The Moon gazed upon The Fields

Moderators: ErosSerafiem, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

H4773r 3lfs0n
Location: In -The Spirit of Saldena- a 1/4 mile above the Barony of Vorpmadal

The Moon gazed upon The Fields

Post by H4773r 3lfs0n »

The Spirit of Saldena silently hovered over the coast of the lake near the city of Lamantia as a landing craft touched down. Out of the craft came a ridding jabberwocky with the Baron of Vorpmadal, H4773r 3lfs0n, upon it.

"Well Alyss," H4773r said to his mount, "lets meet the locals."

"Jus' s'long as de locols dont maik meat outa us," replied Alyss in an enduring cogney accent.

And so the two set out across Kitanus. H4773r hoped to spend a few days in the heart of KF in order to become accepted in his lands as well as foster a bond between himself and it's culture. And, no sooner had the two moved into a quiet ridding rythm when the sky went even darker for a brief moment. H4773r reigned in Alyss and searched the sky for a clue to the darkening.

"whuh izit?" Inquired Allys.
"Shh" replied H4773r.

Then, as if the wind itself had made it presence known a great whoosh, whoosh, whoosh came closer and closer to the duo.
And H4773r saw, the dragon,
as it landed before him.

It rested on four massive legs, its dark leathery wings spread wide, a glinting of dark blue reflected from the moons rays, and its eyes glowed yellow as they fixed upon the strange aliens.
H4773r dismounted and whispered, "hold and hush." He then took one step towards the great beast. He put his right hand on his left shoulder and made a small bow towards the dragon.

"From the hat on your head am I to assume you are the new Baron of Kildare?" inquired the great drake politely.

"Actually, the barony has been renamed. But yes, I am Sir 3lfson." replied h4773r.

"Hm. Thats right, it's the Barony of Vorp Meddle or something right?"

"Vorpmadal. I have come to be accepted by this county and let its denizens know I am for the people."

"Mhm. Well Baron, I am Traten Eros Brightstar. I was named for the Duke Eros Darkstar and I am of the Brightstar line of draconae of which Irreverence Brightstar, Dragon of Kildare was the originator. I speak for the people of this land. They like what they hear of you but seek my approval. So, I have come to learn of you and inform them of my opinion."

"Fair enough," said H4773r. He sat down on the ground right there. Alyss rolled her eyes because she knew H4773r loved to brag but it was worse cause most of it was true. "What would you like to know?"

Traten Eros Brightstar also made himself comfortable and began learning of this strange hatter from a distant land.

The two talked long into the next day. Alyss eventually joined in as Traten asked what kind of creature she was and by the next eve the three had become fast friends.

"So Brightstar, how do I measure up?" inquired H4773r.

"Very well Baron. You have the trust of Kitanus and I shall recognize you as Vorpmadal." declared the dragon. "I must be off but come visit the Fields again after your tour. Should you need me I'll use that clever mirror trick you mentioned. Farewell Baron 3lfson, may your H47 never be to small for your head."
The dragon then jumped from the bindings of earth and raced off over the horizon.

"Well'ee woz nice," offered Alyss.

"Yes, m'dear. Yes he is." H4773r gazed after Traten for a moment then remounted Alyss. "Come along. We've been set back a day for this visit. But most likely we're ahead by years because of this."

"Weh, I'm be'ind two meals, thas whuh I'z be'ind. Ee woz cute an' awl buh ee di'nt offah notin to eat the ole time....."

And so they continued off across Kitanus Fields to see the wonders of Barony Vorpmadal.
Elder of Vorpmadal, Lunaris & Lac Glacei & Concurrent Lands
"Blessed" of Melvin and High Preist of B00/\/\ism
ACE and P.h.D. in M.U.K.A.R.C.T.A.O.S.E.N.

Return to “County of Kitanus Fields”