[Chamber of Counts] Forum Resolution

The Duchy of Antica's legislature, composed of all the Duchy's counts.
Rakesh

[Chamber of Counts] Forum Resolution

Post by Rakesh »

My fellow Counts,

The age of Antica has arisen within the Imperial Republic! Our merger with our Shirerithian brothers have allowed our power, prestige, glory and honor only to multiply and expand beyond our wildest dreams. I dare say that is inevitable that one day an Antican shall be Kaiser and we all shall be celebrating the elevation of our Duchy to the pinnacle of the Feudal pyramid.

However, I think as our first official duty that we have make sure our efforts are concentrated in this forum rather than dividing our attentions to the seven subforums we have. Perhaps idealistically each subforum could be active, but I think at his present juncture - they are but a temptation. When the time is right we can open them up.

Therefore I propose.
The Chamber of Counts, established by and through the Feudal Contract of Duchy of Antica and affirmed by His Lordship the Duke Delphi Augustus, do hereby resolve that in order to foster the development of Antica within the feudal system of the Imperial Republic, that all subforums be closed until so decided by the Chamber at a later date no sooner than 30 days following this resolution.
Last edited by Rakesh on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

Count Rakesh,

Word of your proposal has reached my desk at the Ministry, and while I disagree with your rationale and think that this will do nothing more than quell discussion about particular counties and their cultural development, I will of course lock the subfora in question, following the consensus of your fellow counts.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Duke Delphi August, eh? :D

I have mixed feelings about this myself, and there is valid reason to both have and not have subfora. I agree that they hold a purpose for mobility, but I'm hoping to hell that no one decides to leave us. I think leaving them all open as an option would be good, but after a certain point, perhaps, once we've secured the decent activity I hope we rise to. Thus, I support this resolution with the temporary close of the subfora, provided that this resolution passes.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

Rakesh

Post by Rakesh »

Antica as an entity before its merger with Shireroth lacked any subdivided culture - the culture we had was of the nation as a whole. I think therefore it will take time for our Counties and Baronies to develop a unique flavor of their own - as long as we are a given a chance.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

To be honest, while we do that, I would personally like to maintain a level of unity (not "nationalism" because we're a Duchy), so that we don't split off from each other.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

[[Sigh.]] Gentlepeople, lest us examine something. Through all of my study of history, I find that the thing historians always seem to discount is the importance of the actions of individuals. The counts are all people who loved Antica. We still remember that our ultimate goal is, one day, to be strong enough to leave Shireroth, and so such things as an Antican becoming Kaiser, in a sense, are demoted to the level of frivolity. Delphi, did you yourself not say that your main motive in letting Antica join Shireroth was as a route to the recovery of our strength--or at least something to that effect? Yes, you did. On the fora of the Dinarchy's website, I once asked you if "there was no hope for our fair nation?" and you replied, "Yes, and it lies in Shireroth."

Thus, I feel fragmentation will not be an issue, and if it does become one, I will personally smite anyone who becomes complacent.

As such, I must give this one a vote of "nay."

(Edited by Delphi; was two posts, combined into one)
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Just an interjection, now that we have a procedure for this madness, shall we continue?
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Braden Indianensis

Alright. Someone needs to second the motion before we vote but it won't be me. I still vote nay.

Rakesh

Post by Rakesh »

I do second.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Looking at this thread, I don't exactly see a motion to move to vote (though I do see a second). In that case, I'll make the motion (and pretend it was before the second).

All posts in this thread for the next three (3) days will be votes! No votes given before now will count!
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Braden Indianensis

Nay.

Rakesh

Post by Rakesh »

Aye

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

The subfora aren't being used, so they haven't posed a problem... And technically, now, this chamber is a subforum, and an integral one at that.

I vote nay.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Ok, the three days have passed, so voting on this resolution is now closed.

This resolution fails, 1-2.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Braden Indianensis

Hooray!