Situation in Batavia

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Jonas

Situation in Batavia

Post by Jonas »

Batavia is mourning for its loss of a great king (since 18 August), Arkadius II des Vinandy. The Head of State and the Royal Family was killed by rockets that were launched by a submarine of the Imperial Empire. Their aircraft was shot down while flying from 's Koningenwaarde to Island of Arcadia.
The Nova English (who noticed the crash as first) and Batavians are in war with the Imperial Empire (this is fictional as the nation doesn't exist anymore).

Currently their are discussions of who should succeed the King. Franzi-Ferdinanda (daughter of a former king and brother of Arkadius II) has refused the Crown as she doesn't feel ready. This has brought the nation in a special situation: it seems that people are favouring Harald of Stormark, an old friend of the dead king, to succeed Arkadius II as Head of State. This would, of course, mean a personal union between Stormark and Batavia.
Last edited by Jonas on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Elliot Markham

Re: Situation in Batavia

Post by Elliot Markham »

Well this is indeed a sad day for all Batavians. The nature of the death was tragic and should be thoroughly investigated. I thank the Shirerithians for their recognition of the current state of affairs in Batavia--which hopefully should soon improve with the ascension to the throne of the next Monarch.

Jacobus Loki

Re: Situation in Batavia

Post by Jacobus Loki »

A sad situation, indeed.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”