Greetings from the Empire of the Alexandrians!

Negotiates with foreign powers; make diplomatic requests here

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Enrique Portela

Greetings from the Empire of the Alexandrians!

Post by Enrique Portela »

http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... =11&t=7853

As per our conversation above, Alexandria has returned fully interested in continueing diplomatic talks that began a while ago but failed to gain traction because of unfortunate events that took place at the time of the diplomatic meeting conducted between our two great nations.

The Empire of the Alexandrians, fully seeking and committed to their allies - has asked The ImpRepublic of Shireroth, a long time friend to Alexandria to renew relations by accepting a Treaty of Close Friendship between our two nations. The treaty is found here: http://www.empireofthealexandrians.org/ ... wtopic=140

We duly hope that the Imperal Republic of Shireroth is still interested in conducting these diplomatic talks with the Empire of the Alexandrians.

respectfully,

Andreas the Wise

Re: Greetings from the Empire of the Alexandrians!

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Welcome, Enrique.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Hmm...I could have sworn I was registered on your boards...

Anyway...*reading*...looks alright to me. I don't see any reason why this should not be passed in the Landsraad. I shall fill in the blanks and pick a random city to name it after...
Treaty of Poitou

The Empire of the Alexandrians and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth united in both their desire for a more formal relationship and their commitment towards peace, agree:

1. That each state recognises the other's sovereignty, legitimacy, and territory, both physical and imagined;

2. That all diplomatic parties from both Alexandria and Shireroth shall enjoy diplomatic immunity within the borders of each state.

3. That both states agree to resolve any mutual disputes in a peaceful manner, with or without the arbitration of a neutral third party;

4. That neither state shall commit or condone an attack on the other, and will seek to share information in the case of imminent attack;

5. That neither state that is party to this agreement shall harbor, aid or otherwise support those that are willing to overthrow the legitimate government of either micronation;

6. That both parties shall remain open and accessible visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues;

7. That the governments of both Alexandria and Shireroth shall be given the right to extradition of those deemed criminal in either contracting micronation. The detained individual shall be handed over to the authorities of the petitioning micronation and the other must comply with the petition within a period of no greater than one week.

8. Cultural exchanges, diplomatic initiatives and other means at fostering an environment of well being between Alexandria and Shireroth shall be supported by both governments, who will notify each other of major events and happenings within the borders of each.

9. That either party seeking to amend this treaty shall inform the other of this request, and that all amendments must be made with mutual consent;

10. That immediately after the ratification of this treaty (through the governments' head of state's signature or foreign official's signature) will its relevance take affect as both signatory parties are bound to the commitment of this treaty and dialogue between our micronations shall begin;

11. That the cancellation of this treaty must be undertaken via a written notice posted in both nations' forums for a minimum period of five days before the annulment date;

12. That any deliberate violation of the aforementioned articles constitutes the cancellation of this treaty.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

5. That neither state that is party to this agreement shall harbor, aid or otherwise support those that are willing to overthrow the legitimate government of either micronation;
I have a problem with this. It prevents us from harboring people willing to overthrow our own government. What will happen to Yardistan :smashy ?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Yardistan's desire to be Yardistan is a cultural thingy.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Enrique Portela

Post by Enrique Portela »

Liam conToketi wrote:Hmm...I could have sworn I was registered on your boards...

Anyway...*reading*...looks alright to me. I don't see any reason why this should not be passed in the Landsraad. I shall fill in the blanks and pick a random city to name it after...
Treaty of Poitou

The Empire of the Alexandrians and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth united in both their desire for a more formal relationship and their commitment towards peace, agree:

1. That each state recognises the other's sovereignty, legitimacy, and territory, both physical and imagined;

2. That all diplomatic parties from both Alexandria and Shireroth shall enjoy diplomatic immunity within the borders of each state.

3. That both states agree to resolve any mutual disputes in a peaceful manner, with or without the arbitration of a neutral third party;

4. That neither state shall commit or condone an attack on the other, and will seek to share information in the case of imminent attack;

6. That both parties shall remain open and accessible visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues;

7. That the governments of both Alexandria and Shireroth shall be given the right to extradition of those deemed criminal in either contracting micronation. The detained individual shall be handed over to the authorities of the petitioning micronation and the other must comply with the petition within a period of no greater than one week.

8. Cultural exchanges, diplomatic initiatives and other means at fostering an environment of well being between Alexandria and Shireroth shall be supported by both governments, who will notify each other of major events and happenings within the borders of each.

9. That either party seeking to amend this treaty shall inform the other of this request, and that all amendments must be made with mutual consent;

10. That immediately after the ratification of this treaty (through the governments' head of state's signature or foreign official's signature) will its relevance take affect as both signatory parties are bound to the commitment of this treaty and dialogue between our micronations shall begin;

11. That the cancellation of this treaty must be undertaken via a written notice posted in both nations' forums for a minimum period of five days before the annulment date;

12. That any deliberate violation of the aforementioned articles constitutes the cancellation of this treaty.
Excellency,

I apologize on behalf of the admin board in Alexandria. The boards are new, it could possibly be that you havent registered? We recently moved to those boards last month if that helps.

I'm glad that our friends here in Shireroth are willing to develop our diplomatic relations and bring them to the next level. If you are ready, i would be more than willing to sign this treaty.

respectfully,

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Oh no problem about the registration thing, your Highness. Nothing 2 minutes doesn't fix.

And the treaty would have to be put before Landsraad to be signed here, and I believe I just made a point of allowing myself to do so, so I'll get back to you in a jiffy.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Before I resubmit this to the Landsraad, an edit had to be made. Article 5 was found to interfere with the Duchy of Yardistan, which has a cultural reputation for anarchy and annexation (aka, interfere with the Shirithian government, and article 5 is ambiguous enough for this to be a potential problem). If it is alright with you, your Highness, a clause was included to allow exception for the Duchy of Yardistan within Shireroth. It will be submitted as such:
Treaty of Poitou

5. That neither state that is party to this agreement shall harbor, aid or otherwise support those that are willing to overthrow the legitimate government of either micronation. A cultural exception has been made for the Duchy of Yardistan within the Imperial Republic of Shireroth;

Return to “Ministry of the Exterior”