Invasion of Old Hallucination

Moderators: Jacobus Loki, Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Invasion of Old Hallucination

Post by Jonas »

After the naval blockade it became very clear that Baron Andreas the Wise would not give up the County of Gong Li without a fight.
The Antyan navy was just not strong enough to defeat the Atterock Navy. This shouldn´t be a big surprise when you know the most of the land of Atterock exists out isles, and the Antyan army was built for land battles.
Since the war started, Antya hadn´t started a major battle anymore. Meetings with the counts of tarony of Atterock had got bogged down and led to nothing. The promises Andreas had made to his counts convinced them more than the argument that they need to stay loyal to their Dutch.
It was a quiet war, the Antyans knew they were weak in naval battles. The tradition of Blackrock to fight on land still existed these days. The only way to get an advantage was a major victory, and the hope this victory would convince the rebellious counts to chose the side of their Dutch.

Nearby the borders of Old Halluci there was a tent camp, on an open place in the forest and on the border between Blackrock and Vervollkommnung. Every day the camp grew and became more busy. Since the war has started soldiers arrived in the forest. The first days the most loyal soldiers of the Dutch arrived, later the rest of the army. Everything happened in secret, Dutch Jonas was well aware of the importance of this operation and therefore had ordered to confuse the enemy with giving the Atterockians the impression that the Antyans hadn´t much interest in fighting.

In the tent camp, in one of the larger tents.

"No, thank you, gentlemen," wrote the Duke in a letter as a response to the other Dukes, "I´m well aware that Baron The Wise has some advantages in this war. But I´m sure I can get this rebellious Baron under control again."
Then a servant entered the tent and took the letter away to copy and deliver it to the Dukes. After the servant had left, Cent (a military rank just below a Mill) Nuos entered the tent.
"My Lord Duke," he said when he greeted Dant (the highest military rank) and Duke Jonas, "Our army is ready to go further. The Ents arrived from the County of Vervollkommnung. They are ready, when you´re ready."
Jonas looked to Cent Nuon and immediately said to him: "is Commander Zirk ready?"
"Yes, My Lord Duke," Nuon said, "We received his message. His troops have laid mines in Lake Odlum. The submarines from the Underwater Palace can´t interfere anymore in ian fleet can't interfere in battle in Lake Christoph."
Nuon hesitated to ask, Jonas saw it and before Nuon could ask something he said: "You don´t know why I have ordered to place mines when we have forts around the Antya River that could shoot on the ships too, do you? It will become clear, if Andreas will try to destroy this mines. Our soldiers and Commander Zirk will be ready to wish them welcome. If we are lucky, the Jasonian submarines will get eliminated and we can use them. Maybe the crew will serve Antya and will chose our side. It´s a trap."

Jonas took a map of Lade Odlum from a table and putted it away in a safe.

"Now we are sure that no help or proviand can reach them, the Ocean Palace will surrender soon. But before that happens, we need to attack Old Hallucination." Jonas said, "Without the county of Old Hallucination and isolated from the other parts of Atterock they will be forced to surrender and swear loyalty to their Dutch... again!"

Cent Nuon compagnied the Dutch outside his tent, where his soldiers were waiting for him.
"Soldiers, this will be our glory time! We will invade Old Hallucination! The Atterockian land armies are weak and unprepared. BUT they have some strong mages! We will attack the cities that ignore our demand to surrender. I hope that all the cities will surrender to there rightful leader, that´s me. Otherwise... I´m not sure how you, my men, will react after the dead of your friends in a siege. I don´t think you will lett live our enemies then."
The soldiers around the Dutch nodded, well aware that if they were angry after seeing there friends die they even could murder innocent citizens.

Jonas wasn´t a bloodthirsty man, but like every other man that had lost his friends in wars he knew it was so painful that you lost your feelings for a moment. That moment was, if you were lucky, very short. If it wasn´t, you became a bitten, children and women without any regret.
Jonas wasn´t bittered by war, he knew it was a way to make place for a new government or to make the existing government stronger. He was a Blackrockian, he grew up with the principles of war and he couldn´t even remember how long he was soldier and Dant already. This wouldn´t be his last, battle, nor his last war. But he knew for sure that this war was needed to bring hope to them that lost fate in their Dutch.

"Soldiers!", Jonas cried, "I have brought my new Magical Knights with me! After the collapse of Audentior, they disappeared. But now I have reinstalled them as my personal body guard. We have the support from magical creatures, like the Ents, and from normal soldiers like you and me. This fight we will gonna win! We will invade and conquer this county!"
After the speech ended, the soldiers cried and began to follow the Dutch and other officers. Slowly the army was walking trough the forests, conquered little village after village and finally layed siege on the city Bray.

"Give them a chance to surrender. They have three houres to answer!"
I'm well aware that the war isn't over after my army conquers Hallucination. I hope Andreas will permit me to conquer Bray very fast, so the troops can lay siege on Port Halluci for a larger and more devastating battle (that I will use in my game too).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

hypatias mom

Re: Invasion of Old Hallucination

Post by hypatias mom »

My Lord Duke--

II understand you are in conflict with Baron Andreas the Wise, and that you will be confronting him with your naval and army forces. I would like to know if you intend to cross the territory of my barony in the Kitanus Fields. If this is in your plans, please be sure that your troops do not molest the citizens of my barony. We are not in conflict with Your Grace, but we wish to be left in peace, and erritory left intact. Your attention and concern in this is most appreciated.

Thank you, Your Grace,

Baroness Carol
Barony of Lumina's Light

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Of course, My Lady.
The Ducal Army will not molest the citizens of your, or his (but in war citizens die), Barony. Your lands will not become a battle field, except if Baron Andreas retreats to your lands. But I'm sure you can handle him if he does so.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Your Grace--

I have also communicated with Baron Andreas in this regard, stating my wish to remain neutral in this affair. I also appended a copy of my letter to you, so that he may understand I am not taking part in this conflict, nor do I wish my territory to be used in resolving this situation. I wish only for all of our citizens to be at peace. To that end, I will watch and wish for a just end to this. Thank you for your understanding, Your Grace.

Baroness Carol
Barony of Lumina's Light

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Of course, My Lady.

(Andreas, this is very good stuff for our game. A place were there is peace, a safe harbor.)

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

"Ah, how the times have changed" he sighed, looking around. Hallucination had ever been an overly populated area, and in truth most of the 'citizens' that had populated had been illusions whose life was extended and simulated by the powers in Castle von Scot. Yet, still, even now it looked more desolate than when his former self had ruled. Oh, how long it had been since he had heard himself a called Ozarka. A terribly, terribly long time. He could tell his absence had not been kind upon his County - pah, county! In his time he had been a Thane of Western Kildare, and this small 'county' twice its size and a Barony, spanning half of Kildare. So much had been lost, so much was still to be lost.... so little time, and already a war breathed down his neck and loomed upon the innocent citizens that had once called him Father.

He would not go down without a fight. He cared not whether legitimate or illegitimate authority controlled this realm - Shireroth had always been home to the best, and the worst, that civilized and law-abiding society had to offer. He would defend his homeland from this Duke. This man who barely knew him, except to fear him for the legends he had stirred.

The secret of Hallucination's defenses had always lied in exactly that - the powers of Illusion were useless, unuseable, outside the borders that defined Hallucination. One step east or west, north or south, of the border and anything that was of Illusionist design was instantly destroyed - the life of the fey silenced forever. A dream could be conjured, true, but that dream could only be conjured the same once. Thus Sebastien had learned, that while they may have been created from nothing more than mind power, these people... these, illusions, were as real and human as any he had met created from flesh; born to parents.

With the knowledge he would soon be faced with fighting a guerilla war, he laughed. There was no better way to win such a war than by these methods. For truly, what was a better name for a defense than an insurgency? Yes, he would Envision all he could, his Illusions would come back the children of the Halluci of old. He may even be able to convince some of the true fey, the ents and gryphons and even the lonely dragons of the mountains, to come to his aid. He would reclaim his title as ruler of these lands. He would once again become Father and Protector of his people. Once again take up his cross as the undisputed Puppetmaster of his realm.

Picking up a small pebble from the ground beneath him, he curled it in his palm, feeling the smooth texture - the work of thousands of years at the bed of the river. Deftly he gave it a swift kiss and threw it several yards in front of him, where before his eyes it began to grow. Looking first like a small dog, it began to expand, growing longer ears and a long, black tail. Where paws or feet would have been, they grew to hooves. From its mouth issued the unmistakeable 'neigh' of a horse. With a grin on his face that proclaimed his satisfaction and a whisper of "I've still got it", and with a slight blue tint to his normally hazel eyes, he hopped upon his steed and rode north. North, to Port Halluci. North, to aid in the defense of a city so dearly threatened by a fool with too much fire power.
OOC:
In times gone by, the Halluci way was frequently referred to as 'god-modding'. To that, I am coming with ways as I go to make Illusions and Hallucinations both recognizable, vulnerable, and defeatable without olympic effort. Let me know if I overstep any bounds.
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians
President of the University of Geneva, Empire of the Alexandrians

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Nice of you to interfere in this war (no, it isn't sarcasm)! :)

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

OOC:

Sebastien, some suggestions for building in weaknesses:

1. Limited duration of envisionment
2. Recharge Period x2 of duration
3. Talisman on the "envisioner" that is vulnerable to direct fire

Failing that Andreas has a gaming system for magical powers in the recwar environment that might be useful to you.

Sebastien Alexandre

OOC: I'll definitely look at it. Though I don't think I can adhere to the durations - most of the Illusions are simulated people who populate the County, for the span of their lifetime. I'll definitely look at the others and check out Andreas' comments. Thanks :)
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Alas, I don't have time to comment in full. (Jonas, do you want this to be where our armies face and David comes in? If so, I guess we can move the storyline to have him train in Blackrock loyal to the Duke, and after this is over, train in the Old Hallucination ANOVA (Atterockian-Novatainian Outpost for the Variously Arcane - ie my magic academies).) I'll do a response to Jonas tommorow, probably (and try to set up the outposts a few days before this battle occurs. Oh my, I can´t believe you used Ents against me ... you do realise the creatures released into Vervollkomung were ones who used to be in my Academy.

Sebastn, on the topic of magic and all that, Gralus has (after various magical recwars) developed an indepth magic recwarring system. It can do illusions no sweat ... but it can´t have one person make millions (its designed so that no one person can be too powerful). That being said, we also allow for the `old magic´ that people already know to continue ... so if its easier, use that in this war. Outside of Gralus, I use the magic system much more generally and extend my theoretical power anyway ... ;) .... Er ... at uni and don´t have the link to the system on me now, but I´ll post it tomorrow ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

You aren't the only one who can use magical creatures, Andreas :p
I want that the armies face each other in Port Halluci, but it wouln't very nice of me if I conquered everything except Port Halluci without your permission.

And yes, after this is over David can train in the ANOVA (maybe he gets your special permission to do so).

Andreas the Wise

We'll see about those magical creatures when I post my response ... but yes, if you like, you can take Bray but get soundly trounced at Port Halluci ...

Wait, Jonas ... this may be a Shirithian civil war, but we're not :no meant to tell everyone we know who wins :surprise :document Quick .... how about we flip a coin via pm ... or rely on strategy like normal ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I win? :document

The Dutch always win... on land... :D

Andreas the Wise

With an attitude like that, Strategy it is ... we'll see how it pans out. ;)
Q - Director of SAMIN

Gaius Vesennas

Post by Gaius Vesennas »

Jonas wrote:The Dutch always win... on land... :D
Yeah. They sure do. You're right. You're absolutely right.
Gaius Vesennas,
Marquess of the Marquessate of Sermolot,
Count of the County of Automatica,
Count of the County of Vervollkommnung,
Award of Nift, August 2008

Of Moose and Mangos | | Cheersh

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

:D

Dutch = Duke :document
The Duke always win!

Sebastien Alexandre

"Ride, my friend, ride! Ride as if our lives depend upon it, and in truth I tell you it seems very much so that they might!" he whispered urgently into the ear of his steed. With the coming dawn, you could just make out the silhouette that was the Port of Halluci. While the powers of Envisionism had waned drastically, he still felt he had the tricks and power available to at least slow the coming horde.

Approaching the walls of the city, standing fourteen feet tall and several feet thick (it had been long since the city's construction, and he could not remember its width), a sharp order to halt and the sound of bows being drawn sounded from the ramparts above. "Hark! In the name of the Baron of Atterock, who comes upon this doomed city?" sounded a sentry. The sentry was old, and rumors circulated throughout the guard that he was only left to heralding - the only job left he could do efficiently - because he held high favor with the Captain, who was his nephew. "Do you not remember me, Alec?" Sebastien said, feigning exasperation and hurt. "It has been a while, my friend, but still I had hoped you would remember me." Alec's eyes grew wide as he began to make out the features of the man who stood below him, began to recall a voice that sounded such as his. &qt;I have come to take back what is mine, dear Alec. Nothing more." he said quietly, devoting his attention entirely upon the aging man. "St-stand down! Stand down!" yelled Alec, waving frantically at the guards whose bows were still held tautly, aimed at Sebastien's head. While most respected the orders, and some, too, even remembered stories from their parents of a time when the Count would return and noticed that the descriptions in the stories matched remarkably to the man who stood in front of them, one sentry absolutely refused to lower his bow. "If you do not lower your bow, good sir, I am afraid that the snake may come to bite you", said Sebastien in a laughing tone. "What snake do you speak of, you fool?!" cried the sentry. Upon looking down, it was seen that the top of his bow had grown a serpent's head, and was hissing at him. With the man throwing it to the ground, Sebastien began to laugh. "You would call me a fool, good sir? You act as if you have seen a snake! Only a fool would be tricked by such petty illusions." For in truth, the bow had never been anything more - the man's imagination had allowed him to see what was not there, though Sebastien didn't blame him. He was, after all, Lord of Illusions. "If I may be so bold, gentlemen, perhaps a few of you could accompany me to the shore? If you have nets for fish, it would be greatly appreciated. Though leave your hooks at home, for I intend not to harm or kill these creatures, but to serve a greater purpose....."

OOC:
Someone is welcomed to come in and play a part of the guard as a side character or somesuch. Also, please note in the story, the bow never became a snake. It just looked like it. Envisionism will be taking on a much more 'trickster' approach from now on. More concealing, and such. Someone please respond with some IC RP sometime soon. This is a back to back for me, I don't like it. :P

Andreas the Wise

Andreas had been busy setting up the Gong Li ANOVA - the Sultan continued to demand that Andreas manage that personally. Unfortunately, magical communication in the Barony was not yet active ... and so Andreas only arrived outside Port Halluci an hour or two after Bray had (with no apparent sign of a Baronial army to defend them) surrendered to the Ducal Army. There was still plenty of time left for Port Halluci, however. Bray was up in the mountains, past the forest, and it was possible to ford the river up there on the eastern mountain border, where it was little more than a stream. To get to Port Halluci was far more of a challenge. They would have to go overland, back to Blackrock and around along the narrow, unforested strip of coast, and still have to ford two rivers, one at its widest. Or they could go around the other way, risking stepping into Lady Lumina's realm if they tried to avoid the forest. There was the third route - cutting directly through the forest, and fording the river twice, but Andreas doubted the Duke would be stupid enough to take that route. That would pass him close by the Temple of Ryvenna, nestled within the curve of the river - and the retribution of the Dryads would be swift and fatal. For that matter ...

He approached the forest on the outskirts of Port Halluci. He was not at all surprised to see Lady Willow there. "We are yours to command, my Baron," she said, though the tone suggested that only sensible commands would actually be followed.
"How warlike are your people feeling?" Andreas asked.
"The Duke has violated our home without provocation. Very warlike," Lady Willow replied. "The ents may only take another day before they can be talked around ... but the Dryads are ready."
"Man the forest," Andreas said, then realised what he'd said ... "Woman the forest, I mean," he hastily corrected. "If possible, around outside the river's border - for that's the area you're most likely to encounter them. Make them hate the forest. Make them despise the forest. Make sure they fear the forest and will not venture into it for love or money."
"My thoughts exactly, my Baron," Lady Willow replied. She was smiling now, and Andreas wondered slightly if he'd passed some test. Before he could ask, she dissapeared into the trees. 'That should hold Jonas for a while' he thought.

Then he approached the Port itself ... and found it in a state of uproar. He eventually got some sense from the Herald, that, apparently, the Spirit of the Barony had returned, and was envisioning again. This Andreas had to meet. Wraith, immortal or otherwise. "Take me to him," Andreas replied.
That help you get something to do, Sebastien?

This is a part of my terrain map. Since nobody else in Shireroth told me what their terrain was, I only did Atterock. But it clearly shows the Hallucination terrain ... enjoy!
Q - Director of SAMIN

Sebastien Alexandre

"Ozarka, Ozarka!" yelled a head from the back of the crowd which was helping him at the coast's edge. "It is, as I have said many times in the very recent past my dear friend William, Sebastien. Ozarka is no more - Sebastien, if you please" he said, exasperated. "But come, tell me - what news do you have that you feel it necessary to shout it to the heavens?" he said, brushing his hair from his eyes. At first his friend William thought him to be angry with him, but all Sebastien had said had been done with a grin on his tired face, and so William could see he was but playing with him. "The baron, O-.... Sebastien, wishes an audience with this 'Spirit of Old' he is hearing of within the city." He placed emphasis on the 'Spirit of Old', laughing. It is true William had been much younger when he and Sebastien were friends, but it was not so long ago to exile Sebastien to legends and tales. Sebastien seemed to share his sentiment, for he laughed before waving, as if to beckon William closer. "Well, do not leave this baron waiting! We must hear what this Rebel of Rebels has to say, do we not?"

"While I am gone, please continue to gather the fish into the holding areas. Please, keep as many alive as possible." Sebastien stated to the men around him. "But why do we need these fish?" asked one of the older men. "Illusions, my friends, are powerful things" Sebastien said calmly, adding "and I think not that the Duke's men should like to swim through what could be perceived as shark infested waters, do you not agree?".

Andreas the Wise

Andreas the Wise, Baron of Atterock, and currently preparing for the next battle in what looked to be a long civil war against his Duke, had a choice. He could go and consult with the man he hoped would be commanding his armies - the man that had accompanied Lady Willow to his Baronial Council, who's name he still did not know, but appeared to have the support of the people of Old Hallucination as an heir to the Halluci. Or he could go and talk to this 'Spirit of Old' that rumours said had returned to the city to re-envision their defences in times of need. Which one he chose to follow - the war or his curiosity - may have repurcussions he could not understand ...

Ironically for him, such metaphysical musings were instantly relieved when, after having decided to see the 'Spirit of Old' first, he discovered him to be ... "You're the man from the Baronial Council!" Andreas said, surprised. "And you look far too young to be a spirit of the Barony ... though I suppose Corey ..."
Sebastien brushed this reference to a Toketi god aside. "We have indeed met before, but I don't believe I was introduced. I am Sebastien, formally Ozarka, a citizen of Old Hallucination, and the heir to the Halluci powers."
"I have noticed brief envisionings on my journey here," Andreas said. It was partly a lie - he'd only noticed one as he walked into the city, since he'd teleported straight here from Gong Li when he heard the news, but he could recognise illusions when he saw them, having been foiled by them in war so often. And these were really, really good ones.
"If I may ask, how are you finding the envisioning power?" Andreas questioned. He feared the SCM binding may have done more harm than they had intended, and diminished the power.
"I do not know for sure what it was like of old," Sebastien replied, "but I think it is somewhat weaker."
"To be expected," Andreas muttered to himself, then looked back up at Sebastien. "You must tell me the full story of how you came by these powers ... but first ... since you have the support of the people - envisioned and otherwise, I'm appointing you Commander of my land forces. I've instructed the Dryads to hold off the forest - hopefully that may delay the Duke a day or two. In the meantime, I'd like to discuss strategy. I'm sorry, I have a terrible habit of thinking aloud, so if you'll bear with me ..." Andreas started to pace.
"The mines are a problem," he began, having heard reports from his agents. "Jonas is planning this more carefully than I thought. But here at the Port, we can certainly use the submarines if need be. I could try and bring a ship or two in magically ... but it would probably knock me out for a few days. Similiarly, I could summon a huge blizzard, to kill much of his army, but chances are I'd be knocked out for four days, and magically impotent for over a week. That rules a major magical attack out, I think.
We do have as a bonus that he's decided to keep this war internal. I agree with that - saves needless loss of life. But it also means I'm honour bound not to bring a thousand mages down from my lands up north ... I have to deal with what I have. Thank goodness the ANOVA's are already established ... those few days that Jonas is delayed could be the few days it takes to get a lot of the old magic casters fully online with SCM. Remember - Blackrock Nua might have a small magic arena, but in no way are they famous for their magic. His 'Magical Nights' are nothing more than ambitious hedge witches, I expect. In magic, the advantage is clearly ours. And, we have envisioning. I look forward to seeing how you intend to organise those forces.
If you require more land support than the County can provide, I can easily arrange to gate in the Gong Li and Norfolk marines. They're ready and willing to assist. The only other forces the Duke has are magical creatures ... and hear, I laugh at his folly. Let me tell you a story, Sebastien. A couple months ago, when the binding of SCM was being finalised, the other Lord's decided that Magic was too powerful. They feared repercussions from the non-magical contingents in our lands - and also that no other nation would join magic when our people were so clearly ahead of them. So our Academies were forced to downsize considerably. It was tough to cut those Leviathen and Ents off the lists, let me tell you. I cried about losing the Balrogs," here he began to sob a little, "and it almost broke my heart to let those Kraken go." He sobbed a little more, and Sebastien realised they were real tears. Andreas must have loved those creatures. "MANA had always loved their magical creatures - many had been raised from hand by us, and their parents I'd scouted across the land to find and convince to join. It broke my heart to let them go ... and so when a nice communist chap came to Kildare and asked for a land with dangerous magical creatures, I obliged by letting them go in Vervollkomung. The communist chap was never seen again, oddly ... but the creatures are still there.
Never have they recognised a human as their leader merely because he was the leader of the realm. They recognised me only as Lord of Magic, and one who cared for them. While Jonas might have been able to herd a few into his armies, I severely doubt they will not return to me when called. Jonas is not magical, and was not the one who trained them. He has nothing to endear them to him. We shall use that to our advantage."
"If I may interrupt," Sebastien said, fearing this 'thinking aloud' would go on forever ...
(I'm working on the Gralan expedition mentality - people just advance the storyline, and you can write for other characters (as long as you keep them in character), you just tend to focus on yourself. Hope you don't mind. Feel free to write dialogue for me in your response. I'm just combining a greeting and a war planning post into one ...)
Q - Director of SAMIN

Sebastien Alexandre

"If I may interrupt..... hold on, did I hear you correctly? You will appoint me commander of the forces of my county? You may be in higher in rank, good sir, but it was not so long ago I too, stood as count. You are but a bird who has not yet spread wings, dear friend, while I am an eagle who knows well the currents of the wind" he said smugly. "Very well, Lord Baron. I will play your game, for a time." Gesturing around him, he added "I think that the Duke's forces will be loathed to launch an amphibious assault on the Port, given the current shark infestation." with a smile. At the Baron's confused look, he stepped over and stuck his hand out over the water, above one of the fish in the holding tank. Almost instantly a slight breeze picked up, and the fish's tail begin to elongate, its eyes moving towards the side of it's head and it's snout growing outwards, it's teeth become sharp and serrated on the edges. "You will find, Lord Baron, that while I may have been gone for quite some time, my tricks are still as sharp as ever." Sebastien added, a glint of fire in his eyes.

Turning his eyes away from Andreas and towards Lady Willow, he added in a tone that rang with both the authority of one who is used to it but has not had the time to exercise it recently, and the warmer tones of one who recognizes an old friend. "Willow, if you would be so kind as to continue to try and coerce the ents into their cooperation? Please remind them of past... displeasures, I have had with them and the consequences of defying an order of the Count." While none of the ents had ever died from defying Sebastien, it was, he believed, a rather unpleasant experience for them to feel as if they were burning from the flames of a raging forest fire. "With Willow taking care of the Ents, I will stay in Port Halluci and personally see to the defenses of this land. If you have no other news for me, Lord Baron, I have a people to defend."

Andreas the Wise

OOC: How long are you thinking it is since you were count? By ASC sorta reckoning, plague and all, there have been about 500 years since you last physically ruled the county ... at least ... Just I'm getting somewhat confused ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Sebastien

Post by Sebastien »

OOC:
Well,
it's really only been a year,
and I haven't been aware of any timelines established on the time period.

Andreas the Wise

OOC: Ah ... I've been working on roughly ASC time (1 day = 1 year) and you're thinking on real time ... that's where the confusion comes in ... as far as I'm concered, Hallucination has been without an envisioning Count for at least 500 years ....
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

OOC: Andreas is right. We use the ASC time.

Andreas the Wise

OOC: If you want, we can run with both and just explain the time paradox in the game (like you actually ARE from the County one year ago, and 500 years without a count HAVE actually happened ...)
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

OOC: We can remove him from the game :document

( :p )

Andreas the Wise

OOC: Oh, but I love that recognition scene ... I vote Time Paradox ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

OOC: Time Paradox it is then.
Oz, you're lucky you aren't removed from history. :p

Andreas the Wise

Give the poor guy a chance to respond now he's realised we were thinking on a different time zone ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “County of Old Hallucination”