Kingdom of Victoria

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Aurangzeb Khan

Kingdom of Victoria

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Allot,

Another one for your to do list. Go forth and multiply fruitful lines of dialogue. The chap behind this project has been working on it for absolutely ages (and it shows). The least we can do is say hi.

Ta.

Malliki Tosha

Re: Kingdom of Victoria

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Shouldn't be all that difficult when the constitution is a total and complete word-for-word rip-off of the Swedish constitution. He has only replaced the constitutional role of the Speaker with the King, when applicable.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Allot

Post by Allot »

Ay. 'Tis a DAMN impressive website though. Sorry Malarbor, but that website runs rings around ShireWiki and leaves it crying in a corner.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yes, the website is purely amazing.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Shouldn't be all that difficult when the constitution is a total and complete word-for-word rip-off of the Swedish constitution. He has only replaced the constitutional role of the Speaker with the King, when applicable.
Ha ha. :evil Oh I'm sure there's more to it than that. Damned good website anyway...

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Shouldn't be all that difficult when the constitution is a total and complete word-for-word rip-off of the Swedish constitution. He has only replaced the constitutional role of the Speaker with the King, when applicable.
I had planned a long reply to this and then suddenly decided to leave it :)

I would also like to take this opportunity thank everyone here for their kind words and your recent visit to our forums by Lady Iserdia introducing herself.

I know that you are aware of us but i didn't want to leave you guys out and i'm sending you this postcard with much love from the Kingdom of Victoria :)

I hope we have a long a happy relationship as our paths cross in the near future and would be very interested in setting up a process in which we can build an alliance with each other. We have set up what we hope will soon become our embassy website in Shirekeep here

On behalf of the nation and Her Majesty, we give you Victoria.

It is my hope that this postcard finds you well,

Regards,

Bjorn

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

Ja, everyone loves the website.
However I'd be intruiged to know how they got the 'micronation' category on profiles which displays a little flag for diplomats? :document

Allot

Post by Allot »

Who does your graphics? We seriously need to get us some o them nifty pictchoors.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Good work so far Allot, I'll authorise some "travel expenses" for you. (Edit: You are now 800 :erb better off - please remember to spend irresponsibly, the economy depends on it)
Well, Doctor, I think it would be a good idea for us to know a bit more about each other before we jump into things. After all, we have just met!
However I can't help but feel that the above reads more like an exchange of conversation from awkward first date with a gynaecologist rather than what one might expect of the more conventional, if rather staid, norms of diplomatic correspondence.

Allot

Post by Allot »

I don't go in for all that cucumber on sticks and wishy washy language. in case you hadn't noticed, I greeted the Ashkenatzan Nohsi with "Hello, hello, hello!"

I can't be bothered to be all diplomatic, as long as I get my message across. In this case: let's be friends.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I only mentioned since it amused me. And yes your tone is well established and I would not dream of changing it.

In fact, your next mission shall be to establish contact with the Kingdom of Hanover in your own inimitable style - I could do with a laugh. You may have to brush up on your Commodore Perry routine, they seem to be a tad insular in their outlook these days.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Talk about a two-way jerk-off.

I also love the band uniforms.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Allot

Post by Allot »

Kaiser Aurangzeb wrote:I only mentioned since it amused me. And yes your tone is well established and I would not dream of changing it.

In fact, your next mission shall be to establish contact with the Kingdom of Hanover in your own inimitable style - I could do with a laugh. You may have to brush up on your Commodore Perry routine, they seem to be a tad insular in their outlook these days.
I am confused on so many levels. Is it just those two guys? If so, that's a lot of posts! And they seem kind of... serious. Are you sure?
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Maksym Hadjimehmetov wrote:Ja, everyone loves the website.
However I'd be intruiged to know how they got the 'micronation' category on profiles which displays a little flag for diplomats? :document
I took a simple flag mod for phpbb and then went around rewriting various index files and language scripts and scripts within the mod itself. *simples*

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Allot wrote:Who does your graphics? We seriously need to get us some o them nifty pictchoors.
pretty much anything and everything on the site is done by myself. Although our constitution may not be so thought out. But im more of a creative kind of guy rather than a wordsmith :document

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Allot wrote:
Kaiser Aurangzeb wrote:I only mentioned since it amused me. And yes your tone is well established and I would not dream of changing it.

I am confused on so many levels. Is it just those two guys? If so, that's a lot of posts! And they seem kind of... serious. Are you sure?
I wouldn't wish to send my most hated enemy to have tea with them, although I am sure they have an appropriate plastic set to match their outstanding attire

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

To view in html, PDF and or Word please click here

16/12/2009
Ref: 006/FA
To: Jan Sebur, Kaiser-Beauftragte

Your Excellency Jan Sebur,

RE: Shireroth - Victoria Negotiations

I refer to your communication dated 15th December 2009 regarding the negotiation of a treaty between our governments.

Acting upon your desire to open negotiations with the Kingdom of Victoria I have created a forum specifically for this to take place below:

http://www.kingdomofvictoria.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=78

Having noted a few differences in Articles 8,9 and 13 in particular I shall, within the course of the next 24 hours make our opinions upon them. Please merely regard this letter as a note of acknowledgement.

With regards to the "Adraisia Question" this is currently being dealt with by the Prime Minister and the Secretary of State for Home Affairs. I have passed your query on. You should hope for a response within the next day or so.

Yours Sincerely,

Rt Hon. Dr. Bjorn Olsen
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

Copyright:
Published by HM Government for information in the public domain. The official statement above may be reproduced, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast in any media for non-commercial use with reference to HM Government.

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

20/12/2009
Ref: Foreign Policy Announcement

Victoria release foreign policy

On behalf of Her Majesty's Government It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of our Foreign Policy for 2009 and the early part of 2010. Although we have started treaty negotiations we felt it best to provide you with some more basic information.

Below are various links to our Foreign Policy and a very breif Quick Guide to Victoria. To view in html, PDF and or Word please click here

or click the PDF files below

Image Image

I hope this finds you well and that you may be interested in furthering Diplomatic Relations in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Rt Hon. Dr. Bjorn Olsen

Copyright:
Published by HM Government for information in the public domain. The official statement above may be reproduced, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast in any media for non-commercial use with reference to HM Government.

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

28/12/2009
To: Ministry of the Exterior - Shireroth

Treaty Ratification

Having successfully negotiated a treaty between our States, the peoples of the Kingdom of Victoria are currently voting on ratification. This has a deadline of 5 days from today or when 7 or more citizens have accepted the treaty.

Below are pdf and word copies of the negotiated treaty published in Victoria.

Treaty in PDF

Treaty in Word

It is my hope that this note finds you well,

Yours Sincerely,

Rt Hon. Dr. Bjorn Olsen

Copyright:

Dr Bjorn Olsen

Post by Dr Bjorn Olsen »

Victoria has passed a vote 9 to 1 in favour of a treaty with Shireroth and will await further notification on your vote before progressing with the treaty

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Dr Bjorn Olsen wrote:Victoria has passed a vote 9 to 1 in favour of a treaty with Shireroth and will await further notification on your vote before progressing with the treaty
The Treaty has been voted down.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”