Greetings from the Republiek der Nederlanden

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Maximilian

Greetings from the Republiek der Nederlanden

Post by Maximilian »

Dear Minister of the Exterior,

I hereby wish to lay contact between our respective nations, which is in my case the Republiek der Nederlanden (Republic of the Netherlands, the Nederlanden, the Republic, etc.). It seems to me that the name of my country has been said in Shireroth once or twice, since we are a new member of the Small Commonwealth.

I am Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné, the representative of the Republiek der Nederlanden to all nations on Micras. (By the way: I am also Batavia's representative to the Small Commonwealth, which has nothing to do with this visit.)

The Nederlanden are a micronation founded as the Virtual United Provinces in 2007. This was a federal state. Every province hence had its own parliament and prime minister, which didn't work too well over time. The founders of the Virtual United Provinces thus thought it was a better idea to create a central governed republic in 2008. This makes the Nederlanden a unitary republic. The legislative power is the Nationale Vergadering (National Assembly), which is elected by the citizens of the Republic every four months. Furthermore the citizens elect a President of the Republic every six months. The President of the Republic appoints a Prime Minister. At the moment the President of the Republic is Alejandro Gonzalez and the Prime Minister is Nihill Romez. You might have seen Nihill Romez wandering around here, since he is the Republics representative to the Small Commonwealth as well.

Since a few months we have the privilege to be a nation on Micras and as I already said the Nederlanden are a member of the Small Commonwealth since a few weeks.

I have filled in your form also:

Name of your nation: "De Republiek der Nederlanden"

Preferred means to contact the representative: via PM in Shireroth, the Republic (as Max) or Batavia (as Max van Bunthe-Uné)

Nation's website address: http://www.derepubliek.eu

Nation's message board address: http://www.derepubliek.eu/forum/phpbb304/

Please describe in a few words your nation's character and culture: Please see above

Please describe in a few words (the highlights of) your nation's history so far: Idem Dito

How did you hear about Shireroth? Via the Small Commonwealth and Batavia.
Maximilian van Bunthe-Uné
High Representative of the Kingdom of Batavia to the Small Commonwealth

Allot

Re: Greetings from the Republiek der Nederlanden

Post by Allot »

Greetings!

Formal introductions first, of course: My name is Allot, currently incarnated in this female form known as Isabelle. Welcome to Shireroth, and a pleasure to meet you! First of all, I ought to point out that the link to your forums are broken. I don't know if it's the link or someone went wacko on your servers, but that's an issue.

I wish I could read Dutch, then I would be able to read your website. Thank you very much for your thorough introduction - it saves me a lot of work. "Contact", as you say, has been established. I hope I can get a better idea of what your nation is like once I get onto your forums (I assume that is where you are based). It is also excellent that you have joined the SC. This already puts you in higher standing among Shireroth's many foreign contacts.

I look forward to our continued relations, and do contact me here if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you again for taking the initiative to contact us.

Sincerely,
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

I'm sorry about the link to our forum. This link should work: http://derepubliek.eu/vvp/forum/phpbb304/index.php

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

On behalf of the government, more specifically the Minister of Foreign Affairs, mr. Alejandro Gonzalez, I would like to investigate the possibilities to sign a friendship treaty.

Allot

Post by Allot »

This is a fantastic idea - I'll head over there as soon as I can to discuss the possibility of this.

Although I am no immigration expert, surely email verification is enough for deterring spambots? Why do you require administrator activation of each individual account? I am merely curious, this is in no way a slight on Nederlanden's methods.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

I'd agree with your opinion on how to ban spambots from our forums. I'll have a chat with the administrator about that one. For the time being I will just ask him if he can add you to our forums asap.

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

Dear Sir,

I'm now the representative of the Republiek der Nederlanden.
There has been an (islamitic) revolution in our country. The parliament is now discussing and voting a new constitution.

Jef Vermussen
Last edited by Jef Vermussen on Sun May 30, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

Mr. Vermussen,

we are currently without a Minister of the Exterior, but please present your credentials to me.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

Dear Sir,

I hereby wish to renew contact between our respective nations, which is in my case the Republiek der Nederlanden (Republic of the Netherlands, the Nederlanden, the Republic, etc.).
I am Jef Vermussen, the representative of the Republiek der Nederlanden to all nations on Micras.

More information you can find in the first topic.

The parliament is now discussing to change the constitution. If this constitution is approved, the Republiek der Nederlanden will be change to an moslim, democratic nation. Also the name of the nation will be changed.

Link: http://derepubliek.eu/vvp/forum/phpbb304/index.php

More information? Ask me!

Jef Vermussen

Kaiseress Anandja II

Mr. Vermussen,

is there a thread you could link me to where you are appointed ambassador of Nederlanden?

Thank you.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

Dear Sir,

You mean the link in the Nederlanden?

Jef Vermussen

Kaiseress Anandja II

Mr. Vermussen,

Yes, a link to a post in Nederlanden where it says that you have been appointed Ambassador.

(And it's ma'am btw, not Sir...)
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

Excuse me, Madam.

Well if you read dutch, you can see that I'm the Minister of Foreing Affairs of the Republiek der Nederlanden.
http://www.derepubliek.eu/vvp/forum/php ... f=65&t=758

Jef Vermussen

Kaiseress Anandja II

Mr. Vermussen,

through the wonders of the mighty God Google, I see that you indeed are the Minister of Foreign Affairs and I hereby accept your credentials as an ambassador and representative of Nederlanden in Shireroth.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

Kaiseress Anandja II wrote:Mr. Vermussen,

through the wonders of the mighty God Google, I see that you indeed are the Minister of Foreign Affairs and I hereby accept your credentials as an ambassador and representative of Nederlanden in Shireroth.
Thank you, Madam!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Greetings, old chap. :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Dutch Jonas, I understand there is unresolved business between Nederlanden and certain of our Commonwealth allies. Can you please explain this to me in private and advise me on what to do about it?

Scott of Hyperborea

Ambassador Vermussen, Dutch Jonas has leveled some serious accusations against your government. In particular, he claims that they abused administrative powers and then won an election through voter fraud.

I would like to hear your side of the story if you are willing to give it. If you cannot respond to these allegations, Shireroth may be forced to suspend relations with de Nederlanden to whatever degree our mutual Commonwealth membership allows.

Kaiseress Anandja II

The Commonwealth membership places no restrictions on that.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Countess of Shirekeep

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:Ambassador Vermussen, Dutch Jonas has leveled some serious accusations against your government. In particular, he claims that they abused administrative powers and then won an election through voter fraud.

I would like to hear your side of the story if you are willing to give it. If you cannot respond to these allegations, Shireroth may be forced to suspend relations with de Nederlanden to whatever degree our mutual Commonwealth membership allows.
I will respond to your question:

There was a problem with the administration, but the previous government wasn't aware of these problems. Then the governement of the Republiek der Nederlanden has resolved the problem. The case is now in the court, but an outcome will be after the new constitution. This is because we don't have enough manpower to resolve this case.

This new government is legally come to power, without fraud. After the new constitution, there will be new elections.

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

I have to add something to my answer:

The new Constitution needs to be approved by the Dutch people. If they not approve it, the new constitution will be rejected.

Jef Vermussen

Nihill Romez

Post by Nihill Romez »

Greetings to all,

I've been asked to come and update Shireoth about the current situation in the Netherlands.

A while ago the Islamic revolutionairy party(IRP) was founded. No problem there. After a while I found it very suspicious that the person who founded it(Saladin) was so informed about the current situation in the republic that i decided to compare his IP with others. I was president of the netherlands so i had acces to the administration. I immediatly noticed that Saladin had the same IP as other citizen(and admin) Frans. I posted this in public and then everything went wrong. My posts got removed, i was banned from the government, unable to send pm's and was set out of my function as president(waauw, crappy sentence but w/e:p). Whenever i posted something it was removed afterwards. Fortunally some people read the messages before they got removed by Frans. A day later i also lost acces to the admin control and got put on inactive. I could no longer log in to the forum. I also received pm's from Frans right before my ban that he wouldnt let me intervein with his revolution.
Afterwards he started sending me bribe offers so I wouldnt leak the proves of all this. Too bad I dont get bribed...easily:p. So I made the proves public.
Ow yeah, its important to know double accounts are illegal in the Netherlands so what Frans is doing is way out if line. Especially how he abuses his adminpower.

So, the current situation in the Netherlands: Frans is prime minister, Saladin is president.(one and the same macro person, again, this is illegal).Frans also has 50% of the parliament, Vermussen has the other 50%. Another fact: when two parties both have 50% the president has the decisive vote in the parliament. Conclusion: Frans has all power. And he's not thinking about giving it back to the people.

About the voter fraud: there hasnt been any fraud with the votes itself since Saladin didnt vote. Aldo the elections cant be legal since Frans=Saladin=prime minister=president. Thats the problem about the elections.

More questions, just ask me. I want to inform our fellow nations as much as possible about this so they can make the right decision before establishing new relations with the Republic.

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

The above situation isn't been proven, yet.
I hear two stories, that's why the dutch court has to investigate this problem.
This government is legally come to power, but it's legality will be proven again at the referendum of the new constitution.

I have to say that I'm the ambassador of the Republiek der Nederlanden, and not sir romez. So any questions ask me.
Jef Vermussen

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jef Vermussen wrote:The above situation isn't been proven, yet.
I hear two stories, that's why the dutch court has to investigate this problem.
This government is legally come to power, but it's legality will be proven again at the referendum of the new constitution.

I have to say that I'm the ambassador of the Republiek der Nederlanden, and not sir romez. So any questions ask me.
Jef Vermussen
Prove has been presented by images. Next to that: I have seen it with my own eyes. Posts were deleted, including one in which Nihill went to the Court.
And the only reason Frans got away with it, is because no judges were appointed.

I confirm what mister Romez told in the above post. I have asked him to speak here, as it's probably best to hear it from the former president himself. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Scott of Hyperborea

Please see official Ministry policy on this issue.

Nihill Romez

Post by Nihill Romez »

Thank you very much. I wouldn't mind if the Commonwealth Court would take this case.Don't see any other court that would be more neutral.

Jef Vermussen

Post by Jef Vermussen »

I also wouldn't mind if the Commonwealth Court would take this case.
I will present it to my government.

thank you
Jef Vermussen

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”