Greetings from the Antican Commonwealth

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Chrimigules

Greetings from the Antican Commonwealth

Post by Chrimigules »

Shireroth and Antica have known each other for a long time. In fact, it has existed longer with Antica around than without. For part of that time, the relationship had been one of a mentor and a student. The older, wiser Shireroth taught the younger, naive Antica. When Antica matured a bit, that relationship became one of colleagues working together.

It was an unfortunate result of Antica's internal disputes that the relationship became adversarial. Anger of Shireroth took hold in Antica because Shireroth had chosen to support the status quo that it knew and trusted rather than to embrace a radical unknown. Luckily, however, in time, that dislike for Shireroth had dissipated, and the relationship had at least become one of distant cordiality.

Since those interesting times, Antica has become increasingly isolated and inactive, something that we Anticans continue to struggle against. While Antica has reached out from time to time, it has been sporatic, and as a result, that long connection between Antica and Shireroth has been allowed to deteriorate.

As Archon of the Antican Commonwealth, I come to Shireroth so that the relationship might be renewed.

Jonas

Re: Greetings from the Antican Commonwealth

Post by Jonas »

Welcome! Welcome! :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

So... how's Shireroth doing these days?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Hear the gunfire?

Iskander Mirkdale

Post by Iskander Mirkdale »

Just a typical weekend shindig around here.
The Earl of Eliria and Utasia
MNN, MMR, AFV, II

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

I have just realized that my response was one of the posts to suffer in our night that never existed.

As Minister of the Exterior I welcome your words with an open heart. As I am relatively new to the office and the nation I have no recollection of any negative relations between Antica and Shireroth. I hope that this means we can start afresh, past relations forgotten. I hope you will consider participating in the unified currency and maybe even some of our space initiatives. Let us usher a new time of friendship between our nation. (Once were done trying to kill each other and all.)
Leo Fenrir

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Antica is listed as a friendly nation, and we wish to keep that relationship. As a member of the Small Commonwealth we of course invite you to apply for membership in said organisation, with the added benefit that you will then be able to join the joint economy, if you so wish.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Kostalan Rottsaa

Post by Kostalan Rottsaa »

I believe we need to update the treaty archive. I was going to do it long ago when I was still MiniEx, but never got around to it.
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Bocaj: You are the Spiral Nemesis, Reynardine! You are the end of all things!
HEIL KAISER!

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

I, myself, would like to see a list of posts in the late rebellion, in order of their occurence.

Also, while the Kaiseress' offer is very kind and much appreciated, I believe the majority of Anticans would be against our joining any sort of international organization which might require us to surrender even a small portion of our sovereignty, although I cannot comment in an official capacity at the moment.
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Kaiseress Anandja I

I offer 50 Erbs to the one who makes such a list. :thumbsup
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

1. 3601 - Mon Jun 15, 2009: MoMA issues order for the sale of JASO;
2. 3602 - Tue Jun 16, 2009: MiniTrade announces details of auction;
3. 3603 - Wed Jun 17, 2009: The Baron of Dolor lays claims to JASO. A dispute ensues;
4. 3605 - Fri Jun 19, 2009: The Baron of Dolor appeals to the Kaiseress;
5. 3605 - Fri Jun 19, 2009: Kaiseress instructs MoMA and MiniTrade to continue with the auction;
6. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: The Baron of Dolor revolts in favour of an Ari Kaisership;
7. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: Forces of the County of Monty Crisco mount an airborne assault on the JASO Facility on Amity Island, MASS;
8. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: Suicide Bombers in the employ of the Baron of Dolor attempt to hijack a thread and kidnap the Kaiseress. The Steward and MoMA enact certain countermeasures, including a thermonuclear option. However the Kaiseress is subsequently revealed to have been perfectly safe the entire time care of an ingenious plot device worthy of the Phantom Menace;
9. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: Meanwhile the MoMA moved to take more conventional precautions, beginning with a statement memorable for its *borrowed* conclusion "Our initial assessment is that they will all die". More prosaically it's countermeasures against the rebellion are brought together under the moniker of Operation Bonded Sale;
10. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: A reconnaissance flight from the MoMA SDI Facility at Nova Sorensk was authorised;
11. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: The flagship of the Imperial Forces Diplomatic Gunboat Squadron put to sea from Musica bound for Amity, and the YMS Kaiser Mors V was requisitioned for a similar purpose;
12. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: Meanwhile the Baron of Dolor's attempts to ferment rebellion in Yardistan met with failure;
13. 3606 - Sat Jun 20, 2009: Elsewhere, the other Duchies begin to take bold decisive actions. The Seanad of Kildare declared (after a slight hesitation) for the throne, whilst in Elwynn the Stewards (Imperial and Ducal) granted MoMA's request to deploy the Elwynnbrigaden to reinforce the capital. The Duke of Brookshire meanwhile decisively resolved to... abdicate... although he continued to insist that it was for reasons entirely unrelated to having Erik as a rebellious 'subject'. Kostalan Rottsaa, with the curious ears, becomes the new Duke;
14. 3607 - Sun Jun 21, 2009: The Duke of Yardistan meanwhile became aware of the break-in occurring at the JASO MoMA Facility hosted on his Ducal domain;
15. 3607 - Sun Jun 21, 2009: Monty Crisco goes onto a war footing, being blissfully unaware that, care of certain ISI "Black Projects", death comes from above!;
16. 3607 - Sun Jun 21, 2009: All one hundred and twenty-one AH-64 Apache attack helicopters of the Zerstörergeschwader crossed into Monty Crisco and held their position north-west of Cercé awaiting further orders;
17. 3607 - Sun Jun 21, 2009: The new Duke of Brookshire, faced with the prospect of an imminent slaughter, assumed direct command of all Brookshirian county militias, and urgently sought to mandate a ceasefire. Issues of protocol meant that Imperial Forces had to address the matter up the chain of command to receive clarification before ordering the recall;
18. 3608 - Mon Jun 22, 2009: Rebel forces are also now reported to be holding their positions in a defensive posture and observing the ceasefire.

Kaiseress Anandja I

Erbage on the hard thing you walk on, or sleep on, depending on mood or level of intoxication.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Ta.

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

I thoroughly enjoy the shout out from :mal

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Likewise! I do enjoy our periodic visits, when two great nations can simply groan as they sit down together, complain about their rheumatism, and bitch about young people. :love
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

They need to get off my lawn...
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

*grumble* whippersnappers... where's a good picture of McCain when you need it...

EDIT:

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Haha, yes!
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”