

Antica treaty

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

As a high-ranking Ambassador of Shireroth's foreign ministry, I request the treaty with Antica removed from the sticky thread. Reason: All sections except section three have been violated by Antica since the Summer 2008 period of its discussion and signing. As for whether the treaty is still in force, that is for the Courts of Shireroth--not the Ministry--to decide. However, in my opinion, it would be best for the spirit of diplomacy for Antica to re-sign the treaty with Shireroth, in order to show its renewed dedication to upholding all its articles. Also in any future treaties between Antica and Shireroth the name of Antica, "The Commonwealth of Antica" should be changed to "Antican Republic."

CJ Miller

Re: Antica treaty

Post by CJ Miller »

See the treaty thread.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Antica requests that the Treaty be honored and regrets any previous lapses, which were the result of indiscretions by individuals and not part of any consistent policy.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Uh huh.

Is the forum-wide censoring of "Shireroth" to "Eastern Benacia" not part of a consistent policy?

Is the consistent, almost hivemind-like hate of Shireroth from every known member of the Antican Government not part of a consistent policy?
Last edited by CJ Miller on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

*raises eyebrow*

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Excuse me? Antica, or at least certain factions of Antican have been consistently in favor of trying to improve relations with Shireroth and convincing Anticans of the merits of friendship with Shireroth. This new blast of hatred from a particular official in Shireroth will not help us convince our fellow countrymen.

Also, the forum-wide censoring you spoke of was revoked several months ago. It is also not true that there is a "hivemind-like hate" of Shireroth amongst "every known member of the Antican Government." I for one, have never felt hate towards Shireroth.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Gil'les Mel'ang

Post by Gil'les Mel'ang »

Allow me to apologize for the rather abrasive manner in which our Arbiter has responded to this issue here in our diplomatic forums. The Arbiter is a judicial office and while it can rule on legal matters such as the validity of treaties, it does not necessarily represent the views of either His Niftiness the Kaiser or the Foreign Ministry of Shireroth.

Ambassador Aryeztur is indeed correct that Antica has revoked its policy of calling Shireroth "Eastern Benacia." We respect and thank Antica for this step towards progress in diplomacy.

It is my hope that Antico-Shirerithian diplomatic relations continue to improve. As do I think it is also the hope of many in the Shirerithian government.

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

It was mostly a joke of the previous Archon that quickly got tiring.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

CJ Miller wrote:Is the consistent, almost hivemind-like hate of Shireroth from every known member of the Antican Government not part of a consistent policy?
I wouldn't call it consistent. There was a bit where I was in charge, but that seems to be well in the past now...
Count of Norfolk

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”