Visit and Greetings from your old friends in Gotzborg

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

gotzborg

Visit and Greetings from your old friends in Gotzborg

Post by gotzborg »

ROYAL KINGDOM OF GOTZBORG

To Our Dear Friends of Shireroth greetings,

On behalf of myself and the citizens of the Royal Kingdom of Gotzborg, I would like to extend to Your Niftiness Kaiser Fish XII (I), you, your colleagues and citizens Our best wishes and sincerest salutations.

Throughout its history, Gotzborg has realized great achievements, in spite of scarce resources, regional instability and the usual difficulties encountered by any nation of our world. Our homeland, by the resolve and will of our loyal citizens, attained an advanced level of development, though pressing challenges remain, not just for our nation, but the sector as a whole. Facing them requires the collaboration and resilience to enhance people’s confidence in national and extra-national institutions.

Since we took charge of the supreme sovereignty, we have firmly believed that Our dear country could achieve success if we provided community for the people. We had no doubt whatsoever that through the people's determination and their sincere efforts and sense of fellow-feeling, Gotzborg, could be a model of justice, creativity, and a dignified life. This belief encouraged us to put the improvement of the lives of the Gotzborg people, by providing them with a dignified standard of living, at the top of the list of our priorities. An objective observer contemplating Gotzborg's progress would recognise its achievements, which have become a source of pride for all Gotzers.

Although we are satisfied with our achievements up to 2007, we cannot minimise the challenges still before us, especially in that the performance of our nation is directly tied to other nations and the sector as a whole. This we feel has not come up to the desired standard. As a result of different circumstances, some of which are beyond the control of Gotzborg, the situation became more complex in the last few years. We have devoted ourselves untiringly to determine ways to promote activity, producing job opportunities in order to attain social well-being. Many plans and programs have already been initiated to achieve this.

We recognize however that true success for Gotzborg can only come about by creating, building and strengthening our relations with other nations, such as yours. The sense of community and social belonging is not solely the purview of the nation itself, but highly dependent upon the activity and relations between nations. In other words, we strongly believe in the community of nations as the next level to realizing greater enjoyment and satisfaction for all citizens.

Our two nations have enjoyed the benefit of a mutual relationship in the past and it is this history that we seek to renew and build upon again. As such, we approach you and extend to your nation a hand in friendship and cooperation which we hope you will accept and from this would like to pursue a more formal relationship that we can use to build closer ties and in turn explore exciting opportunities to work together for the betterment of both our nations.

Please let us know your opinions and comments, we would be pleased to discuss further and dispatch diplomatic personnel to initiate the activities mentioned above.

So in summary, we're back and want to re-connect our friendship. :party

With sincere regards,

HRM August Charles II,
King of Gotzborg
HRM August Charles II,
King of Gotzborg

Kaiser Fish XII

Re: Visit and Greetings from your old friends in Gotzborg

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

Wow, it's been a long while since I heard the name of Gotzborg! King Charles, I welcome you to our realm, and I hope your stay is enjoyable. I am excited about the prospect of renewed relations between our nations.

At the beginning of my reign, I chose to take a personally internal role here, and leaving the external affairs to be addressed by the Landsraad. However, it turns out that I've had to take those reins actively, considering the initial disinterest of many Shirithians in a multinational venture. Therefore, I hereby open our doors wide open to you. Let formal relations commence.

Perhaps you may be interested in a forum consolidation project, termed the "Bastion Union", which is the venture I referred to earlier, which involves (currently) five nations seeking to coexist and prosper on a single forum as their own sovereign nations.

gotzborg

Post by gotzborg »

Your Niftyness,

Thank you for the reply, your welcome is most well received, I am happy to be welcomed by Shireroth so. Yes indeed it has been many a year since Gotzborg last tread these coloured pixels of black and red.

I appreciate your candor in regards to the business of government, all too often we miss the world outside our doors. For Shireroth, that has not usually been an issue as you have had more than enough to keep you busy internally.

For your interest, Our Royal Kingdom has officially recognized Shireroth as of this date.

In respect of your forum consolidation project, I am in intrigued and will take this back to my government for discussion. We may be back to chat about this again specifically.

That being said however, I don't want to make this the only visit. Exciting things afoot around Shireroth these days!
HRM August Charles II,
King of Gotzborg

Kaiser Fish XII

Post by Kaiser Fish XII »

With my Minister of the Exterior absent, I may have to put a statement of recognition or our TiaC 2.0 on the Landsraad floor myself (besides, they haven't had a thing to ponder for quite awhile now), but I will see it done.

And I will admit that Shireroth has been quite busy on the international stage with much still to do domestically. I have some sweeping to do to finally finish our recovery from the Laqi and Elwynnese revolutions.

In any case, I will make a point to visit Gotzborg in the near future. The long while you've been dormant amounts almost to how long I've been in the hobby (if I recall, I may be wrong, Toketi was very seclusionist in it's earlier years), so it will be my first chance to visit, and definitely not my last.

On the consolidation, there seems to be a bit of a "let's not get more nations involved quite yet" attitude about, but I'm sure any inquiry you make will be happily invited.

gotzborg

Post by gotzborg »

That would be most appreciated in regards to the recognition, then at least the stage will be set for further/future work/interactions/fun.

I appreciate your busy-ness, please do come by Gotzborg when you get the chance. As long as you don't forget, don't feel it necessary to come by in the next day or two, we'll still be around. ;)

Gotzborg was on the 'Hiatus' from March 2007 to Jan 2010 approximately. I am sorry I don't recall Toketi, but in my old age, I am forgetting a lot of things I should have remembered.

As for the forum thing, its completely understandable, I am sure there are a lot of issues to work out without bringing more confusion into the mix.
HRM August Charles II,
King of Gotzborg

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”