Current relations between Holzborg and Shireroth

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

eulenburg

Current relations between Holzborg and Shireroth

Post by eulenburg »

To whom it may concern:

I’m curious to know the state of relations between the Holzer Reich and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth? I’m sorry that your representative never made it to Holzborg before our little downtime recently.

Now on to the internal situation in Shireroth; His Imperial and Royal Majesty’s Government was disgusted to see call to arms against nations who recognized the secessionist nations in Shireroth. Holzborg believes that every people have the right to self government and you should have known this running a multicultural empire. Knowing that your duchy that is closest to Holzborg is building defensive wall is not something that makes Holzborg feel good. I really hope this situation can be solved peacefully. We have been neighbors for along time we should be friends by now.

I’m also writing to you in order to get the Island you call “Hawthorne” back into Holzer hands. It actually is a major piece of Holzer history.

I look forward to your reply.

Jacobus Loki

Re: Current relations between Holzborg and Shireroth

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Your Excellency, Welcome to Shireroth!

I'm filling in at MiniEx during Scott's absence.

I do not recall seeing a "call to arms". Even the Ashkentzan declarations have not involved "arms" across international borders at this time. Perhaps you can provide the link, so that we can review the statements and resolve any questions or misunderstandings? We are of course disappointed to see certain historically friendly nations take a more than friendly interest in our passing internal discord.

All of our fortifications are of a wholly defensive nature, understandable in light of statements made by various countries and other groups. If your nation feels threatened by any of these, it would certainly be possible to discuss the particular areas of concern to the Reich.

I am personally quite interested in cultural history. Is there a place where we can learn about your history of the island you've referred to?

Also, the link I found to the Reich seems outdated. Is there another, so that we may begin further discussions?

Friendly Regards,

Jacobus Loki
Acting MiniEx

eulenburg

Post by eulenburg »

http://holzborg.langelski.com/ is the current official link to Holzborg, Please excuse the inactivity. We are trying to get everything back in order.

The call to arms I'm referring to is a post made by someone saying that Shireroth should declare war on everyone who recognized the Loki Free Republic and then some citizens agreed to this post. I will look for the link, I should have saved it.

I will have the Kaiser find the History for me, We are trying to find everything to put it together.

(Edit) I fudged up the Island name it is called 'Hawshire', I don't know what I was thinking.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Good sir, if it were an internal post in Shireroth, please pay it no mind. 'Twas most likely the rough jest of people venting their frustration over recent internal squabbles. If the Kaiser or the Steward did not say it, it is of no consequence beyond that of hearty unthinking patriotism.

I look forward to seeing you in Holzer.

Es lebe der Kaiser!

Jacobus Loki,
Acting MiniEx

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

von Eulenburg,

Speaking as a private but informed individual, the status of the island of Hawshire (or, more accurately, the Protectorate of Hawshire-Dura) is a rather special one beyond the normal Shirithian attitude of being unwilling to give up any land. I believe that this is a copy of the treaty. As you can see on the map, it is not marked as Shirithian land but as joint Dura/Shirithian holdings. As such, I feel it unlikely that the Imperial Republic of Shireroth would feel themselves able to enter into any sort of negotiations regarding the ceding of the Protectorate of Hawshire-Dura. I just thought I should make you aware on this point as it is one of the more obscure parts of Shirithian land lore.

Warm Regards,
Cla'Udi, Count of Melangia and writer of History.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

eulenburg

Post by eulenburg »

Graf von Melangia,

We shall discuss the issue in the future.

Regards,

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”