Laqi Negotiations

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Laqi Negotiations

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Dear Sirs,

The Laqi Free Republic has agreed to attempt negotiations with Shireroth once again; the relevant thread can be found here.

Regards,

M. Hadjimehmetov

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Re: Laqi Negotiations

Any thread regarding a seccession attempt on this forum with 209 views and no response is obviously being consciously ignored by the relevant authorities.

I remind the Foreign Ministry that as long as Shireroth continues to ignore attempts by the Laqi Free Republic to come to a mutually acceptable solution to this political stalemate, the Laqi Republic will remain on the MCS map as an independent- albeit disputed- nation.

We in the Provisional Government note the irony of Shirereithan intransigence guaranteeing Laqi independence, and once again renew our offer of diplomatic talks.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Kaiser, nor Steward, isn't around right now and you know very well that Erik takes the case around Elwynn more serious (probably because the claim has been done by some citizens that were actually citizens when the secession was proclaimed).

I'm not a representative, but I don't think we should just ignore this. It seems that the Laqi Independence movement is open for debate and perhaps join the table talks, together with Elwynn. As they are making demands that could be profitable for your Movement, it's perhaps an idea to post your agreement (or other remarks). ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Well, actually I was a citizen of Shireroth when the Laqi seccession was proclaimed. I'd become a citizen just a couple of days previously.

Of course talks with Shireroth should commence as soon as possible, but as I stated, both delegations should be treated as the accredited representatives of sovereign nations for the debates, not as rebels versus government. The same standard of behaviour and conduct as has been applied in negotiations with Elwynn should to my mind be applied to Modan-Lach.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

As I have understood it Erik frequently said that he didn't recognise Elwynn as sovereign. Which doesn't mean that both parties can treat each other as such. :document

Just remember that I'm just a minor noble and not a representative. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

I think semantics should be ignored so that issues can be discussed.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Well, though I doubt you'll take it, Nelaga offers you the same neutral ground we offered Elwynn if you want a place where no party has any significant strength over the other.

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Of course, we would be more than happy to start talks in Nelaga.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Well, as a representative for the imperial government (or however it is right now), I acknowledge the Laqi Republic's interest in seeking diplomatic talks with the Shirithian government. Unfortunately, being tied up in the Elwynn discussions leaves us rather occupied (apparently, I'm not quite sure), however official talks will probably begin shortly, and at latest by the end of the Elwynn discussions.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

See MCS. The Laqi have gone back to sleep.

http://micras.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 2&start=30
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

UPDATE-

http://micras.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4325

One down, one to go. :) :archy

Although I think this can and should be part of the history and culture of the area. Like burning Musica.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

While it's not very important anymore, I want to know if it is Ashkenatza's policy to ignore the treaties they signed with other nations.

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=13003
STANDARD TREATY OF NON-AGGRESSION BETWEEN THE REPUBLIC OF ASHKENATZA AND THE IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF SHIREROTH

Preamble: We, the legislative bodies and powers enacted thereto, hereby convene to ratify this document through our respective Foreign Ministries for
the advancement of peace, prosperity, and goodwill between our nations and between our peoples.
As is hereby outlined in the two articles below, the two signatory nations hereby sign to the following agreements that:

I- The Republic of Ashkenatza and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth hereby agree to respect eachother's possessions and territorial boundaries, be they cybernetic or physical
II- The two signatory nations hereby agree not to engage in any covert or overt military activity against the peoples of government institutions of the other

This agreement, hereby signed into act on 19/11/2008 may be repealed with one week's notice to the other signatory nation at any date by decree of either highest legislative body.
Neither nation signatory to this contract is obliged to provide military or economic assistance to the other, as per the status of this treaty.
While I have said it isn't very important anymore, we should consider this before we are going to sign treaties with the Ashkenatzim. If they violate such a basic treaty, I'm not sure what they would do with others (more important ones) that we could sign in the future. What's a treaty worth in their eyes (this is a question to the representative)?

Don't worry, I don't want to start a witch hunt. ;)

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”